GDT: #8 | Oilers at FLYERS | Sat. Oct. 21, 1:00 pm ET| NBCSP, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Pictou County area, still try to visit while I can but there's not too much job wise back home.

Also, how do people pronounce jalapeño? 'Alapeno?

Pictou area....dated someone from that area...know some from Scottsburn and River John too!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The Pictou County area, still try to visit while I can but there's not too much job wise back home.

Also, how do people pronounce jalapeño? 'Alapeno?

Hahahaha - it's "hala - pain - yo" - that's the Spanish pronunciation. I thought for sure they were making a joke of it when Ricky pronounces it that way :laugh:

EDIT: Also, the stress is on the "pain" part - Ricky always says "ja LAP pan no"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think you are wise not to specify exactly where - there are some real weirdos on here :naughty: It is hilarious imagining you going to get a pepperoni or chucking a piss jug out your window :laugh: Do you pronounce the hard "j" in "jalapeno chips"?

tumblr_mlbwyy385g1qll34mo1_500.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Pictou,, I really do believe Captains favorite and my boy George Canyon is from that area ???

I was thinking of you today. Not because I need to get a life, but because as soon as I got home from my adventure at customs, just SEETHING with rage, I turned on the TV and what was the first thing I heard? Your yodeling buddy there murdering the poor defenseless Canadian anthem. Brutal.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I was thinking of you today. Not because I need to get a life, but because as soon as I got home from my adventure at customs, just SEETHING with rage, I turned on the TV and what was the first thing I heard? Your yodeling buddy there murdering the poor defenseless Canadian anthem. Brutal.

LOLOL,, you do know that he was in an episode of TPB's. He was the Park Ranger in the episodes with Sebastian Bach and the Swayze Express

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hmm. Not too many Mexican farm workers made it to Canada?
Because that's how they originally spread around the US, apple orchards in Michigan and Washington state, and so on.
I miss Texas 'cause fast food is Tex-Mex (Taco Bell is an abomination).
Funny thing is I kept running into Canadian exiles (don't make me go back to the dark and snow!!!).

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Hahahaha - it's "hala - pain - yo" - that's the Spanish pronunciation. I thought for sure they were making a joke of it when Ricky pronounces it that way :laugh:

EDIT: Also, the stress is on the "pain" part - Ricky always says "ja LAP pan no"

Okay yeah that's the way I say it too. I thought for a second it was a poutine/garage/Zee vs Zed situation :laugh:

Pictou,, I really do believe Captains favorite and my boy George Canyon is from that area ???

Not sure who Captains favourite is, but yup George Canyon is from there. My parents knew him. Also home of former NJ Devil Colin White. In the summers you can see him cruising around in his Jeep.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
LOLOL,, you do know that he was in an episode of TPB's. He was the Park Ranger in the episodes with Sebastian Bach and the Swayze Express

NO WAY! Are you serious? That was him? At least he has done one good thing in his life :naughty: I seriously nearly died the first time they called Ricky and Julian "Patrick Swayze and Ravine" and I don't even know who Ravine is :laugh:

Reactions: bennysflyers16

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Okay yeah that's the way I say it too. I thought for a second it was a poutine/garage/Zee vs Zed situation :laugh:

Not sure who Captains favourite is, but yup George Canyon is from there. My parents knew him. Also home of former NJ Devil Colin White. In the summers you can see him cruising around in his Jeep.

Cap LOVES Georgie Boy !! My family are neighbors and life long friends with his wifes family. If my mom ever heard some of the things said on here about him by a certain someone, he would be getting the old wooden spoon treatment.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hmm. Not too many Mexican farm workers made it to Canada?
Because that's how they originally spread around the US, apple orchards in Michigan and Washington state, and so on.
I miss Texas 'cause fast food is Tex-Mex (Taco Bell is an abomination).
Funny thing is I kept running into Canadian exiles (don't make me go back to the dark and snow!!!).

Don't even get me started on missing Mexican food. It is 3:30 a.m. and I am ****ing starving.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Cap LOVES Georgie Boy !! My family are neighbors and life long friends with his wifes family. If my mom ever heard some of the things said on here about him by a certain someone, he would be getting the old wooden spoon treatment.

You mean she'd be slapping my side with a wooden spoon the way the Canyons slap the side of a porcelain milk jug when they are making their terrible down-home yodeling "music" at one of their terrible hoedowns? Oh, is this the sort of comment you were talking about and am I the certain someone? Whoops lol. :naughty:

Reactions: bennysflyers16

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You mean she'd be slapping my side with a wooden spoon the way the Canyons slap the side of a porcelain milk jug when they are making their terrible down-home yodeling "music" at one of their terrible hoedowns? Oh, is this the sort of comment you were talking about and am I the certain someone? Whoops lol. :naughty:

Google his version of RhinesStone Cowboy,,,, its GOLD !!!!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Google his version of RhinesStone Cowboy,,,, its GOLD !!!!

You won't believe this, but I did that the first time you yelled at me for disrespecting him lol. It was unsurprisingly terrible. It didn't help that my own mother played the original of that song over and over and over and over and ****ing over again on our old record player at home.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You won't believe this, but I did that the first time you yelled at me for disrespecting him lol. It was unsurprisingly terrible. It didn't help that my own mother played the original of that song over and over and over and over and ****ing over again on our old record player at home.

You will really love this, last time he was here I took my mom as she loves him and it was my B day. While he was up on stage he wished me a happy B day as my mom told his mom in law it was my B day. So WHEN you go to his concert, will see about getting you a shout out !!!

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Pictou area....dated someone from that area...know some from Scottsburn and River John too!

Too cool. My aunt and uncle lived in Pictou about a dozen years ago. We visited for a wedding and went to the Chinese food restaurant (because we were all crustacean'ed out) on the day of the Lobster Parade. Seriously, when isn't it Lobster Parade in Pictou? Anyway, we were hurrying to finish our meal to get out and get a good spot for the parade, when the waitress brought our bill and asked if we would be able to pay right away because they were closing the restaurant down so everyone could go to the parade.

I love small towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad