GDT: #80 - HURRICANES at SABRES – MON APR 6 @ 7:00 PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TV – WGR

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

CANES LINES: MORNING SKATE
11:30 a.m.

Here's what lineup the Canes will utilize tonight versus Buffalo.

E. Staal-J. Staal-Lindholm
Gerbe-Rask-Terry
Skinner-Nestrasil-Semin
Malone-McClement-Dwyer

Hainsey-Faulk
Liles-Bellemore
Jordan-Biega

Ward
Khudobin

Ryan Murphy appears to be the healthy extra on defense. Additionally, Riley Nash (concussion) and Rasmus Rissanen (MCL) skated in yellow, no-contact sweaters this morning. I spoke with Nash on Friday after his first practice with the team, and a story will be posted shortly today.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Semin's a 3rd-liner now??? :amazed:

He's been a healthy scratch. He and the new coach just don't jive. at all.

Whats funny is Hurricane fans defended the 7x5 deal when Semin signed it, saying Semin has changed, turned the corner, etc.

Less than 2 years into that deal and they'd likely pay to get rid of him.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Can we please do a GBU after the game, no matter the outcome, just so someone can write "Rod Brind'amour" under Ugly. Call me easily entertained, but I get a kick out of that every single time :laugh:.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
So you are hoping that the Canes lose tonight and get a better draft pick/better odds for McDavid without suffering as much?

Seems like someone who hates Carolina would want the outcome that is worst for them, which also happens to be the outcome best for Buffalo.
Good point but it's impossible for me to watch them lose to Carolina and feel happiness. I'm sure after the game I would be happy we are one step closer to a guaranteed top-2 pick.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Good point but it's impossible for me to watch them lose to Carolina and feel happiness. I'm sure after the game I would be happy we are one step closer to a guaranteed top-2 pick.

One step? It's clinched if we lose tonight. We are celebrating if we lose tonight. I'm getting my Eichel jersey. :laugh:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
He's been a healthy scratch. He and the new coach just don't jive. at all.

Whats funny is Hurricane fans defended the 7x5 deal when Semin signed it, saying Semin has changed, turned the corner, etc.

Less than 2 years into that deal and they'd likely pay to get rid of him.

Sounds like Semin & Hodgson should grab a post-game beer. They can commiserate and swap coping strategy ideas.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
One step? It's clinched if we lose tonight. We are celebrating if we lose tonight. I'm getting my Eichel jersey. :laugh:

Whoops!

I've a crazy weekend, and completely lost track of the race. I guess I will be thrilled AFTER the loss;)

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
I had managed to put the game out of mind until now. I say half the day is very successful.

Now I'll be spending the rest of the day in the fetal position.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Here are the projected lineups:

HURRICANES

Eric Staal - Jordan Staal - Elias Lindholm

Jeff Skinner - Andrej Nestrasil - Alexander Semin

Chris Terry - Victor Rask - Nathan Gerbe

Brad Malone - Jay McClement - Patrick Dwyer

Ron Hainsey - Justin Faulk

Brett Bellemore - John-Michael Liles

Michal Jordan - Danny Biega

Cam Ward

Anton Khudobin

Scratched: Ryan Murphy

Injured: Riley Nash (concussion), Rasmus Rissanen (knee), Jack Hillen (concussion)

SABRES

Matt Moulson - Johan Larsson - Tyler Ennis

Marcus Foligno - Mikhail Grigorenko - Brian Gionta

Zac Dalpe - Philip Varone - Cody Hodgson

Nicolas Deslauriers - Matt Ellis - Patrick Kaleta

Tyson Strachan - Zach Bogosian

Andrej Meszaros - Rasmus Ristolainen

Nikita Zadorov - Andre Benoit

Anders Lindback

Andrey Makarov

Scratched: None

Injured: Mike Weber (undisclosed), Matt Hackett (lower body), Jerry D'Amigo (facial surgery), Zemgus Girgensons (foot), Josh Gorges (lower body), Chad Johnson (lower body), Cody McCormick (blood clots), Evander Kane (shoulder)

Status Report: Nash and Rissanen wore non-contact jerseys during the Hurricanes' morning skate. … Tim Schaller skated with the Sabres on Monday, but with Moulson healthy he was returned to Rochester of the American Hockey League. … Nolan said they would know more about Weber's status soon.

Who's Hot: Lindholm has a point in two straight games, with one goal and one assist. … Terry has two goals and two assists in the past five games. … Meszaros has four goals and an assist in five games.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Referees
Dave Jackson (#8)
Garrett Rank (#48)

Referees Jackson & Rank have worked 0 games together this season.

Linesmen
Trent Knorr (#63)
Steve Miller (#89)

Linesmen Knorr & Miller have worked 2 games together this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad