Post-Game Talk: #80| FLYERS 0 at Devils 1 (OT) | Tue., April 4, 2017

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
VDV from healthy scratch to nearly 15 minutes TOI
Konecny 10 minutes
Vecchione 8 minutes

All of this in a scoreless game mind you

He had Vandevelde, Bellemare, McDonald, Schultz, and MacDonald on the ice in the last minute of a tie game where they didn't score a goal.

Only way this makes sense is if they were actively trying to lose, which is maybe why he hates Mason so much

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
1-0 OT loss against the Devils, some things never change.

Morin is promising.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
5 minutes of which were on the PK.

I thought Morin was pretty good apart from being beaten to the outside twice in the first period.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have never disliked a coach more than Hakstol in my life.

Sigh.

Morin did have a very solid debut at least.

Vecchi didnt get enough ice time to get a read on but he did rip off a nice wrist shot coming down the right wing.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
id love to have been a fly on the wall in the Flyers org. today when VdV got slated for scratching, Weal gets sick... you know Haks was delerious with glee at the thought of getting to play his son again anyways..

wait Weal is sick ? why not play Luby ?... nope lets play my boy instead..

SIGH...

If you haven't noticed, Lyubimov hasn't played in almost a month and the GM called up the Phantoms captain just so they didn't have to play him when Read got hurt. So Lyubimov not playing is clearly a joint decision from Flyers management.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Outside of two good games, Weise still does nothing. I would rather see Lyubimov get a chance with those two. I know he's not safe or reliable enough to get in the line up, but still.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He juggles lines for nonsensical reasons all the time. His line juggling last game cost the team the game. The Del Zotto-Gostisbehere pairing had been the best pairing for a while, so of course he broke it up by promoting Manning and benching Ghost. Tonight they were short handed a ton, so Ghost actually got even strength ice time and he had 8 shots and was the best skater for either team. Yet this simpleton would rather play Brandon freakin' Manning over him.

Manning has played less games and averaged less ice time than Ghost or anyone but Schultz.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Outside of two good games, Weise still does nothing. I would rather see Lyubimov get a chance with those two. I know he's not safe or reliable enough to get in the line up, but still.

Much like Medvedev last year, Lyubimov has already been banished.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Manning has played less games and averaged less ice time than Ghost or anyone but Schultz.

Manning had more TOI than Ghost in the first 57 minutes of the Rangers game. He proceeded to contribute to 3 GA. Ghost narrowly edged him out in ice time in the end because he played most of the last 3 minutes as we tried to tie it up with an empty-net. That is pathetic ice time distribution consideriing how well Ghost has been playing.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I'm talking about last game specifically.

If Hakstol isn't comfortable with all 3 pairings, Ghost will be the odd man out with Schultz and sitting most of the game at even strength.

He also regularly benches Ghost in the third in close games, while Manning, Del Zotto, and MacDonald get regular shifts.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That's what I think, Hexy said to bench him, and this was Haks way of being defiant.

This is more delusional than when you insisted Streit could not be traded. VdV only played because Weal got sick. He got less than 10 minutes at ES, but because the Devils were being handed PPs by the refs, he got almost 5 SH minutes. There's nothing defiant or unusual going on, that's just a crazy wish you desperately want to be true.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He had Vandevelde, Bellemare, McDonald, Schultz, and MacDonald on the ice in the last minute of a tie game where they didn't score a goal.

Only way this makes sense is if they were actively trying to lose, which is maybe why he hates Mason so much

In his mind he was playing for OT there. :laugh:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I like what I've seen from Morin tonight. He's no Parayko, but he can be a solid partner for someone like Ghost.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Manning averages 40 more seconds a game than Ghost at ES. Including Streit, Ghost is 7th in ES time/game.

He'll probably ignore this. Usually does if it contradicts one of his incorrect or out of context facts.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
This is more delusional than when you insisted Streit could not be traded. VdV only played because Weal got sick. He got less than 10 minutes at ES, but because the Devils were being handed PPs by the refs, he got almost 5 SH minutes. There's nothing defiant or unusual going on, that's just a crazy wish you desperately want to be true.

Do you exclude special teams in your Ghost ice time numbers or just VDV ?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like what I've seen from Morin tonight. He's no Parayko, but he can be a solid partner for someone like Ghost.

Morin is a tailor-made partner for either Ghost or Sanheim, but Ghost would probably benefit the most from him.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Morin is a tailor-made partner for either Ghost or Sanheim, but Ghost would probably benefit the most from him.
Yeah, they seem to have good chemistry as well. Ideally you want a little more upside from your 11th overall pick, but a good complementary defenseman isn't too bad either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad