GDT: #80 - 04/05/16 | tampa bay lightning @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2015/2016 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #80 - 04/05/2016

vs
TBL: 45-29-5______________NYR: 44-26-9

TIME | 7:30 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, SN, NBC SPORTS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@TB 12/30/15 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - LIGHTNING.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

APRIL SCHEDULE:

aprilschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

There have been a lot of ups and downs to get to this point, but it is definitely an accomplishment.
It’s not an easy thing to make the playoffs year after year.
- Marc Staal

I went to the rink on Sunday and took care of what I felt I needed to do.
There were guys there who went on and who took shots at me. I had a good workout. I thought I needed it.
If you feel like you need more work, you can always get it.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We finally got our check mark. People don’t realize how hard it is to get the opportunity to play for the Stanley Cup.
We still have the opportunity for home ice, so we’ll try to do everything we can to play our best hockey.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 79 | GF | 219
W | 45 | GA | 191
L | 29 | GF/G | 2.73
OTL | 5 | GA/G | 2.38
Pts | 95 | PIM/G | 09:31
HOME | 25-13-3 | PP% | 16.0
AWAY | 20-16-2 | PK% | 84.0
L10 | 5-5-0 | FO% | 49.5
STREAK | L1 | S/O | 3-3

Division | 2nd
Conference | 5th
League | 11th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Steven Stamkos | 36 Assists | Victor Hedman | 37 Points | Nikita Kucherov | 65 + / - | Victor Hedman | +21 Shots | Steven Stamkos | 216 Hits | Ryan Callahan | 164 Blocks | Victor Hedman | 132 PIM | J.T. Brown | 57 FO% | Valtteri Filppula | 52.0 TOI/G F: | Steven Stamkos | 19:45 TOI/G D: | Victor Hedman | 23:03

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
ondrej PALAT (A) | tyler JOHNSON | nikita KUCHEROV
alex KILLORN | valtteri FILPPULA | ryan CALLAHAN (A)
cedric PAQUETTE | vlad NAMESTNIKOV | j.t. BROWN
eric CONDRA | brian BOYLE (A) | mike BLUNDEN

LD | RD
victor HEDMAN | matt CARLE
jason GARRISON | andrej SUSTR
braydon COBURN | nikita NESTEROV

Scratched
slater KOEKKOEK |
jon MARCHESSAULT |
joel VERMIN |

STARTING GOALIE:

goalietba.png

TBA

GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SA: 0 | GA: 0 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Steven Stamkos | Blood clots (IR)
Anton Stralman | Lower body (IR)
Mattias Ohlund | Lower body (LTIR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 79 | GF | 229
W | 44 | GA | 209
L | 26 | GF/G | 2.86
OTL | 9 | GA/G | 2.62
Pts | 97 | PIM/G | 08:22
HOME | 25-9-4 | PP% | 19.1
AWAY | 19-17-5 | PK% | 78.3
L10 | 5-3-2 | FO% | 49.2
STREAK | W1 | S/O | 3-2

Division | 3rd
Conference | 5th
League | 9th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Derick Brassard | 27 Assists | Keith Yandle | 40 Points | Mats Zuccarello | 59 + / - | Ryan McDonagh | +26 Shots | Derek Stepan | 186 Hits | Tanner Glass | 219 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 194 PIM | Dylan McIlrath | 60 FO% | Dominic Moore | 55.8 TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 18:26 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 22:21

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
j.t. MILLER | derick BRASSARD | rick NASH
chris KREIDER | derek STEPAN (A) | mats ZUCCARELLO
eric STAAL | oscar LINDBERG | jesper FAST
tanner GLASS | dominic MOORE | viktor STALBERG

LD | RD
marc STAAL (A) | kevin KLEIN
keith YANDLE | dan GIRARDI (A)
brady SKJEI | dylan MCILRATH

Scratched
kevin HAYES |
dan BOYLE |

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 63 | W: 34 | L: 20 | OT: 7 | PIM: 2
SV% .920 | GAA: 2.47 | SA: 1887 | GA: 151 | SO: 4

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ryan McDonagh | Hand (Out)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys4a.png

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lets ****ing do it.

They're going to come out hard after their embarrassing loss to the Islanders last night. Let's make them leave another arena embarrassed.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Please lose tonight and Thursday.

Best thing that can happen to this team is falling to the 1st WC spot and playing in the Atlantic. They've clinched a spot and have 6 points, and the tie breaker, over Philly and they have 4 games (8 possible points) left. With Det, Pitt and Isles still on their schedule I doubt they'll win all 4 of their games.

No matter what, this is a good time to get Lindberg and McI some playing time to get them up to speed, and that's with the idea Skjei is going to replace McDonagh. Boyle and Hayes or Glass should be taking a seat.

Won't happen, but I can dream, can't I?

Last edited:

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
God help this team if Staal-Klein is the top pairing going into the playoffs (if McD is out).

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Played solid against a garbage team so hopefully we can continue that.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
God help this team if Staal-Klein is the top pairing going into the playoffs (if McD is out).

Hoping for Yandle - Klein as top, all around type, pair and then Staal - G as more of a shutdown. The problem with that is you get left with Boyle playing with either Skjei or McI and that's bad news. These young guys need to have a partner who will, at least, be in proper position, not doing figure 8's in the defensive zone or skating up the ice with the forwards when there are 2-3 forecheckers putting pressure on.

Give me:
Yandle - Klein
Staal - G
Skjei - McI

If McD is out for a while and AV had the balls to go with these pairings, I bet Skjei-McI becomes the 2nd most reliable pairing after a few games.

jwelles17

Apr 23, 2012
Best thing that can happen to this team is falling to the 1st WC spot and playing in the Atlantic. They've clinched a spot and have 6 points, and the tie breaker, over Philly and they have 4 games (8 possible points) left. With Det, Pitt and Isles still on their schedule I doubt they'll win all 4 of their games.

No matter what, this is a good time to get Lindberg and McI some playing time to get them up to speed, and that's with the idea Skjei is going to replace McDonagh. Boyle and Hayes or Glass should be taking a seat.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Mattias Ohlund is still on their roster?
last played in spring'11

must be playing mah jhong with Pronger, Savard and Horton

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
clearly this isn't the way I wanted it to happen, but I'm so happy Skjei is up...maybe, JUST MAYBE, he can play well enough to force Boyle to the bench come playoff time.

I know AV is married to his L/R pairings, but Skjei has played both sides all season in HFD. It's clear at this point that AV doesn't trust McI enough to play him, but he has shown trust in Skjei in the few games he's been up here.

But I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. We'll continue to see Girardi and Boyle get dominated in one-on-one battles and it will end our season.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Let's win this one.

As much as I'd like for the team to end up in the Atlantic brackets, I'd much rather see the Rangers wrap up their regular season on a win streak.

Let's ****ing do it.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Why would we want Hayes to take a seat? A young player who is playing is best hockey of the season we want sitting before the playoffs instead of continuing to get confidence? How does that make sense?

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
Why would we want Hayes to take a seat? A young player who is playing is best hockey of the season we want sitting before the playoffs instead of continuing to get confidence? How does that make sense?

It doesn't, as he is a big part of arguably our most consistent (best?) line going right now.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Hoping for Yandle - Klein as top, all around type, pair and then Staal - G as more of a shutdown. The problem with that is you get left with Boyle playing with either Skjei or McI and that's bad news. These young guys need to have a partner who will, at least, be in proper position, not doing figure 8's in the defensive zone or skating up the ice with the forwards when there are 2-3 forecheckers putting pressure on.

Give me:
Yandle - Klein
Staal - G
Skjei - McI

If McD is out for a while and AV had the balls to go with these pairings, I bet Skjei-McI becomes the 2nd most reliable pairing after a few games.

Klein has been **** for the last 2 games.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Rangers had JAM in HFD one year and let him walk when he was their best player, and they had their sights on Joel Vermin a couple of seasons back.

Both baby UFAs. Didn't get the job done.

Had Bengtsson and Zaitsev around too... unsigned.

Whoever the Rangers scouting staff are, they're doing a good job of pinpointing these guys out.

Wish the brass acted sooner in getting those guys signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig