Pre-Game Talk: 8:08 PM - ECQF GAME 2 - Whalercanes vs BRUINS - GDT will be posted later on Thusrday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Good to see some love for Nordstrom. In the first period alone it felt like he had already blocked a half dozen shots.

Let's hope Brindamour asks more questions on how to coach and how the NHL works

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm on the Nordstrom hype train as well. Guy id a beast in the playoffs. Underrated signing by Sweenius.
It's funny many of us (I'm guilty of it too) complain about him in the regular season, but forget about how unreal he was last playoffs too. The guy simply shows up to play when the games matter which is something you can't put a price on.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I hope Cassidy has eaten his breakfast and already informed Ritchie hes sitting today. His particular set of skills isnt up to par against this fast skilled team. Its okay. He did some decent things but hes outworked on the boards. And the goal yesterday was on him. Get Kuhlman in. Id rather Stud but put him in. That 3rd line needs it.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I hope Cassidy has eaten his breakfast and already informed Ritchie hes sitting today. His particular set of skills isnt up to par against this fast skilled team. Its okay. He did some decent things but hes outworked on the boards. And the goal yesterday was on him. Get Kuhlman in. Id rather Stud but put him in. That 3rd line needs it.
I'd put Frederic in for Ritchie. Brings the same physicality with some better skating. But most likely they keep Nick in.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
The only two things that I think they would consider but I’m probably wrong but here it goes

Rask or Halak
Do they insert Clifton( unlikely ) but who knows

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
Some Bruins history:

1971 playoffs, Bruins win Game 1, 3-1, with Cheevers in goal. Game 2, with Eddie Johnston in goal, Bruins blow 5-1 lead, lose 7-5. Cheevers plays the rest of the series but Bruins lose. In 7 games. To Montreal.

Just something to think about.
We have a Vezina Trophy finalist available, personally I say let’s give him the net if he feels ready to go. Let’s not over think this.....

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Enough with freaking Kuhlman. I'd rather Ritchie in if the alternative is Kuhlman.

At least Kuhlman is fast. Ritchie cant keep up. If hes not hitting, hes a plug. At LEAST have him park his ass right in front of the net. He should take cues from Coyle. He plays the big game. Nick was out matched last game.

Reactions: BMC

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
At least Kuhlman is fast. Ritchie cant keep up. If hes not hitting, hes a plug. At LEAST have him park his ass right in front of the net. He should take cues from Coyle. He plays the big game. Nick was out matched last game.
Yeah Ritchie was poor yesterday, I don't think anyone would argue that.

But Kuhlman doesn't belong in the top 9. It was a nice story last year, but he's not a guy they should be inserting unless there's an injury.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Kuhlman might be quick, but he’s got the hands of a double amputee. Guess who’s also pretty quick? Zac Rinaldo.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have no doubt it will be Tuukka - unless that broken finger is really an issue. As mentioned, he is a Vezina candidate who has had little practice before being plunged into the playoffs. He needs to play.

Reactions: BMC and lopey

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
And he's had 17 NHL games to his credit. Zero points, and -5.

Not sure how that would warrant insertion into the lineup in a playoff game.

Probably doesn't, but we have no idea how he's looked during practices. I guess he could get a look if the coaching staff feels like Frederic can bring the same thing from a physical standpoint that Ritchie can (which I think he could). I personally don't see Frederic getting a look unless there are a few injuries or Ritchie plays worse (even then I'd think Bjork slides to LW and Stud/Khulman goes to RW), but crazy things have happened. I wouldn't hate Frederic in over Ritchie, but its well documented that I'm not the biggest fan of Ritchie...although I did predict him to score tonight :naughty:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Kuhlman might be quick, but he’s got the hands of a double amputee. Guess who’s also pretty quick? Zac Rinaldo.
I was so pleased when Zac was gone. Is he even playing in the NHL ?? or did he get suspended forever .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA