GDT: #80|Pittsburgh at Detroit Rock City looking for Kiss|Tuesday, April 2nd 7:30pm|LCA|FS-D+, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Dumo DTD with a lower body injury. Out tonight.

Cruising to the the playoffs, la la la...

Son of a!

cnnuf7g.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If the Pens win the SC, the DVD/BluRay is going to be rated NC17 due to the brutal imagery.
It'll be narrated by Jordan Peele in his Twilight Zone voice.

"The Penguins...although fighting hard to make it into the playoffs, decided..they...should have a greater challenge. Would they have enjoyed the success more or less without the added difficulty of Olli Maatta and his counter part, Zachary Ross Trotman."

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
It'll be narrated by Jordan Peele in his Twilight Zone voice.

"The Penguins...although fighting hard to make it into the playoffs, decided..they...should have a greater challenge. Would they have enjoyed the success more or less without the added difficulty of Olli Maatta and his counter part, Zachary Ross Trotman."

At this point, Pettersson-Gunbranson may be our best defensive pairing.

Note: Until Schultz gets his act together, that might not even be hyperbole in the least. Yes, I know, he's with Johnson, and I am no Johnson fan, but a lot of Schultz's issues right now are of his own making.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I mean, clearly the Pens have become bored with dominating the league.

They are clearly just leveling the playing field for other teams.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Note: Until Schultz gets his act together, that might not even be hyperbole in the least. Yes, I know, he's with Johnson, and I am no Johnson fan, but a lot of Schultz's issues right now are of his own making.
I can't believe I am saying this, but I would rather see Maatta back with Schultz, it might solve some of his issues and make Olli stay back and play a more defensive defenseman role.

Johnson and Trotman, a whole new abomination.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Schultz looks like Letang last year. Mental mistakes due to not being able to do what he used to.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, day to day with a 'why the hell are you making me play with Maatta' injury. :D

Let’s hope it’s that...we’ve had some **** luck with injuries this year and can never get healthy...day to day could mean he’s out til September...

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Schultz looks like Letang last year. Mental mistakes due to not being able to do what he used to.
But we all knew Schultz would be rusty being back from his injury, he lost a lot of time and strength and his timing is off. The best this team can do is continue to play him as much as they can and hope it all falls into place. But I would do it with a partner he's used to, Olli Maatta - While a slow piece of shit, is familiarity.

Reactions: EightyOne

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Why are you being so overly dramatic about the defence, take a look at the Wings defence and tell me with a straight face that you have even heard half of these names before, yet the Wings seem to be doing all right of late. ;)

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Good lord, I just saw Detroit's lineup and I agree with RW. The Pens will only have themselves to blame if they lose this game.

Detroit has won 5 in a row. Bad lineup or no they're playing well. If the Pens expect to just waltz in and easily win, they could be in for a rude awakening.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Detroit having won 5 in a row is good for us, we love losing to teams who are on a losing streak and beating those who are on a winning streak.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Good lord, I just saw Detroit's lineup and I agree with RW. The Pens will only have themselves to blame if they lose this game.
They've been beating some very good teams in their last 10 games. Joke of a roster? Probably, yeah. But man are they playing like a bunch of dudes that have nothing to lose and everything to gain for their self prides. A lot of young guys fighting for their jobs to show they belong.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not only have they won 5 in a row, but they beat Vegas, SJ and just Won against Boston putting up 6 goals...go figure
Yeah, I am not a fan of Blashill as a coach, but the team seems to be buying into him. I catch a few Wings games, it makes me sad AA is not a Penguin.

Reactions: Andy99

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Not only have they won 5 in a row, but they beat Vegas, SJ and just Won against Boston putting up 6 goals...go figure

None of these teams had much to play for, though. The Pens should be more motivated tonight... but you never know. I wonder if we will throw everything at them in the first period, hope to gain the lead and then defend like against the Canes. The Wings have a lot of speed, I smell a short-handed goal against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad