Prospect Info: 78th overall Marcus Hogberg (G) from Linkoping

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So how is Hogberg doing?

Are the Sens going to sign him before June 1st, 2017?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Hogberg called up.

I think this is merely to backup tonight and to ensure Andy doesn't play. I dont think this is an injury to Anderson

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hogberg called up.

I think this is merely to backup tonight and to ensure Andy doesn't play. I dont think this is an injury to Anderson

Weird... when do teams ever call somebody up to ensure the starter can get a day off?

Reactions: topshelf15

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
After Just 28 career AHL games, sure why not start him vs the Stanley Cup Champs, in the second game of a back to back ............ what could go wrong?

He's also got around 100 starts in a similar level league (SHL).

Vasilevskiy played 37 career AHL games, but had his first start long before reaching that total. Andersen only had around 50 career starts in the AHL before getting NHL starts, Lundqvist never played a game in the AHL.

It's a bit different when looking at goalies trained in Europe, they might need time to adapt to the rink size and style of play, but a specific number of AHL games before giving them an NHL start is just plain nonsense. If you want to argue he's not ready, fine, but do so based on his level of play, not by looking up a box score and stopping at games played of all things...

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
After Just 28 career AHL games, sure why not start him vs the Stanley Cup Champs, in the second game of a back to back ............ what could go wrong?

In any case, if it is Mckenna or Hogberg starting... What could go right?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Interesting...maybe he isn't sick and was injured against the Devils.

Speedy recovery but would be good for The Hog to get a game in the NHL just for the experience.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Interesting...maybe he isn't sick and was injured against the Devils.

Speedy recovery but would be good for The Hog to get a game in the NHL just for the experience.

It was later tweeted out that day as an upper body injury. I don't get why they don't just say what it is. Clearly if its a concussion , he needs to clear the protocol. It could have been nausea due to a concussion earlier I suppose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad