Post-Game Talk: #80| Islanders at FLYERS | Tue., Apr. 7, 2015|

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So I had an emergency to handle at the end of the game. Re-watched the end.

excited-gif22.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Best part of that goal is that Karlsson came off the bench to stop Crosby's breakaway, then beat it up the ice, while Sid the Skid dawdled back to the bench as they scored the OT-GWG. Don't bother backchecking you superstar. :)

There's a large amount of quit in Crosby.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Nightmare Scenario. All Ottawa has to do is beat the flyers in the last game of the year to eliminate the pens from the playoffs.

We Win.

Which also clinches the 8th pick.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Nightmare Scenario. All Ottawa has to do is beat the flyers in the last game of the year to eliminate the pens from the playoffs.

We Win.

Emery, Emery, Emery.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If we were winning boring games 1-0 against bad teams and the goals were scored by players I don't care about like Grossmann or Lecavalier then I'd be pretty annoyed.

But we're beating playoff teams, hurting their chances and confidence, scoring plenty of goals, G and V are getting points, and most importantly Couturier and Schenn are seriously impressing.

Plus, these wins are having almost no impact on the draft. We only had the tiniest chance for 6th since NJ is awful and it's still most likely we're either 7th or 8th. Not a big deal at all.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey

We Win.

I'd be absolutely fine with picking 8th. I'm scared they win out and teams around them lose out and the Flyers end up picking 11th. It could happen.

What a wild game that was. Halak :laugh:. I remember there was a thread asking who was better: Mason or Halak? Guy is completely mediocre.

MadFerIt95*

The Ottawa game would be the only time this season I would actively root for this team to lose.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I'd be absolutely fine with picking 8th. I'm scared they win out and teams around them lose out and the Flyers end up picking 11th. It could happen.

What a wild game that was. Halak :laugh:. I remember there was a thread asking who was better: Mason or Halak? Guy is completely mediocre.

SJ needs 1 point in their last to keep them ahead of the Flyers. One of those against Edmonton
Florida will likely need a win in their last 2 one of those against NJ.
I think the Flyers will likely pass Colorado. they finish with the Jets and Chicago.
Columbus should beat Toronto and Buffalo at home. then they need a point against the Isles on the road.
I am thinking they pick 8th. 9th at the very, very worst.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
SJ needs 1 point in their last to keep them ahead of the Flyers. One of those against Edmonton
Florida will likely need a win in their last 2 one of those against NJ.
I think the Flyers will likely pass Colorado. they finish with the Jets and Chicago.
Columbus should beat Toronto and Buffalo at home. then they need a point against the Isles on the road.
I am thinking they pick 8th. 9th at the very, very worst.

I just don't think we're that lucky.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
How high can they climb in the standings, theoretically?
Would be horrible if they finished 11th because of the current winning streak :help:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Would be horrible if they finished 11th because of the current winning streak :help:

they can pass Florida, Columbus, San Jose and Colorado.
I think the chances of them passing Colorado are fairly high given who the Avs play.
yes I know they are ahead of Columbus now with a CBJ having one game in hand.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ

Isn't this sort of what happened 2 years ago? Could have been as low as #4 (Seth Jones) and ended up picking #11? Can we just take it easy the last two games? Could you imagine if G or Jake end up getting a major injury?

I think the fans at the WFC will understand if we lose the last game of the season to (1) get a better draft position and (2) help eliminate the Pens from the playoffs.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I was still shouting at the TV when Brayden Schenn scored. In my head I was thinking, "watch him score on some fluke goal right here like when you play NHL15."

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Isn't this sort of what happened 2 years ago? Could have been as low as #4 (Seth Jones) and ended up picking #11? Can we just take it easy the last two games? Could you imagine if G or Jake end up getting a major injury?

I think the fans at the WFC will understand if we lose the last game of the season to (1) get a better draft position and (2) help eliminate the Pens from the playoffs.

I am generally opposed to legitimate tanking, such as purposely losing games. It is not the way to operate. That being said...if losing to Ottawa on the final day of the season guarantees a Pens team missing the playoffs...I am all for it. If they win out and everyone else loses out I think the worst they can do is 11, but I doubt it shakes out that way even if the Flyers win out. I am guessing they pick 8 or 9, although they have had trouble with Carolina all year it would seem.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Getting as low as Seth Jones would have required some really extraordinary circumstances, I believe.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I am generally opposed to legitimate tanking, such as purposely losing games. It is not the way to operate. That being said...if losing to Ottawa on the final day of the season guarantees a Pens team missing the playoffs...I am all for it. If they win out and everyone else loses out I think the worst they can do is 11, but I doubt it shakes out that way even if the Flyers win out. I am guessing they pick 8 or 9, although they have had trouble with Carolina all year it would seem.

How egregious would it have to be for the NHL front office to cry foul? Sitting Mason is run-of-the-mill, but if Giroux and Voracek were on the shelf (I doubt they would considering V's pursuit of the Art Ross)? Playing Lecavalier as 1st-line C alongside Rinaldo? Grossmann in nets? Broomball shoes and cosom hockey sticks for all Flyers?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
As I said in another thread the Flyers aren't going to do anything but give their best effort on Saturday. if Ottawa needs to win that game to get into the playoffs they are going to have to earn it. That is not the Flyers style to "lay down" for anyone even if you do want to see your most hated rival miss the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad