GDT: @7pm EST the Bruins v Blue Jackets

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
All I am going to say is if a Thrashers type outcome does unfold in tonights game we will see how much the players are tight as a team and ready to back each other.
This will be a sign what this team is made of on and off the ice.
I am hoping that we will see a closed knit group that will stand up for one another if all hell breaks loose.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
hopefully vancouver giants still hungry lucic comes to play and not fat and happy $6m a year lucic.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I saw a Fluto tweet earlier today that said Svedberg is starting tonight. This was either before or during the morning skate so I don't think anybody came off the ice yet. Has anybody seen any updates on who may start? I automatically assumed Tuukka would go.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I saw a Fluto tweet earlier today that said Svedberg is starting tonight. This was either before or during the morning skate so I don't think anybody came off the ice yet. Has anybody seen any updates on who may start? I automatically assumed Tuukka would go.

Rask played the last few and had a rough one last game. Sved's been great and I think it would be a good call giving him the start. If Sved's playing really well I say use him more.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
2 more points boys, let's keep finding our groove, big few games ahead.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Rask played the last few and had a rough one last game. Sved's been great and I think it would be a good call giving him the start. If Sved's playing really well I say use him more.

I'm all for giving Rask more rest. Svedberg has been good and apparently he shut CBJ out (although I have no recollection of it...must be getting old).

gvkmedia

20th Captain in franchise history.
Mar 2, 2002
Oshawa.
www.hollandbloorview.ca
obviously they are going to run with Svedberg for a bit and make sure it is the system that gives us great goaltending - not the goalie. Once that is apparent - bye bye Rask and hello Taylor Hall....

:sarcasm:

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
The only thing this GDT should have is a pic of Lucic and a pic of Prout. People may think I'm overstating it but this is a watershed moment in this season for Lucic and the Bruins. After what happened last time if Lucic doesn't go right after Prout and doesn't at least get his licks in in a draw, this team's season, IMHO, is toast. If he loses to Prout, the same. If he goes off on Prout and wins, and the team feeds off it and wins the game, that could go a long way to turning their fortunes around. It won't be easy though, Prout is a tough tough kid, he won't back down from anyone. They've fought to a draw once before, but Lucic needs to be the fired-up, angry fighter we know he can be from his Komisarek-pounding days. If he gets there for this fight, he should be fine.

Oh, and needless to say, if nothing happens, a la Montreal/handshake threats, then the Bruins should start tanking and even consider dealing Lucic. I have never been on that train that's off the tracks right now regarding trading him, but if this fight doesn't happen, then you have to really consider swapping him.

This will be our Thrashers / stars game. Lucic is going to hammer Prout leading to fight night. Bruins turn the corner tonight.

@GlobeFluto: Milan Lucic: "Still not happy about it. But definitely don't want to do anything stupid where you put your team or self in jeopardy."

Don't really like the sound of that, it comes off as he's moved passed it to the point where nothing will happen. I hope I'm wrong. The Bruins and Lucic both need something to happen tonight.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
@GlobeFluto: Milan Lucic: "Still not happy about it. But definitely don't want to do anything stupid where you put your team or self in jeopardy."

Don't really like the sound of that, it comes off as he's moved passed it to the point where nothing will happen. I hope I'm wrong. The Bruins and Lucic both need something to happen tonight.

Just means he's not going to instigate or jump him. He will ask, Prout will oblige willingly.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Funny, I told my parrot, who was chirping "Tuukka, Tuukka" this morning, that Tuukka would be starting. This was before I heard that Bobo was out with a stomach bug. I wonder if Svedberg starting is a reaction to this, or if it's just to give Tuukka a rest and allow him to play the more important and more challenging divisional games (Detroit and Toronto) coming this week.

I'm not impressed with Bobo's backup - at least, statistically speaking. He's 1-6-1 against some pretty weak opposition save Nashville - although, ironically, against Nashville he made 40 saves on 42 shots and still lost. (Sounds like what's been happening to us last month.)

No cannons tonight, pls.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
Just means he's not going to instigate or jump him. He will ask, Prout will oblige willingly.

"Excuse me sir, but, reflecting on our earlier row (on the previous expedition between our two sporting clubs), I feel I must inquire: Would you be interested in an exchange of 'fisticuffs'?"

"Perhaps. I shall have to consult my secretary. Here is my card. You may call upon me at your earliest opportunity"
:laugh:

I suspect such a fight is more likely to happen than not, but I'm not going to lose sleep if it does not happen. If it does happen, I hope I'm watching to enjoy the fireworks.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Is your parrot a Leafs fan?

No, it was a happy chirping. It's actually not his name so much as a natural noise she makes that happens to sound like "Tuukka". She does it whenever she gets happy or excited - usually when I'm making food in the kitchen. She can come close to saying something that sounds like "hi" that sometimes morphs into a "Paille", too. But the funniest thing is when she gets really annoyed, she flashes her eyes, shakes her head "no", and says "Bourque!"

The vet tells me she is kind of a porky bird though...so maybe she is a fan of Kessel.

I'd love to see Looch get into a fight tonight...that's the spark that the team needs.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up that Lucifer does something exciting, he didn't do **** to Dale Weise and he isn't going to go out there on some mission to get Prout.

Guarantee it.

Hope I'm wrong.

Dunno but 'Lucic' got autocorrected to 'Lucifer'

different situation different story different player.

i'm not saying he will go after him, but i also think Prout will be looking for it as well, as opposed to hiding like someone else....

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bruins could be in trouble since a back-up goalie is in. They usually make back-ups look like Vezina Trophy candidates.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

oblige nothing- Lucic should never make eye contact with him, and if he says anything just tell him to **** off. He should tell his linemates don't hesitate to shoot the puck in his side of the ice all night- and he should bury him and if Prout wants to fight after a body check, Lucic needs to fight like someone snatched his baby- crazy, crazy, crazy....

now, I'm not sure if Boll is playing but if he screws this up for me and goes after Lucic first I will be pissed- this is where we need another enforcer

maybe Matt Fraser can sacrifice himself to Boll so that Lucic can go with Prout.

I hate, hate, hate asking for a fight. Fights should be spontaneous and fueled by being wronged. I seen pissed off woman who I would put up against Mike Tyson in his prime. If you aren't fighting from anger just forget it.

if they square off and start doing an equipment strip tease I am going to be irritated beyond reproach

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
oblige nothing- Lucic should never make eye contact with him, and if he says anything just tell him to **** off. He should tell his linemates don't hesitate to shoot the puck in his side of the ice all night- and he should bury him and if Prout wants to fight after a body check, Lucic needs to fight like someone snatched his baby- crazy, crazy, crazy....

now, I'm not sure if Boll is playing but if he screws this up for me and goes after Lucic first I will be pissed- this is where we need another enforcer

maybe Matt Fraser can sacrifice himself to Boll so that Lucic can go with Prout.

I hate, hate, hate asking for a fight. Fights should be spontaneous and fueled by being wronged. I seen pissed off woman who I would put up against Mike Tyson in his prime. If you aren't fighting from anger just forget it.

if they square off and start doing an equipment strip tease I am going to be irritated beyond reproach

I'd love to see him Mike Brown him, but he won't... Hope they line up on the opening face off. Will be epic.

Chara will go with Boll after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad