GDT: |#76 Penguins vs Stars| SatMar23@8PMest | FS-SW+, ATTSN-PT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It isn’t like Anton hasn’t been putting up stupid dumb numbers this year either.

True his numbers drop quite a bit against the East and even more so against the Metro. We scored 5 goals on him in 29 mins last time. So that will probably happen again :rolleyes:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens can make some hay here. Either one or two points is a win and a possible 6 or 7 points on the road trip.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great work even by phone, Eightyone!

LGP!

Speaking of: Sorry for the no show last GDT, @BHD.

Was lying down in the sick prone position watching the game. I didn't even make it to the end, had no clue Nash tied it up or that Sid won it in the SO until the next day.

Thinking I'm over the hump on the down slope of this. Being sick sucks.

I did read some of the GDT.

2 points is 2 points. Yeah!

Reactions: EightyOne

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Missed last game, so I'm interested to see Adam Johnson play at this level.

I didn't miss the last game but I still haven't seen Adam Johnson play at this level. I must have blinked but people tell me he did actually have some ice time.

I watched last game, and so am I.

Kind of hard when he gets 4th line minutes and doesn't even actually get 4th line minutes even. Last game was a total waste if he's gonna see less than 4:00 of icetime. 3:59 of icetime.... Really?

REALLY!!!!?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Kind of hard when he gets 4th line minutes and doesn't even actually get 4th line minutes even. Last game was a total waste if he's gonna see less than 4:00 of icetime. 3:59 of icetime.... Really?

REALLY!!!!?
it was a 1-0 game down the home stretch. No problem with it. I thought he looked solid in those 4 minutes though.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

REALLY!!!!?

New guy in a tight game. Sully hasn’t really seen him so he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt. Depends on the scouting report he got too.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
it was a 1-0 game down the home stretch. No problem with it. I thought he looked solid in those 4 minutes though.

Yeah, I saw that much. LOL.

New guy in a tight game. Sully hasn’t really seen him so he doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt. Depends on the scouting report he got too.

The scouting report should have him at worst on the 3rd line. Being the hot hand.

I get it, but I don't approve of it.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I too was sick and passed out through the NSH game.

Just gave a Like to ya, @BHD BUT...gotta say, you got the game number incorrect..it was 75 not 74 :towel:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He's not some plug who will flourish there, if that was the case leave Blandisi up.
and Simon is? McCann? Who goes to the 4th line instead?

This idea that guys are too good for the 4th line that we've heard about since the start of the year with Sprong just annoys the hell out of me.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

This idea that guys are too good for the 4th line that we've heard about since the start of the year with Sprong just annoys the hell out of me.

One thing though, not many players are gonna do jack with 4-6mins of playing time.

If you do find your team has a lot of talent on the fourth line, you've gotta roll them out more.

Right? Otherwise you are wasting talent..

Or is the argument that if they're so good, four minutes should be good enough?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I'd do Simon easily.

Guys who even had looked good but not producing enough. The point of it is see if there's something there at all. There are plenty of candidates of this, but the LW is the most plausible position for him since the center position is covered in spades, and he's not really a RW candidate.

You basically neutered him. Simon has been bounced up and down, and for good reason.

I just think if you're going to bring him up and reward him, he's not a plug, and has assets they could use even Simon doesn't have.

He could have been a difference maker than a bench warmer. But they can keep banging the same drum almost getting the same results.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
One thing though, not many players are gonna do jack with 4-6mins of playing time.

If you do find your team has a lot of talent on the fourth line, you've gotta roll them out more.

Right, I'm good with that aspect, too.

But thing is, his linemates did see more time.

Edit: To further this like you said, that 4th line should be 8-12 minutes to assure your team is able to go deep into games like they have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

No, the argument is that the point of the game was to win, not to see what Johnson can do.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd do Simon easily.

Guys who even had looked good but not producing enough. The point of it is see if there's something there at all. There are plenty of candidates of this, but the LW is the most plausible position for him since the center position is covered in spades, and he's not really a RW candidate.

You basically neutered him. Simon has been bounced up and down, and for good reason.

I just think if you're going to bring him up and reward him, he's not a plug, and has assets they could use even Simon doesn't have.

He could have been a difference maker than a bench warmer. But they can keep banging the same drum almost getting the same results.
The same result as in a really great 3rd line? Yeah, keep banging that drum please. And I don't think they were rewarding Johnson, they were playing a good player. But considering the game situation, sitting him was a fine call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad