GDT: #78 ⋅ STL @ ANA ⋅ 5:00 PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hopefully they continue to roll the kids PP unit out first and more in the final 4 games, they have the last 2 PP goals….although that goal was right after the PP expired, but same difference really.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I was ready to give up after it got to 5-3, but I'm glad I kept watching. It was a fun one.

Screw Binnington, though.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
You guys are awesome. Had everything I wanted to say covered by page 3. Goodbye Stroke, Cam, Gibby. Hm for Silf, Groulx, Ross, and Meyers. Hopefully they haven't already rubbed off on Terry. It's ok Verbeek, we'll find someone to handle the ceremonial faceoff duties. Zegs is a center. The future is bright as long as we have the courage to leave the past behind.

Is this worth a watch? I missed it due to reasons that are complex and myriad.
Most definitely.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
You guys are awesome. Had everything I wanted to say covered by page 3. Goodbye Stroke, Cam, Gibby. Hm for Silf, Groulx, Ross, and Meyers. Hopefully they haven't already rubbed off on Terry. It's ok Verbeek, we'll find someone to handle the ceremonial faceoff duties. Zegs is a center. The future is bright as long as we have the courage to leave the past behind.

Most definitely.
Untitled.png

I f***ing hate Bally's!!!!

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Puppies grow up into full grown pains in the ass.

At least cats have the decency to not bug the shit out of you most of the time.
Toy breeds never grow up. They are puppies forever and ever.

f*** cats. All of them can go straight to hell.

Reactions: JAHV

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
No idea. I missed the booth talk, but CapFriendly shows Colangelo's still unsigned.. Anyone else recall why the booth was talking about Colangelo?
In the intermission they had a graphic of prospects the Ducks have signed recently. They had Konnor Smith on there too, so apparently they included AHL PTOs as Ducks signings.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It'll be interesting to see what the Ducks do with Fowler. I can definitely see him moving this offseason despite what some think. I think he'll have value to a contender that needs a veteran D, and he isn't a great fit here

Unfortunately we are stuck with Strome and Gibby all of next season

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It'll be interesting to see what the Ducks do with Fowler. I can definitely see him moving this offseason despite what some think. I think he'll have value to a contender that needs a veteran D, and he isn't a great fit here

Unfortunately we are stuck with Strome and Gibby all of next season
I think you have to see what you can do on all 3 fronts.

Worst case maybe strome plays 4th liner. Gibson and Fowler need to be moved tho.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I think you have to see what you can do on all 3 fronts.

Worst case maybe strome plays 4th liner. Gibson and Fowler need to be moved tho.

I think Strome is going to be here for a bit, PV brought him in, and with better players you've seen his ability to produce. I'm not so sure on Gibson being moveable, but I think its up to Fowler if he wants to move. I think all 3 will be Ducks entering next season.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Zegras was 1/8 on faceoffs tonight. Yikes.

Definitely needs to get better at faceoffs or just let one of his wingers (Strome) take 'em. Regardless, 100% a center.

Z creates more chances for in some shifts than the rest of the team (sans Carlsson) does the entire game.

3 Stars

1 - Carlsson
2 - Vatrano
3 - Thomas

Gus got robbed!

Could roll three offensive lines with 1a, 1b, and 1C. Youth duos in orange. We technically don't need a fourth line. ha!

Cutter - Carlsson - Strome
Killorn - Z - Terry
Vatrano - Mac - Colangelo

I kinda like Killer with Carlsson. Cutter would perhaps benefit more from someone like Z, whom desperately needs a sniper. This version of Terry could do with easier matchups:

Killer - Carlsson - ???
Cutter - Z - ???
??? - McTavish - Terry

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Definitely needs to get better at faceoffs or just let one of his wingers (Strome) take 'em. Regardless, 100% a center.

Z creates more chances for in some shifts than the rest of the team (sans Carlsson) does the entire game.

Gus got robbed!

I kinda like Killer with Carlsson. Cutter would perhaps benefit more from someone like Z, whom desperately needs a sniper. This version of Terry could do with easier matchups:

Killer - Carlsson - ???
Cutter - Z - ???
??? - McTavish - Terry

I just feel like terry and zegras don’t feed off each other well(maybe just this year cause of terrys game falling off)

Reactions: anezthes

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think Strome is going to be here for a bit, PV brought him in, and with better players you've seen his ability to produce. I'm not so sure on Gibson being moveable, but I think its up to Fowler if he wants to move. I think all 3 will be Ducks entering next season.

I agree about strome….

I think there is a strong possibility gibson is gone at draft, he prob wants a reset and a shot at being a starter somewhere and I think dostal takes over next year.

Fowler hopefully asks for a trade if that’s the case, with how zellweger Mintyukov lacombe and Vaaks looking like nhl players we need the right type of vet d around them…. A guy that can kill penalties and play a little defense while complimenting 1 of those guys games.

I’d hate to end up losing Vaaks or lacombe to keep fowler till end of his contract

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

Gus got robbed!

Killer - Carlsson - ???
Cutter - Z - ???
??? - McTavish - Terry

The left wing option for Mac and Terry is likely Vatrano or Lundestrom, probably depends on if Colangelo signs and is ready for the NHL. IF Colangelo is ready, he could fit on either RW, probably with Carlsson with Strom on 2nd to give each line 2 kids and a vet. Otherwise, Lundestrom with Mac and Terry for some added defense/speed (and hopefully a guy that can do the dirty work for the other two), Vatrano with Carlsson on his off wing (puts a shooter on each line) with Strome with Zegras.

Killorn-Carlsson-Colangelo
Cutter-Z-Strome
Vatrano-Mac-Terry
Or
Killorn-Carlsson-Vatrano
Cutter-Z-Strome
Lundestrom-Mac-Terry

Ideally, Ducks could have tried it this season... but Cutter will likely play 1 game, Mac might be done for the year for all we know, and Colangelo doesn't even have an NHL contract. Next season will have a lot of options, things would be very interesting if we could actually win a 1st overall for once.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I agree about strome….

I think there is a strong possibility gibson is gone at draft, he prob wants a reset and a shot at being a starter somewhere and I think dostal takes over next year.

Fowler hopefully asks for a trade if that’s the case, with how zellweger Mintyukov lacombe and Vaaks looking like nhl players we need the right type of vet d around them…. A guy that can kill penalties and play a little defense while complimenting 1 of those guys games.

I’d hate to end up losing Vaaks or lacombe to keep fowler till end of his contract

Takes two to tango. We're going to be retaining a lot/taking back bad contract or we are going to need to buy him out.

I think he stays the expensive 1B of the tandem until another young goalie is ready to push him out.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I know this year sucks but next year should be a ton of fun, barring another bad string of injuries.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
These games have become watchable again and we look competitive. No shocker it’s because of Leo and Z.

Losing in a SO isn’t really a loss to me even if it says it officially. Terry had the game on his stick chose to shoot instead of passing to a wide open Leo, but it is what it is. Kinda ironic with this team to shoot rather than pass lol.

I personally would be passing or trying to pass to the guy who had two goals in the game and is feeling it, but what do I know. lol

There was not enough time for a counter attack in case of a botched pass. Plus we had a defender back.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
These games have become watchable again and we look competitive. No shocker it’s because of Leo and Z.

Losing in a SO isn’t really a loss to me even if it says it officially. Terry had the game on his stick chose to shoot instead of passing to a wide open Leo, but it is what it is. Kinda ironic with this team to shoot rather than pass lol.

I personally would be passing or trying to pass to the guy who had two goals in the game and is feeling it, but what do I know. lol

There was not enough time for a counter attack in case of a botched pass. Plus we had a defender back.
team is more engaged when zegras is playing…. Idk if he just makes the game fun or if his energy is contagious but he def makes team watchable again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad