Post-Game Talk: #8 - 10/21/18 | flames @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Skjei's game has regressed since his rookie year. There's nothing there that can't be replaced

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll give the Rangers this - they're still less annoying than that 2015-16 team that was like -300 in scoring chances at the same point in the season.

If we started selling then, the rebuild might be over by now :(

Reactions: TheTakedown

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not saying much when he’s out best

He literally has to beat out a couple traffic cones, Smith, and Shatty

We're a team with 2nd and 3rd pairing defenseman--2nd, 3rd and 4th line forwards. Some of them are being asked to be 1st pairing D and 1st line forwards. Skjei ain't the only one being asked to play above the level of where he's really at. On a really good (not a great) team Zibanejad's a 2C and Kreider's a 2LW. We might have a couple guys hit 50 points this year--maybe a D who hits 35 or 40. Those are very low numbers for very good teams. They get exposed sometimes by other teams who have legit 1st liners and 1st pairing D.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’m legitimately curious at what Dubas was looking at

Zucc as a rental maybe? But it seems real early to be doing that

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Come now, you have to admit he looked good this evening.

Buch is starting to become a complimentary player in my mind. Potentially a very good one but still complimentary and right now, the team is looking too much like a complimentary hotel buffet and fruit bar for Buch to achieve much as a complimentary player.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It sucks more than anything that there isn't anything else to get into while the Rangers are doing their rebuild.

Dark times in NY sports.

At least the Giants, Jets, and Knicks have Barkley, Darnold, and Porzingis. I'll feel much better if the Rangers can get a player of that ilk for all their losing.

Reactions: Dijock94

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Sucks to keep losing, though.

Even if that's for the best, there's nothing that's going to make me enjoy it.

Buch is starting to become a complimentary player in my mind. Potentially a very good one but still complimentary and right now, the team is looking too much like a complimentary hotel buffet and fruit bar for Buch to achieve much as a complimentary player.
Both fair comments.

But neither detract from what I thought was a very good effort by a rebuilding team against one that, if they can get consistent goaltending, should have home ice advantage in round one of the playoffs.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Team played pretty well overall, but they couldn't capitalize on their chances. The Flames were able to cash in on the Rangers mistakes.

This just isn't a very talented team. Our best forwards are 2nd liners on good teams and our best defensemen are 2nd pairing guys on good teams.

Can’t wait to see what they do as the lads mature and/or join the league!

Reactions: egelband

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I’m legitimately curious at what Dubas was looking at

Zucc as a rental maybe? But it seems real early to be doing that

There was an interesting rumor about a week ago coming from a Swedish hockey expert about Nylander for Zucc talks.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
It sucks more than anything that there isn't anything else to get into while the Rangers are doing their rebuild.

Dark times in NY sports.

At least the Giants, Jets, and Knicks have Barkley, Darnold, and Porzingis. I'll feel much better if the Rangers can get a player of that ilk for all their losing.
You can start working out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad