GDT: 8/19/20 - 12:00PM EDT - #7 Columbus vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF Game 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I don't understand either. We smoked them in 5 games a couple years ago with a less talented roster than we have now. I respect Boston but I don't see them as the demon the Columbus or Washington was for us. Hell or even the penguins for that matter.
Boston is better also

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
o
m
g

this guy is unbelievably ... boring

who would get fired up with this @#$ in the locker room???

seriously, they just freaking beat a team and he's blahblabhalbhablblahblablblahb zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz even the guys look bored instead of celebrating

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
o
m
g

seriously, they just freaking beat a team and he's blahblabhalbhablblahblablblahb zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz even the guys look bored instead of celebrating

lol

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I wanna say, seriously, TROTZ fires up his team, Q fires up his team, TORTS (we all know what he does, he doesn't fire them up, he lights a blow torch)

Gallant, Boudreau, Sullivan, Bowness, Viggy... every other coach of the other 30 teams in the NHL could be more inspiring than that... come to think of it, so could my cat

I hate this guy

Reactions: AlmostThere242

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
o
m
g

You're thinking a little too hard on this. We've been as deep as the ECF 3 times with Cooper and the bulk of this team. Winning a 1st round matchup shouldn't warrant going ballistic or Cooper giving a speech that would make General Patton blush. Look at the guys, they're absolutely exhausted. Back in the day when he was our coach, our training camps used to be called camp "Torture-ella" and although none of our guys are gonna say it out loud, that is exactly what happened to them.

I agree the speech is uninspiring as hell but it's probably best that this team left all their emotions on the ice as to stay focused and calm for the next round. There is just way, WAAAAAYYYYYYYY too many years of bad voodoo. We'd walk into locker rooms whooping it up screaming and blasting music and then proceeded to score a collective 4 goals between games 5 and 6 vs CHI and games 6 and 7 vs PIT and WSH. I don't even want to talk about last year.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
You're thinking a little too hard on this.
I'm thinking you pick up Cooper's old gum for him.:laugh:

He sucks. He can't lead THIS TEAM. He'd be great for a team like the Sharks who are known bunch o'hot heads.

The teams he "led" the playoffs, also had YZERMAN behind him... that guy, who knows what it takes to win and it IS NOT with Cooper as the coach. YZERMAN had fire to him - he'd light those guys up. JBB is just like JC - boring zzzzzzzz

Mollycoddling by Cooper is why this team will NEVER win a CUP with Coop as coach. Gum chewing or not and this inside video of him post-game, POST SERIES CLINCH against the team that sent our breezers packing with a blue broom?

makes me hate him even more:ha: #FireCoop circa 2/2017

Reactions: AlmostThere242

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm thinking you pick up Cooper's old gum for him.:laugh:

He sucks. He can't lead THIS TEAM. He'd be great for a team like the Sharks who are known bunch o'hot heads.

The teams he "led" the playoffs, also had YZERMAN behind him... that guy, who knows what it takes to win and it IS NOT with Cooper as the coach. YZERMAN had fire to him - he'd light those guys up. JBB is just like JC - boring zzzzzzzz

Mollycoddling by Cooper is why this team will NEVER win a CUP with Coop as coach. Gum chewing or not and this inside video of him post-game, POST SERIES CLINCH against the team that sent our breezers packing with a blue broom?

makes me hate him even more:ha: #FireCoop circa 2/2017

You guys know that crazy Columbus troll from the mains who makes no sense? Yeah, this is our counterpart.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I don’t know I have to agree that speech was pretty lame. Guys looked out of it. Hell even if we win the cup this year I’d like to see a change of head coaches. The guys been here forever and sometimes it’s time for change. Especially when you got guys like Gallont and Laviollete as options.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
So...do we all agree Bruins is a better matchup than the Islanders?
Yes. NY is Cbus but actually good. Though the series wasn't much of a challenge, they played us very hard and the matchup is god awful.

NYI would destroy us.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Can we pause the fire Cooper debate for as long as we are in the playoffs at least? We just won the series with 4-1, let's focus on the next round and the playoffs and then afterwards we can discuss who should stay or leave. The playoffs is the best time of the year and we are lucky to get to experience it in a year such as this. Let's enjoy it while it lasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad