Post-Game Talk: 8:00 PM - 2023 NHL DRAFT LOTTERY - ESPN, SN, TVAS

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Chicago needs to be relevant for hockey. They definitely made the balls bounce a certain way here like they did with Pittsburgh and Crosby.

Unlike Pittsburgh, Bedard is now in the West and can have a rivalry with McDavid, a la Crosby and Ovechkin.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Screw Chicago and their horrible owners. They shouldn't be rewarded after what they did, allowing a sexual predator to molest a young kid. Just brutal, plus the obvious tank job to get them to this moment. Just brutal.

It's just been announced that Chicago is getting the next fifteen winter classics.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
This is such a bad look for the league

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
Stop, its not rigged, Arizona would have gotten it
How do you figure? I know this was a down year for the Coyotes after their 7 year cup dynasty.

They’ve sucked for decades and never got the first pick.

Babajingo

Easily predictable. Big market team, on the outs, 2 stars of the past gone Toews & Kane.. no chance NHL letting their potential biggest star go to Columbus or Anaheim. Sorry folks, call me a conspiracy theorist but dollars matter. I called this months ago
Doesn't help when they don't show the actual picks. No idea why they don't. Hmm

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Easily predictable. Big market team, on the outs, 2 stars of the past gone Toews & Kane.. no chance NHL letting their potential biggest star go to Columbus or Anaheim. Sorry folks, call me a conspiracy theorist but dollars matter. I called this months ago
This is crazy.

It would be nothing but BENEFICIAL for the league and its growth if Bedard had gone to Arizona or Anaheim. A big star in the small market gets new eyes on the game.

I’m with you on being disappointed that it’s the Blackhawks though. I’ve lost all my respect for the current iteration of that franchise after decades of them being my #2.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This is crazy.

It would be nothing but BENEFICIAL for the league and its growth if Bedard had gone to Arizona or Anaheim. A big star in the small market gets new eyes on the game.

I’m with you on being disappointed that it’s the Blackhawks though. I’ve lost all my respect for the current iteration of that franchise after decades of them being my #2.
I think they see McDavid in Edmonton and understand it’s an issue having your top marketing star on the west coast (frozen tundra) and nobody east of Idaho gets to watch him play but once a year when he’s visiting.

Imagine McDavid on the Rangers, Devils, Bruins, Flyers etc.. I felt there was zero chance Bedard was going to SJ Anaheim Columbus Arizona. They needed him in a big market. Chicago made too much sense, especially considering Toews & Kane situations.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I think they see McDavid in Edmonton and understand it’s an issue having your top marketing star on the west coast (frozen tundra) and nobody east of Idaho gets to watch him play but once a year when he’s visiting.

Imagine McDavid on the Rangers, Devils, Bruins, Flyers etc.. I felt there was zero chance Bedard was going to SJ Anaheim Columbus Arizona. They needed him in a big market. Chicago made too much sense, especially considering Toews & Kane situations.
Also have to take into consideration the new TV deal. Having this kid with an O6 franchise, especially the #3 DMA in the US, is about as ideal as it gets.

Blackhawks/deserve - whatever. This will probably be the best the league could hope for.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad