OT: 75th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pour Yourself A Kool-Aid As Tall As Hal Gill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I got to play a little driveway hockey today with my niece, nephew, and his friend. My brother was a lefty and taught me to play left handed and I was never able to change back. I was looking for a lefty stick in the stack in the garage and was blown away by what I found: the same hot pink wooden Sherwood stick he used when we were kids. The paint was very faded and worn off in many places but I'd never forget that stick. I was still able to use it too! If only my body didn't feel as worn out as that old stick looked. I looked skyward and gave my brother some quick words before I went out to play like we did at my nephew's age. Circle of life.

PS: It was Stars vs Flyers and my niece is a ginger so I told her she's be a perfect fit for our team.:D

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I f***ing love British comedy panel shows.

Currently on Taskmaster

Taskmaster is probably the best one ever... so f***ing hilarious.

Have got about ~10 people from around Europe into it now.

I think personally:

Series 1 (well rounded, Romesh Ranganathan and Tim Key being amazing, Josh Widdicome being so easily wound up, Frank Skinner is a boss, Roisin Conaty is ridiculous as a human)
Series 2 (really well rounded cast, maybe best rounded actually, Joe Wilkinson cannot be a real person)
Series 4 (Noel Fielding)
Series 5 (Bob Mortimer... just amazing... and Aisling Bea is one of the only people not from real life I have ever fell for haha)
Series 7 (James Acaster AND Rhod Gilbert, both insane but hilarious)

are my fave 5 series.

Reactions: wankstifier

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
CBEF1FEF-CA8B-4337-AB4A-37993CF152EE.jpeg

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
We have a 4 year old kindle fire kid edition which I believe is actually like a 7 year old kindle fire that they refurbished and then limited features.
It’s always been a pain, and is now slow as molasses.
Anyone have a suggestion for a tablet to be used exclusively for children?

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
We have a 4 year old kindle fire kid edition which I believe is actually like a 7 year old kindle fire that they refurbished and then limited features.
It’s always been a pain, and is now slow as molasses.
Anyone have a suggestion for a tablet to be used exclusively for children?

Hi, Tech Director for a K-12 school district here.

Toddler aged with a focus on education -= Leapfrog Academy Tablet

Toddler without Education Focus and 4 to 9 ish = Amazon Fire 8 Kids Edition. The 7 is a bit cheaper and has a stand, but the 8 has a better operating power. I don't think the stand is that big of a deal, nor do I think the screen needs to be that big. I have multiple nieces and nephews between the ages of 10 and 3, not a single one of them does anything other than hold the tablet a foot from their face.

Anything over 10, I'd suggest a touch screen Chromebook. Most schools utilize them because they are cheap, but they are effective. Basically just reaching out to the internet and they can now utilize Google Play Store Apps. They are great for kids and old people.

McMillions f***ing sucked

I stand by my recommendation that it is great. My dad watched all 6 back to back and loved it, until the end. He got very mad and now he wants to figure out how to commit a white collar financial crime. He figures if he gets caught it would be worth it.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Hi, Tech Director for a K-12 school district here.

Toddler aged with a focus on education -= Leapfrog Academy Tablet

Toddler without Education Focus and 4 to 9 ish = Amazon Fire 8 Kids Edition. The 7 is a bit cheaper and has a stand, but the 8 has a better operating power. I don't think the stand is that big of a deal, nor do I think the screen needs to be that big. I have multiple nieces and nephews between the ages of 10 and 3, not a single one of them does anything other than hold the tablet a foot from their face.

Anything over 10, I'd suggest a touch screen Chromebook. Most schools utilize them because they are cheap, but they are effective. Basically just reaching out to the internet and they can now utilize Google Play Store Apps. They are great for kids and old people.

I stand by my recommendation that it is great. My dad watched all 6 back to back and loved it, until the end. He got very mad and now he wants to figure out how to commit a white collar financial crime. He figures if he gets caught it would be worth it.
Thanks dude. Appreciate the help!

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
So my lab is 9 now. Just this week she started to move a little gingerly and seems to have developed an arthritic limp.
Any advice for easing her pain? Something as simple as people Motrin or Advil?

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Running out of stuff to watch. Running out of quarantine beer. Help.

drcrusher

Jul 12, 2006
So my lab is 9 now. Just this week she started to move a little gingerly and seems to have developed an arthritic limp.
Any advice for easing her pain? Something as simple as people Motrin or Advil?

I would not do that without discussing it with a veterinarian first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad