GDT: #77 - MAPLE LEAFS at SABRES – WED APR 1 @ 7:30 PM ET – MSG-B – WGR

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
@reporterchris: After watching the #leafs lose to Buffalo in Game No. 78 of the season, Peter Horachek said: "It looked like training camp."

:laugh:

Theyve looked like that for months. Its hilarious how BUF gets all this flak for "tanking" when the players we have actually are out there trying. Since January, the Leafs have not given a single ****.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Im not sure why you benchmark Hodgson against Foligno? One PK's and one really doesnt not to mention hodgson was pinned to 4th liners(who showed up sadly)when talking about ice time...again if you watched this game at all you'd see that both hodgson and foligno had decent games all tank things considered. It seems you're just picking a guy to hang to dry and hodgson certainly wasnt it tonight so you look dumb...

Before jumping in tell me I look dumb, it'd be good to take my comment to Jame into context with the whole exchange btwn us which that comment (I had hoped obviously) was following up on.

Meaning, I wasn't bench marking Foligno vs Hodgson or even attempting to suggest that either one had a good or a bad game. My comment last night was merely offering up to Jame yet another example (or "anecdote", as he calls it) to further prove the point that Nolan does not hold every player to equal account shift by shift (Jame's position), but in fact has different standards for different players (my position).

For my part, I figure it's natural for coaches to have diff standards (expectations, leash-sizes, etc.) for different players - and equally irrational to pretend that they don't. But regardless of one's take on that topic, flagging Foligno's flop play wasn't intended to suggest he didn't have a good overall game, nor was I comparing his game to that of Hodgson. I was comparing the coach's reaction to different players in similar situations (ie: a turn over in the ozone leading to a goal against, one guy is benched, the other doesn't miss a shift).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad