OT: 78th Obsequious Banter Thread: Parlez-vous Français?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Conspiracy theorist unite!
But seriously can anyone explain this to me? On released footage of the Tennessee Christmas RV bombing explosion the RV is parked with the passenger side of the RV curbside, but in the body cam footage of the cops walking the street to evacuate people the RV is parked with the driver side being curbside.
I haven’t heard anything mentioning the RV moved after parking.
View attachment 380882 View attachment 380883

That's easily explained by cameras flipping their view, which is common for some reason I don't understand.

As is pretty much always the case there is no conspiracy.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
That's easily explained by cameras flipping their view, which is common for some reason I don't understand.

As is pretty much always the case there is no conspiracy.
No the RV isn’t facing the wrong way in the video it’s flipped around physically. If you take a picture of your car parked on the curb, the driver side will be on the same side no matter what angle you take the picture.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Maybe it's just me, but it looks like the driver's side is against the curb in both photos. The first picture is obvious, the second looks like it's from the back of the RV to me.

Reactions: Defect

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No the RV isn’t facing the wrong way in the video it’s flipped around physically. If you take a picture of your car parked on the curb, the driver side will be on the same side no matter what angle you take the picture.

I don't think that's the front of the RV. The Thor Chateaus came with a slim window up top in the front that isn't present there. It looks like the rear view again. It just doesn't match the profile from the front in general. There should be a windshield and a window above it; there's a single window in the rear.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I don't think that's the front of the RV. The Thor Chateaus came with a slim window up top in the front that isn't present there. It looks like the rear view again. It just doesn't match the profile from the front in general. There should be a windshield and a window above it; there's a single window in the rear.
There is no window above the windshield
472410C0-2D99-43D0-9C11-8F7DE0960E13.png

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
There also aren't mirrors or front grate from that view.
I think I see mirrors, and there is a sign obscuring the “front” of the RV.

This is the body cam footage and the cars on the street are different. No conspiracy there, it’s a different time frame, but we can’t use them to orient the RV.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think I see mirrors, and there is a sign obscuring the “front” of the RV.

This is the body cam footage and the cars on the street are different. No conspiracy there, it’s a different time frame, but we can’t use them to orient the RV.

I remember when people played this kind of nitpicking game with Sandy Hook, and then once a cohesive timeline was available for everything all the nitpicking utterly collapsed. That's going to happen here, too. It's what always happens.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Latin was way cooler than Spanish, but my Spanish has been way more useful.

In that I can sort of vaguely get the gist of things being said at me, and then I can grunt and groan in response before running away in shame.
It did help me a ton with English in general and on my SAT's I'll give it that

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Conspiracy theories: baseless attempts to project control over the uncontrollable. It's a niche type of denial.

In reality, bad shit happens. There are shitty people that do shitty things and there are shitty diseases unleashed through shitty coincidences.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I’d say breaking bad fell off before it ended. It’s been a while so I can’t recall when. Maybe when they brought on Meth Damon?
Haven't watched it in a while, but I'm pretty sure I liked every season. Even the "filler" episodes weren't bad, imo. They made an entire episode about a fly and it still wasn't boring.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Haven't watched it in a while, but I'm pretty sure I liked every season. Even the "filler" episodes weren't bad, imo. They made an entire episode about a fly and it still wasn't boring.
I don’t think I said bad, but it definitely fell off a bit.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Beyond the actual guy who I guess accomplished his personal goal(s) who actually benefits from some whack job blowing himself up in Nashville on Christmas Eve? Shit barely lasted that long in the news cycle once it came to realization he didn’t actually kill anybody (other than himself of course).

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I still have not been able to find season 5 of Better Call Saul. Seems I watched season 4 a couple years ago at least. I no longer have cable and just stream.
Yeah, season 4 was in 2018 I think. I haven't seen the current season either so far. Also haven't watched the second season of the Mandalorian yet. Probably going to watch that next, but I'm confident Disney will find a way to disappoint me again.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Yeah, season 4 was in 2018 I think. I haven't seen the current season either so far. Also haven't watched the second season of the Mandalorian yet. Probably going to watch that next, but I'm confident Disney will find a way to disappoint me again.
Were you disappointed by Mandalorian season 1?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, I guess they should. I like a good TV show and I realize that it offers storytelling opportunities a movie wouldn't, but I can't always find the motivation or the commitment to watch an entire season. And then there's always the danger of a TV show that doesn't know when it should have ended. How many are there that are great from start to finish? The Wire, Breaking Bad. Anything else?

I'l get back to you with a list of some of my favorites that I felt stayed great through to the end.

Reactions: LorneMalvo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad