GDT: #79 | Bruins 3 at FLYERS 4 (OT) | Sun., Apr. 1, 2018, 12:30 pm ET | NBC, TVAS

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Look for the Flyers to be a very different team from last night, with three days between games and playing at sea level.

This is usually a Hakstok Special - come out of a long-ish break unready to play, despite the extra time to prepare. It has happened enough times that one would have to be unspeakably daft not to expect it.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
This is usually a Hakstok Special - come out of a long-ish break unready to play, despite the extra time to prepare. It has happened enough times that one would have to be unspeakably daft not to expect it.

Isn't Hakstok Special same as coming out of any break unready to play? Break like an intermission. Or commercials.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
You mean McAvoy does not get benched for the last 5 minutes in the 3rd period?

It’s almost like they totally think he’s Ivan Provorov with the way he gets key minutes at such a young age and stuff you guys

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
The comparison is with Provorov, who gets more minutes.
Sanheim simply isn't comparable to either of these players.
And wasn't 21 year old Lindblom put on the Flyers 2nd line, along with 19 year old Patrick?
And 21 year old Konecny on the Flyer's 1st line.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Reactions: hatcher

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
In this last 14 games Neuvirth is 7-2-2 with three no-decisions, but those games have been spread over a four month period.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Seems we rush our goalies back from recovery way too fast. This is the third time one of our goalies was injured the game they returned after not playing due to injury. Two times for Neuvy and once for Elliott. Isn't Stolarz back? I know he's on the permanently banished to the AHL list by Hak bc he has raw, tangible talent but I mean I'd like to see him play rather than ballerina Mrazek.

Reactions: Freddy The Fog

Freddy The Fog

Don't live in the fast lane. Live on the off ramp
Aug 3, 2005
Michal Neuvirth = made of glass. I really hope he can play (much as I don't want him on the club next year). Almost anyone is better than Mrazek.

This team is slightly better than average. If half of our OT losses were wins we'd be tied for first. We're close. We were one decent goalie and one 20- 25 goal scorer from really competing this year.

I think we win this one 3-2

Last edited:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Lets go Sens,

Game will be free on NHL Center ice for those who have comcast and I'm almost certain Fios use same channels for NHL CI and MLB EI , not sure if i'll watch sens or Fla feed

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sanheim is directly comparable to McAvoy. He's the Flyers' No. 3 defenseman, with none of the others even in the same conversation as him. They're around the same draft slot with Sanheim being 2 years older. The Bruins have a loaded roster with huge expectations and they slapped McAvoy right into the lineup and give him huge minutes even after having heart surgery. The Flyers' defense has been a dumpster fire for years and Sanheim spent 90 games longer in the AHL learning how to play like Andy MacDonald or something.

Oskar Lindblom was the best forward in a league comparable to the AHL last year and easily one of the 5 best forwards in camp and he spent months in the minors.

Konecny gets benched in games where he's the No. 1 star.

Shayne Gostisbehere is having a Norris-worthy season and he doesn't hit the ice late in tie games.

If you suggest the Bruins' approach is remotely similar to the Flyers' you're just being intellectually dishonest.

McAvoy only got slapped in because they had to play him last year in the playoffs due to injuries, he played well and won a job.
He's simply a better player than Sanheim right now, the comparison isn't apt at all, once you get to the NHL, performance, not draft slot, is all that counts.

Most of the Boston rookies were older players: Heinen (22), Kuraly (25), Grzelcyk (24), Donato (22 on April 9) just recalled, Czarnki (25), 2nd year
The younger players were mostly 1st rd picks: Pastrnak #25, DeBrusk #14, McAvoy #14, Carlo #37
That's the same pattern you see everywhere, top picks come up faster, later picks tend to spend 1-2 years or more in the AHL (and/or 3-4 years in college).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad