GDT: |#76 Penguins vs Stars| SatMar23@8PMest | FS-SW+, ATTSN-PT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sorry everyone, crazy sick right now and trying to make this solely on mobile, so GDT is gonna be weak.

il_570xN.1463581020_lqfe.jpg

VS
6333_dallas_stars-alternate-2014.png

The Penguins take their 40-24-11 record down to the Lonestar State to face the Dallas Stars and their 38-30-6 record.​

Possible Penguins Lines
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
McCann-Blueger-Kessel
Simon-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
Johnson-Cullen-Wilson
Dumoulin-Letang
Johnson-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson
Murray
DeSmith

Possible Stars Lines
Hintz-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Dickinson-L'Esperance
Janmark-Faksa-Comeau
Cogliano-Spezza-Ritchie
Lindell-Klingberg
Heiskanen-Polak
Fedun-Lovejoy
Khudobin
Bishop

Let's
Go
Pens!

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wonder which game DeSmith will start. Pens don't have another back-to-back the rest of the season, so it's tough to guess which one or two starts he'll get.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I wonder which game DeSmith will start. Pens don't have another back-to-back the rest of the season, so it's tough to guess which one or two starts he'll get.

I imagine they’ll be home games. His stats are much better at home (H .922 A .907) while Murray’s are much better away (H .902 A .932) this season.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I imagine they’ll be home games. His stats are much better at home (H .922 A .907) while Murray’s are much better away (H .902 A .932) this season.

Which one(s) though? I can see the final game, assuming the Pens have already locked in their seeding and can't move up or down. But other than that, maybe one of the Detroit games?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Every game is a must win right now, you ride the horse that is getting you there so far. DeSmith has been solid when called upon, but this has to be Murray that leads us in. I give DeSmith the game after we clinch.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Of course. Because Murray has already dealt with enough since this time last year...why not add this to the current list? Keep feeling like hes about to get back to where he was during our cup runs but something keeps happening to mess with his consistency.

Like I said during these last 3 games where he let one in late..he should have never even been in that situation. Should have been 3-1..4-1 type wins. It was good to see him shut it down in the shootout tho. Hopefully that gets the team going.

Anytime I bring up Murray..its not because I dont think he wont have a great future here. Its the fact we dealt with years of growing pains from Fleury and we are now finally seeing him at the top of his game. Which I knew would come once he reached this age. And with our window that is what we need from our goalie. Consistency. But with most young ones that isn't the case. So Id hate to have to deal with this from Murray.

Anyway, It's up to our players to score more so he can gain full confidence back heading into playoffs. Hes right there imo. Last year around this time he was letting in 3-4 goals each game after his Dad passed.

Once he does mature a bit I think hes gonna end up as one of the top goalies in the league. I just want it to be while our top guys are still in early 30s

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Of course. Because Murray has already dealt with enough since this time last year...why not add this to the current list? Keep feeling like hes about to get back to where he was during our cup runs but something keeps happening to mess with his consistency.

Like I said during these last 3 games where he let one in late..he should have never even been in that situation. Should have been 3-1..4-1 type wins. It was good to see him shut it down in the shootout tho. Hopefully that gets the team going.

Anytime I bring up Murray..its not because I dont think he wont have a great future here. Its the fact we dealt with years of growing pains from Fleury and we are now finally seeing him at the top of his game. Which I knew would come once he reached this age. And with our window that is what we need from our goalie. Consistency. But with most young ones that isn't the case. So Id hate to have to deal with this from Murray.

Anyway, It's up to our players to score more so he can gain full confidence back heading into playoffs. Hes right there imo. Last year around this time he was letting in 3-4 goals each game after his Dad passed.

Once he does mature a bit I think hes gonna end up as one of the top goalies in the league. I just want it to be while our top guys are still in early 30s

I can’t really tell what your getting at with this post, it’s early :laugh:

Murray’s doing his job. We’ll above since December. That tweet was more Murray’s playing really well but opposition goalies have a short unsustainable streak going. Which ends tonight!!!! :DD

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I can’t really tell what your getting at with this post, it’s early :laugh:

Murray’s doing his job. We’ll above since December. That tweet was more Murray’s playing really well but opposition goalies have a short unsustainable streak going. Which ends tonight!!!! :DD

Lol all of the talk this week about Murray not closing out games caused some drama. Was explaining it further. How I look at it when Im talking about his play. Whether its fair to hold him to high standards or not...after how great he was during those cup runs thats what I expect now. Hard not to.

And I think alot can get frustrated when he has a bad game thinking here we go again with another goaltender that will take a step back like Fleury did.

Which is why we still see this kind of talk. Its a sensitive topic. Im not on social media to see all of the dumb shit about the two(the Fleury supporters annoying people on here so much they prob dislike the guy because of it) so I couldn't care less. I got on Fleury when I didnt think he could win it all for us and Id do the same with Murray.

But I already know Murray will have a great future with us..its not like he came out of nowhere. I just want to see him get it all together now. And hes almost there imo. obviously still in his mind a bit late in games but weve already seen him be confident and clutch at a younger age so he has it in him. I dont think he will have years of ups and downs like Fleury had.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Lol all of the talk this week about Murray not closing out games caused some drama. Was explaining it further. How I look at it when Im talking about his play. Whether its fair to hold him to high standards or not...after how great he was during those cup runs thats what I expect now. Hard not to.

And I think alot can get frustrated when he has a bad game thinking here we go again with another goaltender that will take a step back like Fleury did.

Which is why we still see this kind of talk. Its a sensitive topic. Im not on social media to see all of the dumb **** about the two(the Fleury supporters annoying people on here so much they prob dislike the guy because of it) so I couldn't care less. I got on Fleury when I didnt think he could win it all for us and Id do the same with Murray.

But I already know Murray will have a great future with us..its not like he came out of nowhere. I just want to see him get it all together now. And hes almost there imo. obviously still in his mind a bit late in games but weve already seen him be confident and clutch at a younger age so he has it in him. I dont think he will have years of ups and downs like Fleury had.

I think it’s overblown a bit even as a team for blowing leads. Really short sample size and isn’t the norm. We should be fine. I really like our roster. Phil is the only concern really but we could see a good game today.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Khudobin’s last couple starts for Dallas has resulted in losses but his save % is above .940 in them...he’s getting no run support...he and Murray should commiserate

Going to be another low scoring affair

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I think it’s overblown a bit even as a team for blowing leads. Really short sample size and isn’t the norm. We should be fine. I really like our roster. Phil is the only concern really but we could see a good game today.

Agree..comes down to Phil now. Making that Florida trade was huge. Imagine if we still had Brass and Sheahan instead. Forget it.

Id still like to try Bjugstad with Phil even tho the 3rd line has been great. But 1. Getting Phil going is more important and 2. We Know Horny can play with Sid. 3. Malkin needs to get away from Phil once hes back. Maybe Blueger and Rust or McCann. Or even both.

Guentzel - Crosby - Hornqvist (we saw them tear it up in last years playoffs)
McCann- Malkin - Rust
Blueger - Bjugstad - Kessel
Simon - Cullen - ZAR or 7 dmen and rotate Crosby/Malkin/etc here.

Both McCann and Rust with Malkin could get him going again in a big way.. And Bjugstad with Kessel could do the same. Blueger doing his job as well on that line.

Maybe dress 7dmen and have Cullen and Simon play with more talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->