GDT: #77|Rivalry Edition|Flyers @ Penguins|8 PM EST|NBCSN, TVA, SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
How's that five-man blueline working out for us?

How does our cap guy still have a job? Seriously?

Most of the blame goes to Shero in regard to the cap, specifically signing Kunitz, Dupuis, and Scuderi to those contracts.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
How's that five-man blueline working out for us?

How does our cap guy still have a job? Seriously?

The same reason the rest of them do. The same reason these fossils are on this team. Crosby and Malkin have been the only things standing in the way of this being a perennial lottery team, and that's the only way this organization is going to change in the ways that it needed to change 3+ years ago.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
All 3 of those contracts were over the same summer as well if I'm not mistaken? Summer of 2013?

Yup. After the debacle against the Bruins in the playoffs Shero decided the Penguins needed more of the same instead of big changes. All he did was dig the hole deeper.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
MJ coached pens are flat game in game out. Really hard for me to understand why there's such an obvious lack of effort and intensity.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Yup. After the debacle against the Bruins in the playoffs Shero decided the Penguins needed more of the same instead of big changes. All he did was dig the hole deeper.

The kunitz contract I can understand. The Dupuis and Scuderi ones on the other hand.....:shakehead

Oh, and lets not forget that he re-signed DB to the 2 year extension that summer as well :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If I was Downie I'd go out there, run Giroux and really earn the misconduct that is inevitably coming anyway.

Bingo.

BTW, he should've been going after guys like Giroux from the opening drop of the puck.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
It's just too bad that Mario and the gang feel that having the softest defense in NHL history is a great idea.

I've accepted this fact for years. If I want to remain a Penguin fan I have to accept it. For whatever reason that is what they believe in and I don't think it'll change anytime soon. I'm not sure how they came to this conclusion when you don't see many soft defenses winning championships, but that's what they've hung their hat on. History and logic be damned.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
MJ coached pens are flat game in game out. Really hard for me to understand why there's such an obvious lack of effort and intensity.

I'm not sure it would help, in fact I doubt it, but I see no harm in replacing the coach at this point. Unfortunately, it will be Tocchet who will replace him, which is why I doubt it will help anything.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Maybe he should just shut the **** up already, because he's fighting a losing battle.

If you had to deal with the bs from refs that he does you wouldn't be able to shut your mouth either. They antagonize him by calling bs penalties and then they give him a misconduct when he says something (which all players do). It is unprofessional bs and it is a joke that the refs are allowed to behave this way with impunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad