GDT: 7PM ET: Philadelphia Flyers at YOUR NEW JERSEEEYYYYY DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
I haven't seen this "Get mad" gif. Anyone have it?

coaches.gif

There you go!

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Just woke up and read about the game, again Clarkson is the clutch guy, scores and gives so much credit to someone else in the interviews, this time Larsson. That guy is so awesome. I might get a Clarkie jersey.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think I've heard Steve use the term ''Sealed off'' as often as I have in the last 2 weeks. Almost every time he says sealed off it's Larsson sealing off. That to me is a pretty big deal!:handclap:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just woke up and read about the game, again Clarkson is the clutch guy, scores and gives so much credit to someone else in the interviews, this time Larsson. That guy is so awesome. I might get a Clarkie jersey.

Larsson deserved the credit. It was a great deflection by Clarkson, but that goal doesn't happen with out Larsson's excellent play.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Tonight was ****ing awesome. Got to sit in a suite at center ice. Got to meet Sergei Brylin and Lou during intermission and I met Chico after the game. Oh and a hockey game was played and the Devils beat the Flyers (again!).

<------ Very jealous right now.

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but Kovy is a point away from 800

He's marching toward the milestone too, just like Patty. I hope he breaks through against the Isles, preferably with a goal.

I don't think I've heard Steve use the term ''Sealed off'' as often as I have in the last 2 weeks. Almost every time he says sealed off it's Larsson sealing off. That to me is a pretty big deal!:handclap:

It's the best way to describe what Larsson does to opposing forwards coming in on the rush. He just seals them up and rides them to the boards. I've always appreciated great defence as much as slick scoring, and plays like that are amazing to watch.

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
Watching msg+ replay now. What's with the numb nuts flyers fan in the crowd standing up everytime the puck goes into the zone. Attention who're 101?

Glad he spent money to get on tv and see his team lose.

Haha I was looking at the Flyers boards before and he was referred to as the "fat Flyers fan with the Hartnell-like hair."

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Larsson deserved the credit. It was a great deflection by Clarkson, but that goal doesn't happen with out Larsson's excellent play.

I'm sure he deserves it. But Clarkie is always the guy who is quick to mention others in interviews, toning down his own achievements and I really like that. It's one of the things I like with hockey culture.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm sure he deserves it. But Clarkie is always the guy who is quick to mention others in interviews, toning down his own achievements and I really like that. It's one of the things I like with hockey culture.

This is why I said as funny as it sounds that Clarkie is a great leader. He, and Kovy have so much class. I loved Kovy's post game interview with Deb. He kept crediting the fans, and he's just very kind it seems. It really makes you understand where he was coming from with his comments to his fans in Russia when he had to leave the KHL to come back here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is why I said as funny as it sounds that Clarkie is a great leader. He, and Kovy have so much class. I loved Kovy's post game interview with Deb. He kept crediting the fans, and he's just very kind it seems. It really makes you understand where he was coming from with his comments to his fans in Russia when he had to leave the KHL to come back here.

Kovy really does have class, but I definitely think he really meant it too. The crowd sounded excellent tonight, and the players are definitely noticing it. There is just a lot of class and good things going on with this organization right now. Even if Booker doesn't like how the Huskster plows the streets. :laugh:

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
Imagine how much scoring we'd get out of a Kovy-Henrique-Clarky line. Only problem is that there would be guys out of position on the second line and it would disrupt the chemistry between Kovy & Zajac as well as between Clarky & Elias.

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
Thanks to those that pointed out the "mad" gif :)

Question - why is the CBGB line called that? Carter-Bernier-Gionta...what's the extra G about?
We want to roll 4 lines effectively so we can tone down the top lines TOI (Kovy especially) exploit match ups and just grind teams to dust.
I think Devils fans need to come to grips with the fact that DeBoer will *never* cut down on Kovy's ice time. I just don't see it happening, regardless of how the roster changes.

It's my one and only gripe with PDB. I really wish Kovy wasn't going longer than 22 minutes per game during the regular season. Increase it in the playoffs sure, but not the regular season.

But PDB will play Kovy 24+ minutes a game whether it be rain, sleet or snow. That 30 minute game in regulation time a few days ago was insane. Hell this year his average is 26 per game - 26!!!! :amazed: I know Kovy is a freak of nature but come on, that's just too much :(

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Thanks to those that pointed out the "mad" gif :)

Question - why is the CBGB line called that? Carter-Bernier-Gionta...what's the extra G about(

the extra G stands for "G"abba gabba hey! :yo:

there is no extra G in CBGB //// you asking about a B?

go ask pat sajak for a letter then.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's Carter, Bernier, Gionta's brother. Devils radio color commentator Sherry Ross coined it.

It's in reference to the old music venue in New York City, CBGB's. Which stood for Country,Bluegrass,Blues. Despite that not being the music that the venue become noted for. It was Punk music that it was noted for, but owner Hilly Kristal intended for it to be a venue for contry, bluegrass, and blues.

A little history lesson haha.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
Don't know if this was posted but Giroux said this after the game: Flyers captain Claude Giroux, who had two assists. "It's a hard rink to play in. We got a 3-1 lead, we have to find a way to get it done. We have to learn from this."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/gameflash/2013/02/15/30581_recap.html#ixzz2L2hzyF2p

No fans :sarcasm:

Probably just talking about the terrible ice and sabotaged glass stanchions.:sarcasm:

But seriously, it's nice to hear the Rock getting a reputation as a tougher venue to play at for road teams.

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
the extra G stands for "G"abba gabba hey! :yo:

there is no extra G in CBGB //// you asking about a B?

go ask pat sajak for a letter then.
Um yeah, sorry, obviously meant the extra B not the extra G :innocent:
It's Carter, Bernier, Gionta's brother. Devils radio color commentator Sherry Ross coined it.

It's in reference to the old music venue in New York City, CBGB's. Which stood for Country,Bluegrass,Blues. Despite that not being the music that the venue become noted for. It was Punk music that it was noted for, but owner Hilly Kristal intended for it to be a venue for contry, bluegrass, and blues.

A little history lesson haha.
Carter-Bernier-Gionta's Brother eh? I guess it works cause it's catchy. Thanks for the info :)

Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
Don't know if this was posted but Giroux said this after the game: Flyers captain Claude Giroux, who had two assists. "It's a hard rink to play in. We got a 3-1 lead, we have to find a way to get it done. We have to learn from this."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/gameflash/2013/02/15/30581_recap.html#ixzz2L2hzyF2p

No fans :sarcasm:

Awesome read from earlier:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324196204578300142108759134.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

"It's really turned around big-time," said forward David Clarkson, the team's leading scorer. "I don't know, maybe they missed it. I thought last year we had an unbelievable fan base throughout the playoffs, but this is the regular season, and they're coming every night. It's great."

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

devs have been consistant attendance in the 15,700 area forever. (not bad in terms of percentage) ....now "we" have fans that can afford to go see a younger franchise of 30 years old. its great and i hope to come down to the rock this season and enjoy a game with the fellow fans once again.

(but this may be a discussion for another time..........i digress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad