Player Discussion #8 - Ben Chiarot: Swing Low, Sweet Chiarot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I was almost completely healed from letting Souray walk for NOTHING! Thanks for bringing him up LOL

He was one of my fav's too...i still talk about him all these yrs later..lol...that was hard when he left.

One of the only Habs to leave town..and get cheered when he returned back .....they never ever boo'd big Sheldon...ashame his isnt around the team today..just like Saku

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He was one of my fav's too....that was hard .

One of the only Habs to leave town..and get cheered when he returned back .....they never ever boo'd big Sheldon...ashame his isnt around the team today..just like Saku
I liked him, but letting him walk was stupid. Remember opponents trying to fight him when he had the cast on his hand? LMAO! He still fought!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I liked him, but letting him walk was stupid. Remember opponents trying to fight him when he had the cast on his hand? LMAO! He still fought!

oh yeah ..lol McCarty from Detroit ate some of that cast..lol

Souray was a crazy dude, when his eyes started goin' crazy, you knew he was about to go off..

The wrist, man he played thru that, i was reading not long ago in an article he got hooked on pain killers over that wrist...and brought him down in life off the ice....He got off them recently ....I'll always have respect for Sheldon as a Hab .

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We got Hamrlik when he was 33 years old btw and he was solid for us for 4 years! But now as soon as you hit 30 you're done apparently...

Reactions: Max2

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
This is how you set yourself up for major disappointment.

I like - read here: LIKE. not love - the signature of Chiarot, but saying that he can turn into a 35-45 points player "quite easy" is ridiculous. He is what he is.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wait til Canuck fans ask us about Jordie Benn.

Ugh ... what do you mean no one asked about him? :sarcasm:

We've got an improvement over Benn -- Chiarot profiles as a no. 5. How much of an improvement? Well, how difficult could it be to be better than Benn?

We'll find out.
Did you read where jets fan said "they had cap issues, but Montreal has gap issues now they have signed Chariot."

I had a chuckle over that. He is pretty witty if nothing else.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
I would’ve preferred Ben Hutton, more mobile and a better first pass but hopefully Chiarot and Petry make a solid second pairing for us.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
They didn’t let Trouba go for nothing

yep i know..Ponik...(who also filed arb today..lol)..

anyways..they let 4 of there big D go...and all the got was Ponik....that's not good..but the price ya pay for hanging on to UFA 's trying to make a playoff run....

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

I like how he win alote of puck battle in front of the net and in the corners

Always appreciate this type of content, many are often opinionated when a seemingly weird acquisition happens. We won't know the fit until Oct/Nov but I really enjoy seeing these type of video backed analysis.

I was getting very tired of seeing the same type of extreme views where it's either a player is horrible or he's amazing. Analyzing this amazing sport comes with appreciating the subtle pieces that make a team have success.

Good post , keep it up :thumbu:.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The 107.7 mph shot, the Jets never used on the POWERPLAY.. Ben Chiarot

In 2016-17 he average 1 second a game on the powerplay
In 2017-18 he avg 2 seconds a game on the powerplay
In 2018-19 he avg 1 second a game on the powerplay..

To highlight this ,

last year in 78 games , (Ben Chiarot) played a grand total of 2 minutes and 7 seconds on the power play....the entire season !

In 2017-18 season he played a grand total of 3+ mins on the power play...the entire season!

Yes, Ben Chiarot has 0 powerplay goals in 305 career games....

I think this will change in Montreal...lol..I would bet money the Habs will give him more than 2 minutes a year on the powerplay!!!!

How accurate is Chiarot’s shot?

Gallagher wants to know. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Did you read where jets fan said "they had cap issues, but Montreal has gap issues now they have signed Chariot."

I had a chuckle over that. He is pretty witty if nothing else.

Yeah, saw that. Reminded me of several Habs posters who display similar wit. We have some elite snipers in here.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Always appreciate this type of content, many are often opinionated when a seemingly weird acquisition happens. We won't know the fit until Oct/Nov but I really enjoy seeing these type of video backed analysis.

I was getting very tired of seeing the same type of extreme views where it's either a player is horrible or he's amazing. Analyzing this amazing sport comes with appreciating the subtle pieces that make a team have success.

Good post , keep it up :thumbu:.

Is this peewee level play? What was he suppose to do? Throw it backhand or even worse, keep possession? Most defensemen will throw it around the boards from the weak side. That’s what they should do.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
We got Hamrlik when he was 33 years old btw and he was solid for us for 4 years! But now as soon as you hit 30 you're done apparently...
These days many fans see a guy aged around 24 as over the hill.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
His best fit will be with Petry, so atm our pairings look like this:

Mete/Kulak - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Mete/Kulak - Juulsen or whoever

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
How accurate is Chiarot’s shot?

Gallagher wants to know. :sarcasm:

You joke but it takes huge balls to stand in front of the net on the PP when Weber is loading up from the point. Aint no one in the NHL that wants that job, even Gallagher goes to the net way less often when Weber shoots it. Tough way to earn a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad