GDT: #77|Rivalry Edition|Flyers @ Penguins|8 PM EST|NBCSN, TVA, SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Shouldn't we want to try to pull a goalie at some point? Do we actually want to win a game? I would have done it at the last o-zone faceoff. What is there to lose, really?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sweet jesus I forgot lol

So in one summer Shero did this:

Dupuis - 4 year extension

Scuderi - 4 year contract as a UFA

Kunitz - 3 year extension

DB - 2 year extension

Adams - 2 year extension

This team was basically destroyed within the span of 3 months.

A virtual rectal exam for the Penguins fan base.

Crosberry87

Oct 9, 2008
USA
Take Crosby and Malkin off this team and we're the front runners for McDavid. This might very well be the worst managed team in the league. Opening day next week!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Downie does need to shut his ****ing mouth. This whole team does. It's not right, but refs will take mental notes of guys who bark at 'em, and **** them over. It's no secret, it's always been that way.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So my primary question after actually paying to attend a couple periods of this (the one I went with gets up at 5:30 so we always planned on going only 2 periods, though the Pens made leaving really easy).

Why is there no fire MJ thread on this board?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The Flyers beat the Blackhawks 4-1.

We're losing 4-1. We must be as good as the Hawks. :nod:

I'm pretty sure there's an inherent flaw in that logic. I'm trying to figure out how to explain it . . .

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Downie does need to shut his ****ing mouth. This whole team does. It's not right, but refs will take mental notes of guys who bark at 'em, and **** them over. It's no secret, it's always been that way.

Guys on every team chirp the refs. You are just excusing the refs for acting like unprofessional *******s.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

:handclap:

EDIT: You know, I've noticed the refs are giving someone like Malkin more leeway as the year has progressed. And, if you look at one guy who's complain level is a lot less than it's been, it's him. Like most of the league, he gets away with **** now that's 10X worse than the stuff you've seen called tonight.

Jackpot Jaret

Oct 22, 2014
Its incredibly aggravating as a longtime Penguins fan. This team is NEVER healthy. We could add Malkin and Letang, and wed have others drop. It just seems like if Crosby cant score, we cant score period. This team is boring, Sutter, Spaling, Downie, Comeau, Lapierre, Adams, Bennett, Kunitz....Nobody can create their own offence.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Sweet jesus I forgot lol

DB - 2 year extension

Adams - 2 year extension

And that's why I laugh when people suggest Shero should have been spared.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

I say go postal.... The Refs want to make a mockery of the game, the Pens should do likewise. It would bring light to the mess that is the refereeing in the NHL.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
So my primary question after actually paying to attend a couple periods of this (the one I went with gets up at 5:30 so we always planned on going only 2 periods, though the Pens made leaving really easy).

Why is there no fire MJ thread on this board?
Because it honestly doesn't matter. Just replacing the coach won't dona damn thing.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Sweet jesus I forgot lol

DB - 2 year extension

Adams - 2 year extension

Unbelievable that he felt the need to lock up those players. We couldn't give any of these guys away now.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Embarrassed again on national TV. This team hasn't been a cup contender since 2009. Fans boo the sh** out of them. This is a disgrace of an effort. No excuse at this time of the year.

CAPS LOCK

Aug 10, 2005
Embarrassed again on national TV. This team hasn't been a cup contender since 2009. Fans boo the sh** out of them. This is a disgrace of an effort. No excuse at this time of the year.

Hey at least Crosby scored his 300th NHL goal...thats pretty sweet :handclap:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I don´t care anymore. It´s pretty clear that our level is gonna stay terrible in the regular season. If it stays terrible in the playoffs, too, then I will be furious.. I think it will stay like this in the playoffs too, but I will wait for it to happen. Flyers can have these two points, I couldn´t care less (if anything, it hurts their tank). As for the Penguins, I want them to play the Habs and there´s still a chance.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
That was ugly.

I expected it to be but I always allow that hope to creep in, especially when we get the first goal. I guess I should be thankful that it wasn't a violent game where half our players were hurt. We got out of it no worse for wear. Now we just have to figure out how to get a win with only 5 D for the remainder of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad