GDT: #79: Rangers at FLYERS, Mar. 31, 2019, 12:30 p.m. ET

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I Prefer a strong Hart game over a .5% better shot at winning the lottery

Not always just the lottery babe. You never know when the drop off of talent is and I'd rather be on the good side if possible. There is nothing wrong with wanting a 1-0 loss on a fluke goal that was all Haggs fault, where Hart makes 50 saves.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
At this point I'm all for moving up in the draft. With the standings so tight, every loss could mean a better and better player to stuff in the cupboard.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
What if we missed out on Farabee because we picked one or two spots later?

Or even Giroux? Or Couturier?

Every spot matters, especially when the games don’t anymore.

There is always the opposite where you hope Sanguinetti falls to you, but goes 1 spot earlier so you reluctantly take Giroux lol.

But, I prefer to be on the other side I guess.

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Told you it takes 7 years for a complete rebuild, this is year 5 (thank Holmgren for not seeing the writing on the wall after the 2011-12 playoffs and wasting two years trying to squeeze into the playoffs with dreck).
You can see the talent arriving and the talent on the way.

It has never been about coaching, it's been about trying to compete with 4 (5 before they traded Schenn) forwards, no anchor on defense and shaky goalies. Better coaching will help, but what will really help is talent depth to the extent that there are real battles in TC every year for the 4th line and 3rd pair defense, and if a starter falters/is injured, there's a quality substitute waiting for an opportunity to shine.

The reason we've had to watch a long list of scrubs (which is why I never got uptight about scrubs, since the guys behind them were also scrubs) is Holmgren stripped the farm system and blew out the cap - hard to get talent when you can't buy it and you haven't developed it. This started in 2011-12 and got worse as all those veterans Holmgren tried to patch with aged out of the NHL.

The shame is Holmgren had put together a solid core through the Richards/Carter trades, then blew it.
2011-12: Giroux (24), Simmonds (23), Voracek (22), Couts (19), JVR (22), Schenn (20), Carle (27), Coburn (26), Bob (23)
2013-14: Giroux (26), Simmonds (25), Voracek (24), Couts (21), Schenn (22), Coburn (28)
2018-19: Couts (26), TK (21), Lindblom (22), Patrick (20), Sanheim (22), Provorov (22), Ghost (25), Myers (22), Morin (23), Hart (20)

You we're pronouncing the end of the rebuild last summer :laugh:

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
I think the new scouting team needs all the help it can get, not so confident in getting those diamonds in the middle of the round anymore..

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Theyd probably have bottomed out and possibly ended up with McDavid or Matthews to be honest lol
Not with our luck we wouldn’t. :laugh:

Now that I think about it, if we don’t have Giroux, we probably don’t trade Richards or Carter, which also means no Couts or Schenn, which means no Frost and Farabee either. And then obviously a lack of Giroux changes up all our draft spots too, so who the hell knows how this team looks. :laugh:

For all we know, drafting Giroux has had a butterfly effect that cost us a cup!

f***ing piece of shit Giroux...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not with our luck we wouldn’t. :laugh:

Now that I think about it, if we don’t have Giroux, we probably don’t trade Richards or Carter, which also means no Couts or Schenn, which means no Frost and Farabee either. And then obviously a lack of Giroux changes up all our draft spots too, so who the hell knows how this team looks. :laugh:

For all we know, drafting Giroux has had a butterfly effect that cost us a cup!

****ing piece of **** Giroux...

Oh and the Rangers probably win the Cup at least once between 2012-2014 if they take Giroux.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I think the new scouting team needs all the help it can get, not so confident in getting those diamonds in the middle of the round anymore..
Is there a new scouting team? Have they already made changes to the scouting staff? I hadn’t seen that.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is there a new scouting team? Have they already made changes to the scouting staff? I hadn’t seen that.

They haven't mentioned anything. The only change is that moron Blech Blah now collaborates with Fletcher on the final say regarding who they draft, instead of Chris Pryor.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
They haven't mentioned anything. The only change is that moron Blech Blah is now collaborates with Fletcher on the final say regarding who they draft, instead of Chris Pryor.
So same scouts reporting to new team instead of hextall and Pryor. Good enough, we’ll see what comes of it.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad