OT: 79th Obsequious Banter Thread: Gotta have Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This is about where I gave up too. I've tried several times to give it another whack, and I just can't get back into it.

First few seasons where great, though.

I'll give you a recap: it's exactly the same, going around in circles with new or different characters subbing in in different spots. It was a chore to get through the last ones, which I did today.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He didn't make a suggestion - just reminded me it came out. Oh, and not for nothing, but you have the taste of a three-year-old in a 12-year-old's body.
11904031.jpg

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Any photographers here?

Trying to decide what to do since I broke my telephoto. It was a cheap 18 year-old one, so not worth repairing. I currently have a (1st gen?) Canon Eos Digital Rebel and an Elan 7E. Lenses are interchangeable except I can't use my macro on the 35mm as a macro because it's made specifically for the crop-sensor digital. Given the age of the Rebel, I'm debating replacing it with either a used 7D or 5D. The 5D is a full-frame while the 7D is a crop-sensor. I'm leaning towards the 7D because it's cheaper and I primarily use telephoto for wildlife, so it gets a benefit of effectively extending the zoom of the telephoto lenses, with the secondary benefit that it can use my existing macro, which I would need to replace if I went with the 5D (apparently it's not just the focal length that's an issue, the lens is entirely incompatible). Anyone have any thoughts?

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Anyone have any Flyers or other podcasts they like? I am a listener of:

Flyers: NEED!

Eagles: Eagle Eye Podcast (favorite podcast ever) or the Eagles Brawl Team

Roma: RomaPress, IFTV

Other Soccer: Scuffed Podcast (great for US Soccer), Men In Blazers (love those guys)

NHL: 1. HockeyCentral Podcast (its a radio show I believe on SN in Canada, but its really good) 2. Spittin Chiclets, pretty funny, I like the interviews mainly. 3. 31 Thoughts Podcast

Comedy: Theo Von This Past Weekend, but usually I'll listen to it randomly or when I want to laugh, not each week

Comedywise, I've been listening to the Bad Friends podcast exclusively the last few weeks. It's Bobby Lee and Andrew Santino and it's f***ing incredible. The funniest pod I've listened to by far. A bit on the raunchy side if that's not your thing, but if it is, go listen immediately.

Another good comedy one is Boogie Monster with Kyle Kinane and Dave Stone. Both comedians but they pick a cryptid or conspiracy to talk about each week and go from there. Think aliens, Bigfoot, skinwalker ranch, etc.

I enjoy Puck Soup with Dave Wyshynski, Sean Mcindoe (Down Goes Brown) & Ryan Lambert. It’s a good mix of Hockey talk, Pop culture and Hockey Game show.

Missing’ Curfew is much like Spittin Chicklets, with Scottie Upshall, Shane O’Brien, Jimmy Hayes and Kevin Connolly. It’s usually pretty funny. A lot of locker room talk.

31 Thoughts with Elliotte Friedman & Jeff Marek is my favourite though.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Last edited:
Reactions: usahockey22flyers

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm getting sick of seeing "This video is currently unavailable" every time I try to watch a foreign film on Prime.

I watched "Mank" this morning and completely understand the lukewarm reaction it got. It wasn't good. Really weird to watch a David Fincher film that was this far off-base, but I saw that his father, who passed away in 2003, wrote the screenplay, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a kind of homage or pet project, etc. Either way, he dropped the ball pretty badly.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I recently invested in BitCoin and I know sweet dick all about it. In fact, I know less today than when I invested.

I consider myself a moderately intelligent human, and I am just absolutely in the weeds.
A month or two ago probably would have been a better time, but better late than never, I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad