GDT: #8 RallyTeemu? Ducks @ Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Sweet revenge!

:cry:

This game should put to rest the talk of the team playing to sack the coach, but there are still some serious issues with this squad. Freddie going into hero-mode and the Hawks going through a scoring drought of their own made this game look better than it really was. Patience isn't going to fix this at this point, we're past the point of no return IMO, time for a shakeup.

Embarrassing end to this one, our captain getting schooled by theirs... again. :baghead: Get the puck deep, Getz, set the example out there!!!

**** 3v3

Oct 18, 2011
the old adage is to get out of a rut you will play a good game and lose, before you win
guess we'll see about that tomorrow

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Getzlaf

be-the-change.png

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I don't really buy the moral victory nonsense, but I do think we saw some good things. It was a better effort. We got some chances. The PP wasn't completely awful. It was definitely a game we could have won.

There is still plenty to be frustrated about. Topping the list is probably Getzlaf.

Even with the good, it's crap. Looking for positive things in a regular season loss, with a team that went to the Conference Finals last season. It wasn't as bad as the previous 7 games. Hooray.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
I don't really buy the moral victory nonsense, but I do think we saw some good things. It was a better effort. We got some chances. The PP wasn't completely awful. It was definitely a game we could have won.

There is still plenty to be frustrated about. Topping the list is probably Getzlaf.

Even with the good, it's crap. Looking for positive things in a regular season loss, with a team that went to the Conference Finals last season. It wasn't as bad as the previous 7 games. Hooray.
I actually agree with you, but my fear is just that this line up is seriously flawed up front...i feel like we need a top 6 LW (for the 2nd line) that plays a gritty game and likes to shot the puck...im not going to blame BM for this but this team needs what beleskey did last year...IMO hagelin and sekac SHOULD NOT be in the top 6, but having those guys in the bottom 6 really makes up deep (and thompson cant be back soon enough).

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I actually agree with you, but my fear is just that this line up is seriously flawed up front...i feel like we need a top 6 LW (for the 2nd line) that plays a gritty game and likes to shot the puck...im not going to blame BM for this but this team needs what beleskey did last year...IMO hagelin and sekac SHOULD NOT be in the top 6, but having those guys in the bottom 6 really makes up deep (and thompson cant be back soon enough).

It does seem to be lacking scoring. Getzlaf and Perry went through droughts last season, and we still found ways to win games. We're just not getting anything, and half of what little we are getting feels like it's coming from the blue line.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I don't know but does anyone remember that play hampus made along the boards to the middle to get a scoring chance toward the end of the game, that was underrated holy sheet looked like Karlsson

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I don't know but does anyone remember that play hampus made along the boards to the middle to get a scoring chance toward the end of the game, that was underrated holy sheet looked like Karlsson

ya that was slick. very NHL16 esque

him and fowler should most definitely be a pairing. i'd honestly play them 25-28 min a game rofl

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Getzlaf set up dudes all night. He made a mental mistake at the end of a long shift in an OT game that is now magnified because of a historically flakey offensive drought. Getzlaf sucks, the end.

DucksAreCool

Feb 24, 2015
Oh, he was the captain of that team?
Scotty never captained a Cup winner before that. So you're saying Getzlaf's got three more years to be a Scotty level leader and you jumped to a bad comparison in the heat of the moment?

DaDucks*

to be hoenst you never really know if they can or can't until you actually play them that many minutes

Cam went on a run two years ago mid-late season with those minutes.... Did pretty well, but you could tell it took its toll in the playoffs.... Hamp has faded every single playoffs he's been in....

So, I guess you're right, because we haven't played them together with those minutes. So far, they haven't given bb a reason to, and It's the same reason why he's monitored the D's minutes going back to last season.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Cam went on a run two years ago mid-late season with those minutes.... Did pretty well, but you could tell it took its toll in the playoffs.... Hamp has faded every single playoffs he's been in....

So, I guess you're right, because we haven't played them together with those minutes. So far, they haven't given bb a reason to, and It's the same reason why he's monitored the D's minutes going back to last season.

i dont know how they could give BB a reason to if they've been given the opportunity. unless you're saying the other pairings are good enough so that thats why they've not had to.

fowler-lindholm have been paired together a couple times this year (only a handful of shifts) but they've looked absolutely dynamic while doing so.

DaDucks*

i dont know how they could give BB a reason to if they've been given the opportunity. unless you're saying the other pairings are good enough so that thats why they've not had to.

fowler-lindholm have been paired together a couple times this year (only a handful of shifts) but they've looked absolutely dynamic while doing so.

I'm not disputing they don't look good together, I wouldn't mind them out protecting leads late, but as far as pairing them up full time with heavy minutes is something I wouldn't pull for... Overall, I thought the D was fine tonight... I worry about Bieska playing 20 minutes without Hamp or cam tbh

DaDucks*

I do but I'm not saying. I've applied for the job for when Bruce gets canned. When Eddie gets behind the bench you will see a difference. :D

You want to pair up Hamp and Cam don't you :laugh:

The King of the + with the prince of -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad