Post-Game Talk: #8 - 10/21/18 | flames @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Team played pretty well overall, but they couldn't capitalize on their chances. The Flames were able to cash in on the Rangers mistakes.

This just isn't a very talented team. Our best forwards are 2nd liners on good teams and our best defensemen are 2nd pairing guys on good teams.
Amen. Perfectly said

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
It's not that concept I have trouble with.

It's the concept that the same front office who took them to bottom 3 are going to successfully build it back up.
They've given us no reason not to have faith in them so far.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Zibanejad and Buchnevich all came back from their lifeless performance in the beginning of the season.
Chytil looked really good in this game, maybe his best this season.
The effort was there, can't ask for more at this point.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Team played pretty well overall, but they couldn't capitalize on their chances. The Flames were able to cash in on the Rangers mistakes.

This just isn't a very talented team. Our best forwards are 2nd liners on good teams and our best defensemen are 2nd pairing guys on good teams.

Actually, Kreider is a legitimate 1st liner (but not elite) and Zibanejad is probably a bottom tier 1C. There’s just no depth among the forwards and the defense is an eyesore.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Brady didn’t throw a single punch... all he really did was take a penalty and give up a breakaway.

But also where was his d partner on that?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The team is playing hard. IMO they carried the play more than Calgary. Rittich was outstanding and the Rangers have issues finishing.

I like that they're working hard. It's a good habit to have even when you're not a very good team. Up until that suicide pass from Skjei to Zuccarello the Rangers were going full out to get another goal. That's a big difference from last year--down 2 goals late in games last year the team would have been sleepwalking the last 10 minutes.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Zibanejad and Buchnevich all came back from their lifeless performance in the beginning of the season.
Chytil looked really good in this game, maybe his best this season.
The effort was there, can't ask for more at this point.

He may actually be held back by Hayes and Zuccarello right now. Give me aChytil/Howden/Buchnevich line.

Reactions: Fvital92

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

It's the concept that the same front office who took them to bottom 3 are going to successfully build it back up.

They took them to bottom 3 through strategic moves. Last year with Quinn and no injuries this team is a playoff team. Hell, hey might be a playoff team WITH AV if there were no injuries. I'm not sure how you're ignoring that they're bottom 3 because Gorton made trades to sell off our older talent on purpose. Also, you were complaining last year that we didn't keep that team together and just get rid of AV because they'd be good. So which is it then?

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
I've been a Rangers fan for a quarter century.

I have to be given a damn good reason to have faith, not the other way around.

You can disagree, by all means, but I think you should understand where I'm coming from.
Understand where you are coming from,but like you said-doesnt mean i have to agree with it

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They took them to bottom 3 through strategic moves. Last year with Quinn and no injuries this team is a playoff team. Hell, hey might be a playoff team WITH AV if there were no injuries. I'm not sure how you're ignoring that they're bottom 3 because Gorton made trades to sell off our older talent on purpose. Also, you were complaining last year that we didn't keep that team together and just get rid of AV because they'd be good. So which is it then?

I would have liked to fire the coach before dismantling the team, sure.

But I'm also disappointed in how a lot of guys have looked without AV, Buchnevich being chief among them.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

RXiA.gif

Reactions: shinchanuuhh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad