OT: 79th Obsequious Banter Thread: Gotta have Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I really liked the Mandalorian Ahsoka episode, but seeing Dave Filoni with a Pens' hat in the Behind the Scenes is very disappointing. f*** the pens

This is why you DO NOT WATCH BEHIND THE SCENES FEATURES. The other reason is that seeing how things are put together makes it harder for you to suspend your disbelief when watching.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Look at this:

Oodles_Vinyl_Art_Toys_91aee7f5-642b-4602-91d7-a212dfb95ffa.JPG

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
@JojoTheWhale: Is there any easy way to check the functionality of things like processors and video cards? Trying to figure out if the old components I have should go in the "recycle" or "donate" bins.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
i invested in Bitcoin a couple weeks ago and am happy about how what ive made so far. I really wish i would have invested years ago when I first heard about it. Seeing it hit 30k+ today was awesome.

I plan on investing more when it drops again.

Reactions: Sombastate

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Home protection project #1: we are having a deluge of rain, as is common in our area in the winter months. We noticed that out deck, which sits above our tandem garage (cars back to back instead of side by side), was leaking into the back half of the garage. The previous owners had turned the back half of the garage into a workshop where he modified and restored boat engines. It's a pretty awesome space that I quite haven't decided what to do with.

We know we are going to have to resurface the deck in the Spring, but just have to put up with it for now... so, in the meantime, we have modified a tarp with couple of wood/cardboard funnels to keep the deck free of water in the leaky area. :laugh:

We'll reassess the set up if it cools enough to snow again...

Last edited:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
^^this.... its the type of thing you could wake up to, and read it folded overnite likr so many tech startups do.

While I'm also a sceptic, because I am by nature. This has been around for 11 years now, and is getting more and more worthwhile. Unlike, for example, Nikola which was all talk.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I don’t trust bitcoin. Nothing backs it other than people thinking it’s worth anything. At least money originally had gold backing it.
Made by spergs, traded by spergs and criminals. I think it was a safe bet and I wish I didn't mock it back in the day. It may not last forever but some form of cryptocurrency is here to stay.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"Tampopo" 1985 - a "noodle western" about two truck drivers (and assorted others) who try to help a single mom figure out the perfect ramen to make her small restaurant a hit. It might sound like an exaggeration, but this is a mix of Renoir, Truffaut, Leone and the Marx Brothers. I'm pretty sure it's a masterpiece. And it's hilarious. Just awesome, except that now I am f***ing starving.

Reactions: Rebels57

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
"Tampopo" 1985 - a "noodle western" about two truck drivers (and assorted others) who try to help a single mom figure out the perfect ramen to make her small restaurant a hit. It might sound like an exaggeration, but this is a mix of Renoir, Truffaut, Leone and the Marx Brothers. I'm pretty sure it's a masterpiece. And it's hilarious. Just awesome, except that now I am f***ing starving.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I need a free image editing program for the iPhone. My go to, ProKnockout crashes at launch now for some reason. It needs to be able to cut out parts of an image and superimpose, and most importantly, be free.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker watching Mindhunter after I saw you mention it. Someone else mentioned it to me too. For whatever reason I always thought it was something different until I read the description.
Oh, that's great. How are you liking it so far?

And did you previously think it was like that show "Psych" or "The Mentalist"? Because I recommended it to someone else and that's what they said they thought it was. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad