GDT: #80 - 04/05/16 | tampa bay lightning @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
The move that's surprising me the most is Lundqvist starting again.

Not Hayes being scratched (and trust me, I believe it when AV says it's not for his play...seriously, I do). Not McIlrath in for Boyle. But Lundqvist starting again on a BTB...

outside of all the guys on this roster who have been either mediocre or bad this season....AV has had the worst year of them all. When was the last time a coach made this many head-scratching decisions?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Anyone angry about Hayes sitting should review some tape. He's been garbage for a very long time now. Everyone has been whining about wanting to get Lindberg in. Well, now is his chance.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Anyone angry about Hayes sitting should review some tape. He's been garbage for a very long time now. Everyone has been whining about wanting to get Lindberg in. Well, now is his chance.

Hayes has been better the last 3-4 games since Fast was added to that line, plus the rangers NEED Hayes to play well in the playoffs. He should be playing.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Going for home-ice is stupid. Let Hank get a quick break before Saturday.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

Should be interesting. I thought Skjei looked good on the PP keeping pucks in and distributing when I saw them in Albany last week.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
We're playing for home ice, so I'm playing Lundqvist.

Oh, I'm also benching two guys I've relied on all season now to completely contradict everything I do.

#AV

Am I mad that McIlrath and Lindberg are getting in the lineup? No. I'd rather see it for Girardi and Glass, though. Hayes has been back to normal since being put back at C, and that line with he Fast and Staal had been going. This probably pushes Staal back to C for a game, too, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Maybe he goes: Stalberg - Staal - Fast and puts Lindberg on the fourth line?

Who the hell knows. He'll double-shift G and spot play Dylan at 4RW for all I know.

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
Can someone briefly explain the Rangers playoff picture? I understand that if things stay the same we will play the penguins right? If we drop down a spot that would be a wildcard spot? What are the team(s) we would play? Wouldn't it be the capitals at that point? Sorry I'm no good at figuring this stuff out.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Can someone briefly explain the Rangers playoff picture? I understand that if things stay the same we will play the penguins right? If we drop down a spot that would be a wildcard spot? What are the team(s) we would play? Wouldn't it be the capitals at that point? Sorry I'm no good at figuring this stuff out.

If we stay at our current 3rd seed we definitely start on road vs penguins. If we climb to second then we play pens at home. If we drop to first wild card most likely we play the panthers in Florida to start first round. If that happens we also miss Washington in second round if we advance . Instead we would play the winner of the 2/3 seed in the Atlantic which would be either Tampa Boston of Detroit at this point . I know it's still all up in the air until probably Saturday .

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

If we're the highest of the two WC spots, we play whoever is 1st in the Atlantic. If we're the lowest WC, we play the Caps.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Good atmosphere in the building for the warmup... Even though the Bolts have everything to play for.

May just be because everyone thought the game started at 7:05. :laugh:

Also, if the scoreboard is right and the players chose the soundtrack for the warmup, we have more problems than I thought.

It's straight out of "Now That's What I Call Eastern European Disco 37."

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Good atmosphere in the building for the warmup... Even though the Bolts have everything to play for.

May just be because everyone thought the game started at 7:05. :laugh:

Also, if the scoreboard is right and the players chose the soundtrack for the warmup, we have more problems than I thought.

It's straight out of "Now That's What I Call Eastern European Disco 37."
*Blots

Have we finally found the mascot for the playoff Avi?
I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider it lol

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
If someone has the time to photo shop and knows how, just make a ton of turtle related pictures with rangers and coaching staff faces shopped in. turtle pokemons, the squirtle squad, torterra, ninja turtles, the kappa. cecil turtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad