GDT: 8/19/20 - 12:00PM EDT - #7 Columbus vs #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF Game 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
What a come back win. What a horrible game. Up 2-0...down 4-2...win 5-4 in OT?

SCHIZO. And that's about spot on for this team. They lack consistency...unless you call being inconsistent consistently lol.

We exercised those demons. Gonna need to play a lot better to beat Boston.

Go Bolts. You surprised me...thank you.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
So everyone is assuming those teams Philly and Isles, will win like it is a foregone conclusion I guess. OK I think I get it more. Thanks.

Well, if the Capitals come back, then we'll face them instead...unless Montréal comes back as well. If the Habs win their series, we'll face them and the Isles-Caps winner will face Boston. But you will have to forgive me if I'm not expecting a de facto #12 seed to come back against the Flyers.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I was a couple of hours behind watching the game. That was probably a worse performance than Game 2, but we got the win, and it's good to get a few you don't deserve.

Vasy's still struggling with rebounds, IMO, mightily, but the reflexes are back.

Coleman finally breaks through. He looked good for most of the series, so that trade might not look terrible if he keeps this up.

Hopefully this opens up the floodgates for Cirelli.

Brayden Point feels like a legendary player in the making. He thrives under pressure like only handful of players I've ever seen.

NOTE: I just looked it up, between 2017 and now, Point leads the NHL in game winning goals in the regular season.

Braden Point and Cirelli are our two future centers. Period.

Now, let's get ready to protect Point because Fight Night is coming at us fast with the Bosgoons.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I guess Boston it is, Them not having Rask should make this a little easier task. But Team also needs to play a lot more disciplined hockey moving forward.

They are still only a 2 line team. If our 3rd and 4th lines show up again like they did in this series, they will have to goon it up. Boston has two things going for it:

1. Chew/Spit/Kiss Marchand to draw a cheap penalty (Wes McAuley's girlfriend)
2. We get over confident.

I doubt we'll get #2 after last year, so someone is going to have to adjust someone's Chiclets to cure #1 (ahem, paging Mr. Maroon)

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coleman talking about the penalties and the 2nd period:

"Hockey's such an emotional game. Obviously the penalties were pretty one sided, but for the most part that's on us. I think we were getting a little too caught up in it. A little bit of frustration was boiling over. Just a little reminder that that's not something in our control and we just have to focus on making some plays and not being so tight and caught up in that stuff. It's a waste of energy."

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Can't remember who it was but some lovely soul claimed that only someone under 25 would think that last year's sweep was a historic choke job.
Partially right. Definitely the "lovely soul" part, but the original claim, not made by said lovely soul, was that it was one of the biggest upsets in the history of sports. They may have even claimed that it was the biggest, but I can't remember. In any event, again, said lovely soul felt that was a bit of an overreach. Things descended from there. Suffice it to say, a discussion I'm sure no one involved wishes to relitigate.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Not gunna lie, went to bed at the start of OT, figured it would be another 5 OT and it was already 5am and had classes at 9...

Might watch the last OT period later at lunch.

Reactions: Peacefool

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This thread turned lame quick.
Well if you were privileged to have Age PLUS watching a lot of sports, you too maybe able to understand the over 25 brain. But who are we kidding? None of us can fathom having that much knowledge. Like Highlander, there can only be one. And it better not be Juan.

Reactions: Steazy Doo

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
It is, and I'm glad he did it, but I would have hoped it would be a Point or a Hedman, one of the core group. Apparently though, Shatty is that guy. Good thing we're getting it from somewhere, we know it isn't coming from the top.
It's better tha nothing to have a leader like Shatty :)
Of course Kuch or someone else could be better but it's ok also him.
I hope to watch him again next year. This kind of players are really important, and rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad