GDT: 7PM ET: Philadelphia Flyers at YOUR NEW JERSEEEYYYYY DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Napalm-Zajac-Kovy worked

Im sure Poni can work on that line. He may not be the ideal #1 line guy but he is better then Matteau or Butler. Already paying dividends for our 1st line.

I've said all along Matteau was stinking that line up for the most part. He scored a goal, and assisted on Kovy the other night in Pittsburgh. He was not gelling with them for the most part, and against Carolina it really showed. He missed a bunch of passes in the offensive zone, he fired his passes past Kovy.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wayyyy better than Matteau. I like the guy, but he's not first line material right now. I usually wouldn't say Poni is either, but he's got some experience with Kovy. Those two dominated Philly a bunch in the playoffs.

i6jeB0ck6EtGG.gif

Look at those bros, they will set each other up a TON!!!

Semak

I've said all along Matteau was stinking that line up for the most part. He scored a goal, and assisted on Kovy the other night in Pittsburgh. He was not gelling with them for the most part, and against Carolina it really showed. He missed a bunch of passes in the offensive zone, he fired his passes past Kovy.

I think he can work with Gio and RC if no other players come in or until Zubrus gets back. He and Barch can rotate depending on the opponent. We'll see what PDB is thinking with tomorrow's line up.

crazyray

Feb 15, 2013
been lurking here for 3 years, after win tonight decided it was time to register...

i really need to see matteau-josefson-butler as the 3rd line, CBGB has been outplayed 5 on 5 on many many shifts this year...

i'm all for barch playing in these "rivalry" type games but knowing we gotta roll 4 lines come playoffs, i wan't to see what we can do pre trade in a game line the one coming up against the sens....

and as everyone has stated, Larsson is living up to the #4 pick

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
"Some nights I think hockey is too easy for Kovalchuk." Love when I hear good things about this team and the players.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
CBGB having a lot of trouble in the defensive zone this season.

But, they come to play every shift, got to love them.

Semak

been lurking here for 3 years, after win tonight decided it was time to register...

i really need to see matteau-josefson-butler as the 3rd line, CBGB has been outplayed 5 on 5 on many many shifts this year...

i'm all for barch playing in these "rivalry" type games but knowing we gotta roll 4 lines come playoffs, i wan't to see what we can do pre trade in a game line the one coming up against the sens....

and as everyone has stated, Larsson is living up to the #4 pick

Thanks for joining. Welcome to the boards:handclap:

Agree, but I like Bernie-JJ-BB.

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
I noticed a few people talking about how CGB has been "out possessed" by other teams and I think I agree with it. It seems like most of their offense comes on breakouts and they rarely ever set up offense in the opposition's zone. The closest they come to that is chasing the puck and winning a board battle in deep, and then centering to whoever is crashing the net. And Gio seemed to have his worst game of the year. But I still like that line. They're pretty good on defense, and they play physical and with a lot of energy. If we good acquire another forward they would make a great 4th line.

yehyeh

Devils. Devils? Yeah, Devils.
Dec 17, 2011
NNJ
Wow. To echo anyone posting, I'm really happy the Poni express paid off immediately. Lars looked perfect tonight! It was because of him we had 2 of those goals. Really setting **** up.

Couldn't believe Marty tonight.

What a comeback! Glad I was sitting with Flyers fans during this victory. That's why we're tied second/third position in the league.

Flyers played a tight game we were just able to see through their errors, which were bountiful.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think he can work with Gio and RC if no other players come in or until Zubrus gets back. He and Barch can rotate depending on the opponent. We'll see what PDB is thinking with tomorrow's line up.

I think we might have to wait for Ottawa Monday. I can see him using Barch tomorrow since we have our buddy Boulton likely dressing over on the Island. Though I think there's a good chance Barch could be scratched for Matteau on Monday.

And that GIF. Wow! It's like a scene out of a movie where two goofy buddies look at each other!:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
CBGB is clearly playing above its weight class as the third line...yet they still manage to make a positive impact more often than not.

crazyray

Feb 15, 2013
I noticed a few people talking about how CGB has been "out possessed" by other teams and I think I agree with it. It seems like most of their offense comes on breakouts and they rarely ever set up offense in the opposition's zone. The closest they come to that is chasing the puck and winning a board battle in deep, and then centering to whoever is crashing the net. And Gio seemed to have his worst game of the year. But I still like that line. They're pretty good on defense, and they play physical and with a lot of energy. If we good acquire another forward they would make a great 4th line.

what made them so good is that they constantly outclassed the other teams 4th line...

i heard someone say the other day "in the NHL in 2013... you need 4 lines to win"
guess the rest of the league is catching up :laugh: :nod:

really i'd love to see some combination of loktinov and butler, a playmaker and a sniper both trying to climb the NHL ladder... but with our surplus even with zubs out right now, don't know if we're gonna ever see that

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
CBGB is clearly playing above its weight class as the third line...yet they still manage to make a positive impact more often than not.

They have had a very positive impact, and have found ways to contribute in lots of ways. Rather them be the 4th line ya, but I think guys are being hard on them. They have not been THAT bad. I mean ya tonight they were, but there have been other nights where they were a big reason we won. Take the good with the bad, but its HF even after a win someone has to be put in the dog house. :rolleyes:

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
WTF? He gave up 3 goals tonight, and ended the night with like an 893 save percentage. Those stats would suggest he was below average tonight!:sarcasm:

It wasn't his best night. But it could've been a lot more than three goals. Our D allowed quite a few odd man rushes and left the front of the net wide open quite a few times and Marty (as well as Larsson :) ) really helped prevent a few extra goals.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
CBGB has enough spunk that you can throw them out against scoring lines for a few shifts a night and they'll excel due to their ability to cause turnovers. But if they take regular shifts against scorning lines they get exposed.

I love them to death and think they're one of the most ballin' 4th lines the NHL has seen in forever, but let's not forget the reason they are on the 4th line. It's because they're not legitimate top forwards. If they were good enough to be consistent 3rd liners, that's where they would be.

That being said, they've done a hell of a job. I've never seen a group of players with so little do so much. I couldn't be more proud of them and the way they represent this team. But we need to keep perspective when evaluating them. They just aren't terribly good players, and there's nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can score 20 goals.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It wasn't his best night. But it could've been a lot more than three goals. Our D allowed quite a few odd man rushes and left the front of the net wide open quite a few times and Marty (as well as Larsson :) ) really helped prevent a few extra goals.

Haha I was being funny. I was mimicking something a poster continuously says ragging on Marty's save percentage. He really had no chance on any of them. The Knuble one was long, but point blank in the slot. He almost gave up that goal to Foster though that went off the post. It was double deflected, and the big orange cone wouldn't have even gotten credit for it haha.

Marty has been significantly better to start this year than last. His rebound control has been a lot better though he will let out a few bad ones from time to time like the other night against Carolina. His even strength save percentage is way up from 10 games into last season. As is his save percentage overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad