Post-Game Talk: #80| FLYERS 0 at Devils 1 (OT) | Tue., April 4, 2017

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Does Konency play the PK?
Because that was the difference in PT.

Nor do I care if Konency plays at all the last couple games, he's had a full NHL season. I'm more interested in seeing if he comes to camp stronger next year than what he does in the last two games this year.

That's why this is so obsessive, Voracek has another meh game, "crickets." VdV plays 9 ES minutes, "screaming."

Only reason VdV even dressed was Weal was ill.

And none of this matters.

This isn't about Konecny at all, I don't care how much he plays in the remaining games. Honestly, the more Vandevelde plays the better since my focus is the draft now.

Like I said, it's about the future. Hakstol has shown that he doesn't realize when a player is hurting the team. He calls guys like MacDonald, Vandevelde, and Bellemare reliable and safe and whatever other inaccurate adjective he wants to throw out. That's an issue. Even when those guys are gone there will always be good and bad (by comparison) players on every team... if he continues his pattern of misuse it's going to hurt the team in a year when they should be making the playoffs instead of just at the end of lost year.

Also... "Voracek *crickets*"??? Half of every GDT is *****ing about him. Go back and look for yourself.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Since there's Craig Adams thread on the main page. Do you remember when Pens used to play Tanner Glass, him and whatever warm body they had left on their fourth line? Adams was even getting all the PK usage as well. How bad was that when compared to us?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Since there's Craig Adams thread on the main page. Do you remember when Pens used to play Tanner Glass, him and whatever warm body they had left on their fourth line? Adams was even getting all the PK usage as well. How bad was that when compared to us?

Dan Byslma is/was a terrible coach. Craig Adams was what VandeVelde is to Hakstol for Byslma.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Exactly. VDV meant nothing all year. Raffl and Read suck worse as there paid more. Top players were for the most part flops but VDV should have scored 30 in that 8min frame. VDV better not be back or hexy should be gone.

Indeed, the much bigger problem is the players at the top of the food chain, not the fungible 4th liners.

I accept that they probably aren't going to trade Giroux, because he has a NMC and they see him as the captain and face of the franchise.

But they really need to investigate the market for Voracek. Two bad seasons in a row for him. No more excuses. His play since around the end of January / early February has been putrid, to the point of being a liability. Forced plays, mental mistakes, you rarely see him use his speed, a black hole on the PP. Plus the Flyers are overcrowded at RW, especially with it being Schenn's best position. I like Voracek's personality, but he's a guy who may have some trade value despite the contract, and in my opinion he's not as good as we thought.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Indeed, the much bigger problem is the players at the top of the food chain, not the fungible 4th liners.

I accept that they probably aren't going to trade Giroux, because he has a NMC and they see him as the captain and face of the franchise.

But they really need to investigate the market for Voracek. Two bad seasons in a row for him. No more excuses. His play since around the end of January / early February has been putrid, to the point of being a liability. Forced plays, mental mistakes, you rarely see him use his speed, a black hole on the PP. Plus the Flyers are overcrowded at RW, especially with it being Schenn's best position. I like Voracek's personality, but he's a guy who may have some trade value despite the contract, and in my opinion he's not as good as we thought.

1 - He was still our leading scorer this past season and got off to a great start right up until the ENTIRE TEAM went into a deep funk. It's hard for one individual to produce on a broken team; hence the drop off in points for EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE CORE.

2 - The reasons you want to trade him are the same reasons that another team would be very hesitant in acquiring him. $8.25 million for 60ish points is not very attractive to other teams.

3 - He is still only 27 and there is no reason to think he won't bounce back when the team improves as a whole. He is mid-prime with many good years left physically. Look at Marian Hossa as a good comparable. He was still scoring 60 points at 36 years old; 9 years older than Voracek is now.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Exactly. VDV meant nothing all year. Raffl and Read suck worse as there paid more. Top players were for the most part flops but VDV should have scored 30 in that 8min frame. VDV better not be back or hexy should be gone.

Honestly, you should apply to be a beat writer for the flyers, you say all of the right things......

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
1 - He was still our leading scorer this past season and got off to a great start right up until the ENTIRE TEAM went into a deep funk. It's hard for one individual to produce on a broken team; hence the drop off in points for EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE CORE.

2 - The reasons you want to trade him are the same reasons that another team would be very hesitant in acquiring him. $8.25 million for 60ish points is not very attractive to other teams.

3 - He is still only 27 and there is no reason to think he won't bounce back when the team improves as a whole. He is mid-prime with many good years left physically. Look at Marian Hossa as a good comparable. He was still scoring 60 points at 36 years old; 9 years older than Voracek is now.

Voracek is last on the team by far in +/- since February, and his scoring since then also has been unacceptable whereas others, like Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Ghost, Gudas, have been much better and broke out of their funks. Even Weal in the last month has been better than Voracek. The excuses for Jake must end.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Voracek is last on the team by far in +/- since February, and his scoring since then also has been unacceptable whereas others, like Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Ghost, Gudas, have been much better and broke out of their funks. Even Weal in the last month has been better than Voracek. The excuses for Jake must end.

I agree that he has been bad recently. Id like to see him off the PP until he works out the kinks in his ES game. He didnt forget how to play and isnt past his prime so there is no reason to think he cant bounce back.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Voracek is fine. Let's focus on improving on the actual bad players

He's actually good enough to have a slump whereas many of the others suck all the time

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Does Konency play the PK?
Because that was the difference in PT.

Nor do I care if Konency plays at all the last couple games, he's had a full NHL season. I'm more interested in seeing if he comes to camp stronger next year than what he does in the last two games this year.

That's why this is so obsessive, Voracek has another meh game, "crickets." VdV plays 9 ES minutes, "screaming."

Only reason VdV even dressed was Weal was ill.

And none of this matters.

Not only do you not watch the games but you don't read the GDT's either. It's actually pretty pathetic the amount of *****ing that has been going on around here with Voracek. Philly fans always need something to cry about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad