Post-Game Talk: 8:00 PM - 2023 NHL DRAFT LOTTERY - ESPN, SN, TVAS

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Its weird seeing teams reactions to losing out on Bedard. The consolation prize is Matvei Michkov, easily the best Russian prospect since Ovie.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
The list of assigned digits is released by the NHL in advance

Bettman was annoyed that the ball that was 13 took a long time to pop up.

Nobody in that room can leave until Bill Daly makes the live announcement and that includes Lord Bettman.

Chicago was in full tank mode but still wound up as the #3 seed

But they won 4 games in the last month with an AHL roster

View attachment 705210

They crippled Calgary on the road April 4th but on April 11th they beat Pittsburgh soundly as the visiting team.

Pittsburgh wins that game the Sunrise Kitties DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Wow. And if the Pens sneak in, we demolish them in 4 or 5 games tops. Damn.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Nobody in that room can leave until Bill Daly makes the live announcement and that includes Lord Bettman.

View attachment 705210

They crippled Calgary on the road April 4th but on April 11th they beat Pittsburgh soundly as the visiting team.

I always wanted another reason to loathe Pittsburgh

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
They have Bedard, 7 percent of all 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 3 years and 71 million in cap space 2 years from now. Dats some bulllllshit.
That is how you rebuild, generational talent in this draft and all kinds of cap space to either take on new contracts of established players from cap strapped teams (cough Boston cough) or more picks for salary dumps. In five years Hawks may be winning multiple Cups in a small window again.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
That is how you rebuild, generational talent in this draft and all kinds of cap space to either take on new contracts of established players from cap strapped teams (cough Boston cough) or more picks for salary dumps. In five years Hawks may be winning multiple Cups in a small window again.
“Generational talent”. Not available every draft. Maybe Bedard’s cousin in 2026 is next, he’s getting hyped up.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
“Generational talent”. Not available every draft. Maybe Bedard’s cousin in 2026 is next, he’s getting hyped up.

I was like "Connor Bedard's cousin?" What?

I went and looked him up.

Just turned 15 this past Christmas.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The draft lottery is just a smoke screen to allow the league to place the #1 overall player where they want. Change my mind.

The funny thing is the NHL is probably so dumb that they would rig the lottery and put him in Chicago instead of LA

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Unbelievably envious of Blackhawks fans, as all Bruins fans should be. They won three cups and actually capitalized on their window, then fully committed to a rebuild and now arguably have the brightest future of any team in hockey. Boston needs to go the same route, but sadly they are years late at this point and the future is grim to put it lightly.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

View attachment 705210

Correction. If Pittsburgh wins EITHER ONE of their last 2 games (against Chicago OR Columbus), the Kitties don't make the playoffs.

The fact that they couldn't beat 1 of the 2 worst teams in the league at home.....tells you all you need to know about the trajectory of the Pittsburgh Penguins..

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
They have Bedard, 7 percent of all 1st and 2nd round picks for the next 3 years and 71 million in cap space 2 years from now. Dats some bulllllshit.
I think Chicago takes a legitimate run at Matthews at the end of next season. They've got the draft ammo to either trade for him at the deadline, and/or the cap room to sign him long term next summer. Matthews and Bedard on the same team would be wicked.

I'm not sold on the whole "Matthews back to Arizona" bullshit. He got the f*** out of that state as soon as he could when he was a junior, and I don't see him going back....at least not until he turns 50.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad