Prospect Info: 78th overall Marcus Hogberg (G) from Linkoping

Herping Derps*

Glad we took a flyer on a goalie.
There are enough forward and D prospects.
If he pans out, he'll be right in time for when Andy moves on.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
weak glove hand. Lets see how he develops but right now I dont like the glove hand part of his game.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i'm a big fan of drafting 1 goalie a year. Sign college guys to fill ahl/echl depth if no-one's ready, but a steady stream of goalie prospects is critical to ensure we never become a goalie graveyard again.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Imagine this duo in the future. Lehner as our starter and hodberg as our backup. What do you guys think about that. It could happen in the future.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like it. Can develop over the next 4-5 years in Sweden. Seems like the Swedes are the current kings of developing netminders.

Seems like there are always teams out there who need a netminder.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Interesting to note that 21 goalies were drafted and the #2 and #3 ranked european goalies aren't in there.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
If the sens aren't going to spend to the cap, elite goaltending is how we're going to get our cup.

I'm fine with throwing pick after pick at this position.

EK SixtyFive

Jan 24, 2012
Did anyone see him in the pre-competition game against Canada today? Canada was shutout, not sure if that's any indication of how well Hogberg played!

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Did anyone see him in the pre-competition game against Canada today? Canada was shutout, not sure if that's any indication of how well Hogberg played!

Never really got tested. Obviously a shutout is always a good sign though, should be interesting to watch him throughout the tourney.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, Canada looked like garbage this morning. No match for the talent on Sweden's roster.

Kid does seem to position himself very well. Solid, quiet. Definitely in control of his crease.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
He played a pretty sound game although didn't get tested too much. I would say he has a similar style to Jonas Enroth but wayyy bigger. He's already as big as Lehner.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Bump

Can any Linkoping fans comment on how he's been doing. i see his stats and other than his stats in Mora they seem to be good stats (again i dont know much about Swedish Hockey).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad