Post-Game Talk: 8-0-1 - Canucks def. Kraken - 5-2 (Podkolzin, Hoglander, Motte, Garland, Pearson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
As usual a W is needed, dropping even one point showed how we're still pretty far from competing for the playoffs. Can't drop games against lesser teams.

Reactions: Indiana

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Tonight should be interesting. How does the team respond after their first non-win under the Bruce regime?
Hoping for a new win streak, even if it winds up s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g out over a period of time. Still hoping they can play Jan 5 & 8 at half capacity, if they're healthy.

GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
How much is Tarasenko worth at 50% retained though ($3.75m over 2 years)? Probably more than it costs to trade for Vince Dunn... I can't give them a pass for that, especially when he was saying all summer he was good to go.

Agreed with VanJack though, they made moves that a small market team would make, which is puzzling when you've just laid down $600m to join the league. I know joining the NHL was just an excuse to renovate Climate Pledge Arena for the eventual return of the NBA, but you still have to ice a competitive team. They will not get the 'shiny new toy' pass next year for ticket sales.

Yeah the Kraken are just the bait to get the NBA there. Hope we can steal a potential PNW nba team instead of them

I still expect the Kraken to be good in 2 years. Cap space, allure of new teams, and potential top 5 picks in the next 2 drafts should net them a competitive team in 2 years. Let see how Francis navigates the next 6 months

I don't remember how much the Blues were willing to retain on Tarasenko, but if they were doing 50% retained that's an obvious trade unless they were asking for a 1st+ which they might have

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I'm pumped for the game, but I am most excited to see if the young lady who pointed out the cancerous mole on the neck the Canucks staff member gets recognized. I really hope she gets a standing ovation if she's in attendance.
Its a new year with a fresh start and clean slate, I'm excited to see if this new look team can push for a spot in the playoffs. Also intrigued to see if Pettersson can take the bull by the horns and lead this team again on the scoresheet.

Overall I'm in good spirits and I'm looking forward to this, Go Canucks!!!

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
Since hardly anyone can attend at Rogers, why not head to Seattle and make it a home game?

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I didn't understand why Seattle opted to go into the season with 10 mil of cap space, while simultaneously not taking on bad contracts for picks and prospects.

If the plan is contend, why not spend to the cap? If the plan is to build up to something greater, why not stockpile assets? I didn't understand why they didn't commit to a strategy.

I thought they'd be a lot better than this and I still think the club is a lot better than their record. However, after seeing the run we just did and how we're still 7th in the pacific, it demonstrates what Seattle would have to do to get out of the basement this season and it seems impossible.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I know there are many who criticize TNT’s PBP & Panel, but I for one have been enjoying the banter amongst the Panel. I can see they’re trying to develop chemistry with each other to make up for individual weaknesses.

I think it’s great to try something like this for the NHL and am hoping they succeed. Having Gretzky and Bissionnette on the same desk is a win, as Paul drags interesting anecdotes out of everyone and gets them laughing at themselves and each other. Who really wants to watch a bunch of dour people taking themselves too seriously.

Aside from Bieksa & Burke, we tend to have pretty vanilla personalities on our broadcasts, so I welcome the brave attempts for something else.

ps. Hope you’re feeling better soon @BWJM & @Bruce Boudbro

Reactions: Indiana and BWJM

digger1188

Oct 13, 2020
I didn't understand why Seattle opted to go into the season with 10 mil of cap space, while simultaneously not taking on bad contracts for picks and prospects.

If the plan is contend, why not spend to the cap? If the plan is to build up to something greater, why not stockpile assets? I didn't understand why they didn't commit to a strategy.

I thought they'd be a lot better than this and I still think the club is a lot better than their record. However, after seeing the run we just did and how we're still 7th in the pacific, it demonstrates what Seattle would have to do to get out of the basement this season and it seems impossible.
Honestly they shouldn’t be contending like Vegas did. Look what all the other expansion teams went through. It’s as it should be.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Since hardly anyone can attend at Rogers, why not head to Seattle and make it a home game?

Yeah, cuz crossing the border is no big deal these days.

My wife and I are both sick damn it, but we are 5 days in, and pretty sure its just a cold. but had to cancel seeing my daughter, and our trip to stay downtown in Van, and our NY eve plans.

Can't see 2022 being worse. (I sure as hell hope I don't have to eat those words).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad