GDT: #77 - MAPLE LEAFS at SABRES – WED APR 1 @ 7:30 PM ET – MSG-B – WGR

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
:leafs vs. :sabres

MAPLE LEAFS (29-42-6) at SABRES (21-47-8)

NHL.com Game Preview: Sabres return home to host Maple Leafs
[NHL]796168[/NHL]

Season series: The Toronto Maple Leafs have won two of three games against the Buffalo Sabres, including a 4-3 shootout victory in the most recent game at Air Canada Centre three weeks ago. Toronto center Tyler Bozak scored the deciding goal in the shootout. Sabres forwards Tyler Ennis, Johan Larsson and Matt Moulson each had a goal and two assists.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview: 4/1/15 vs. TOR
CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 318)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Cody McCormick (lower body, Jan. 13; injured reserve) – 33 games
Josh Gorges (lower body, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 21 games
Evander Kane (shoulder, Feb. 15; injured reserve) – 21 games
Zemgus Girgensons (lower body, Feb. 26; injured reserve) – 15 games
Chad Johnson (lower body, March 6) – 12 games
Jerry D’Amigo (upper body, March 23) – 4 games
Tyler Ennis (lower body, March 28) – 2 games
Matt Hackett (undisclosed, March 30) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/26: Activated F Patrick Kaleta from IR
3/27: Recalled F Tim Schaller from Rochester (AHL)
3/30: Recalled G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, April 3: Chicago at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 4: Buffalo at NY Islanders, 7 p.m.
Monday, April 6: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, April 10: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 11: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
MAPLE LEAFS at SABRES

This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Maple Leafs this season.
Last meeting: Toronto defeated Buffalo, 4-3 (SO), in Toronto on March 11
The Sabres are 4-3-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Maple Leafs; 8-1-1 at home
This is the 197th game all-time between Buffalo and Toronto; Buffalo has a 107-63-26 series record.
The Sabres are 65-25-8 at home against the Maple Leafs all-time.

Last edited:

mattcc97

Feb 6, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I have had the strangest feeling of constant anxiety all day today. Literally the entire day so far I have been restless in anticipation for this game. It's a big one boys.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I have had the strangest feeling of constant anxiety all day today. Literally the entire day so far I have been restless in anticipation for this game. It's a big one boys.

I know the feeling. I could not sleep at all last night after the AZ game. This season is sitting with me far too much. Is that a sign of hockey addiction? Hah.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
And we have the dreaded first game back from a long (distance) road trip. We should come out flat.

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
I know the feeling. I could not sleep at all last night after the AZ game. This season is sitting with me far too much. Is that a sign of hockey addiction? Hah.

seriously, i have never been this emotionally invested that all I can think about is the next sabres game/arizona game.......we are better shape than we were a week ago, we have a 4 point lead after the Arizona series, we have a 89% chance of whatever of finishing 30th, but I still can not stop wanting it to end. we have 6 games left and im thinking of it as much as a stanley cup series where we have to get less than 5 points in 6 games and beating Toronto will make it so we have to get less than 3 points in 5 games and im worried about that......

the only thing that may be a silver lining is maybe arizona sneaking into overtime in a couple of there games..............I just want this to be over and if we would have lost in reg in arizona we would have needed 9 points in the last 6 games without arizona getting a point.......we still should be able to complete the tank but it is DEF not guarenteed and all day I sit here and try to justify in my mind how I should not be worrying as much as I am......all damn day

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
seriously, i have never been this emotionally invested that all I can think about is the next sabres game/arizona game.......we are better shape than we were a week ago, we have a 4 point lead after the Arizona series, we have a 89% chance of whatever of finishing 30th, but I still can not stop wanting it to end. we have 6 games left and im thinking of it as much as a stanley cup series where we have to get less than 5 points in 6 games and beating Toronto will make it so we have to get less than 3 points in 5 games and im worried about that......

I told my wife earlier tonight that I'm really taking the whole Sabres tanking thing too seriously...she just smiled and nodded.

Season can end anytime...I'm tired of this ride and I want to get off.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
With Sabres fans cheering the tank or Sabres and Leaf fans in a battle with their own tank demons. This game could be the most surreal things we'll ever see.

Sabres fans cheering Leafs, Leafs fans cheering Sabres, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!!!

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
This one smells like a win from a mile away.

I won't begrudge them finishing in last by one point. As long as there's that one point.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Woke up hoping someone had been swell enough overnight to have posted projected line-ups for the game that include lil Hodgson getting a sniff of the top 6.

I'd have known 'twas an April Fools tease of course, but it still woulda been a thrill for that moment it took for my eyes to re-caffeinate.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Woke up hoping someone had been swell enough overnight to have posted projected line-ups for the game that include lil Hodgson getting a sniff of the top 6.

I'd have known 'twas an April Fools tease of course, but it still woulda been a thrill for that moment it took for my eyes to re-caffeinate.

A little OT... but are you a friend of Hodgson's or something? Whenever I see you post, its always pro-Hodgson related...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad