Post-Game Talk: #80| Islanders at FLYERS | Tue., Apr. 7, 2015|

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Picking 7th or 8th won't make a big difference. I'd rather see good things from our team for the future than suck and pick one spot higher. Schenn seems to have a hot streak, which is good for us. We just avoided a season sweep against a division rival. Mason is having a heck of a season. Voracek is incredible. Giroux is what he is supposed to be. Couturier is improving too, MDZ is good, etc. We just need to improve the D and this team will be very good.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Is Streit at 51 points , that is damn impressive.

Replacing Luke and Gross will improve the transition game so much.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Voracek was the guy who left his man.

I was sure a SO loss was coming up. Halolak.

Yeh, Voracek had an atrocious last shift.

He passed up ENs twice to try and get G the puck... I would not mind, and I like that and completely understand... especially if two up, but they were not, and both times G was still near his own circles as he had taken the puck and sprang the outlet! So I have no idea how V thought he would be there in time... and then tried to jump up off the faceoff without knowing what had happened.

On the replay as well G did win it... no Tavares purposefully knocking past.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Picking 7th or 8th won't make a big difference. I'd rather see good things from our team for the future than suck and pick one spot higher. Schenn seems to have a hot streak, which is good for us. We just avoided a season sweep against a division rival. Mason is having a heck of a season. Voracek is incredible. Giroux is what he is supposed to be. Couturier is improving too, MDZ is good, etc. We just need to improve the D and this team will be very good.

Sigh. Are these last 3-5 games or so really clouding your vision that much? This team is/was just not good enough this year, plain and simple. There's not enough skill and the defense is very bad. This team's 5 on 5 play is extremely bad and must get better

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I don't know how many instances a team has scored two goals with their goalie pulled. I remember the Flyers doing it against the Bruins to keep their home unbeaten streak alive in 1980. Two goals in the last minute.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

that is not true. 7th and 8th could be a huge difference.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Sigh. Are these last 3-5 games or so really clouding your vision that much? This team is/was just not good enough this year, plain and simple. There's not enough skill and the defense is very bad. This team's 5 on 5 play is extremely bad and must get better

The main problem is the PK and there's no good reason for it to be 29th. Coaches need to be fired.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The main problem is the PK and there's no good reason for it to be 29th. Coaches need to be fired.

Yep, at 5v5 the Flyers have scored more than they have conceded... on the PP the Flyers are 3rd best in the league.

But the PK has been abysmal. If the PK had been average the Flyers are likely a wildcard.

I must admit though I do not think Berube's defensive strategy has helped the team at 5v5... he took a top ten offense each of the last 3 seasons and made them below league average.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Woooooooooooooo!

Best part of that goal is that Karlsson came off the bench to stop Crosby's breakaway, then beat it up the ice, while Sid the Skid dawdled back to the bench as they scored the OT-GWG. Don't bother backchecking you superstar. :)

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
islanders have to beat the pens in regulation.

Sens have to beat the rangers and the Flyers both games on the road.

I think the Isles could get motivated to achieve this result... :)

Flyers and Rangers could hold team parties the night before and morning of the games, then offer huge tryptophan-enhanced turkey dinners just prior to game time....

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Pavelac back to back shut outs, that's insane his turn around almost all from a new coach.

This city is gonna explode if they make it, so many guys didn't want the last game vs Flames in ticket pools. Those tix will be worth $1000 each Sat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad