GDT: #8 | Oilers at FLYERS | Sat. Oct. 21, 1:00 pm ET| NBCSP, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Per Isaac and Meltzer, Simmonds and Leier not practicing. Weal is. Read in Simmonds' place. Sanheim stays in.

Great to see Weal back in there.

Praying Simmer is good to go by tomorrow.

At this point we don't have the depth in reserves to replace any of our important players.

Can't wait to not have this problem in a few years.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If unloaded with a pick, Lehtera would probably have cost the Blues a 2nd or 3rd at best, so the return for Schenn wasn't really two firsts. Flyers could absorb Lehtera and the Blues needed the Cap space to make the trade happen.

I think the trade was more odd than bad though. Hextall was looking forward with the cap situation and maybe overthought it? This is a rebuilding team anyway and I guess Hextall didn't view Schenn as a key piece once he has to pay all the young players.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think the trade was more odd than bad though. Hextall was looking forward with the cap situation and maybe overthought it? This is a rebuilding team anyway and I guess Hextall didn't view Schenn as a key piece once he has to pay all the young players.

I don't see how it's odd when Weal is a better 5 on 5 LW for this team than Schenn was, and Lidnblom will be eventually. PP1 is still scoring goals without Schenn, which is no surprise with G, Ghost, Voracek and Simmonds still on it.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I don't see how it's odd when Weal is a better 5 on 5 LW for this team than Schenn was, and Lidnblom will be eventually. PP1 is still scoring goals without Schenn, which is no surprise with G, Ghost, Voracek and Simmonds still on it.

Not the Schenn version of two seasons ago. Weal was better than a lot more than Schenn 5v5 in his period last year as well.

We'll see how Filppula continues, but Schenn was ideal for that spot. It created a big short term hole and made the team worse short term. That is why it is odd.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers fan dropping by to say I am pumped for the game. You guys are actually fun to watch this year and I feel like the Oilers are in for some goal scoring so I expect a high flying, lot of goal scoring from both teams.
Maybe a fight or two. Either way it should be a good hockey team to watch for both sides.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not the Schenn version of two seasons ago. Weal was better than a lot more than Schenn 5v5 in his period last year as well.

We'll see how Filppula continues, but Schenn was ideal for that spot. It created a big short term hole and made the team worse short term. That is why it is odd.

Flyers had 54 PPG last year, and already have 7 in 7 games this year. The big hole on the PP that was predicted isn't actually there.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
It would be worth it for Manning to taunt or really grief McDavid. He might go nuclear. Could be exciting for both fanbases.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
It would be worth it for Manning to taunt or really grief McDavid. He might go nuclear. Could be exciting for both fanbases.
What if McDavid is an undercover bad ass that no one knows about and just one shot KO’s Manning and steals his soul, then skates away mean mugging every Flyer on his way to the box?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What if McDavid is an undercover bad ass that no one knows about and just one shot KO’s Manning and steals his soul, then skates away mean mugging every Flyer on his way to the box?

It's much more likely that he is an undercover infant who one-sh*ts his diaper and steals formula from the refrigerator before barfing up mashed carrots on his way to daycare.

Reactions: Amorgus and Tripod

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
...and what if Cechmanek shaved that caterpillar between his eyes? We're not living in an elseworld here.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Y'all might see me around your GDT's this season, if you'll have me.

Love my Avs but I'm thinking I'll be watching a lot more Flyers games this season than I usually do.

More often than not watching Avs hockey is like begging to become depressed.
You have big skates to fill as MSE may be the best in all of HF. But I look forward to post. Good Luck:thumbu:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers had 54 PPG last year, and already have 7 in 7 games this year. The big hole on the PP that was predicted isn't actually there.

The sample size is too small to congratulate PP1 for succeeding without Schenn.

PP2 has scored a couple of those.

PP1 has scored one or two off of the rush.

PP1 in it's "set-up" form is what concerns me.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Y'all might see me around your GDT's this season, if you'll have me.

Love my Avs but I'm thinking I'll be watching a lot more Flyers games this season than I usually do.

More often than not watching Avs hockey is like begging to become depressed.

Do you hate the Penguins? You do? Ok, you're in.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Do you hate the Penguins? You do? Ok, you're in.

I do! Even though I'm from NS originally. Last playoffs I can't remember the last time I was so mad watching the Penguins seemingly luck their way to the finals, felt like every break went their way.

But I'll always like Sid, used to hate him but he seems like a really chill down to earth guy. Though I love his and Giroux's hatred for each other.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I do! Even though I'm from NS originally. Last playoffs I can't remember the last time I was so mad watching the Penguins seemingly luck their way to the finals, felt like every break went their way.

But I'll always like Sid, used to hate him but he seems like a really chill down to earth guy. Though I love his and Giroux's hatred for each other.

Well, just try not to make a big deal about that part. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad