OT: 75th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pour Yourself A Kool-Aid As Tall As Hal Gill

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@Chinatown88 Never fall down the mechanical keyboard rabbit hole. I saw a group buy open and ordered this as a Spacebar, so now I'm building her an entirely new board around it.

A6_5.jpg

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@Chinatown88 Never fall down the mechanical keyboard rabbit hole. I saw a group buy open and ordered this as a Spacebar, so now I'm building her an entirely new board around it.

A6_5.jpg

You know it's hard out here for a nerd,
When you're trying to not spend your money on nerd stuff.

Edit: @JojoTheWhale rereading your post, this is for the lovely lady? Dang that's some nerd love right there. Building a custom mechanical keyboard for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You know it's hard out here for a nerd,
When you're trying to not spend your money on nerd stuff.

Edit: @JojoTheWhale rereading your post, this is for the lovely lady? Dang that's some nerd love right there. Building a custom mechanical keyboard for her.

She deserves it. She has a Ducky Shine Year of the Dragon that she loves, but now has two PCs.

Ordinarily I would check the second-hand market first, but it’s become completely absurd for the limited run stuff. There was one in particular I wanted that I balked at paying $550 for a few years ago that now sells for ~$2500 when you can find one. Oops!

Reactions: Chinatown88

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

A6_5.jpg

I would so love to design a custom keyboard. First thing I would do? Eliminate the Caps Lock key. I have to wait for the afterlife to murder the bastard who invented it.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I would so love to design a custom keyboard. First thing I would do? Eliminate the Caps Lock key. I have to wait for the afterlife to murder the bastard who invented it.
But then there's num lock. The real scum of this Earth is whoever decided to default num lock to off whenever your laptop fall asleep. So f***ing annoying

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@Chinatown88 have you found an updated practice schedule to use for building player attributes? The one I used from a long time ago didn't really work well the last time I played. I'm not even sure I will play this out - I just wanted to ragetrade for a minute, really.

I haven't really found anything good. I've been winging it. Doing some GoogleFu right now.

The Official TBL Practice Thread - EHM The Blue Line

Reading this thread and I'm losted. There's a place to set intensity for practice? I've been doing things wrong for 200 plus hours???

Edit: Holy shit I just found the intensity. I've been doing things wrong this whole time...

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I haven't really found anything good. I've been winging it. Doing some GoogleFu right now.

The Official TBL Practice Thread - EHM The Blue Line

Reading this thread and I'm losted. There's a place to set intensity for practice? I've been doing things wrong for 200 plus hours???

I got deep into that, but there was a plan you could follow, so it was super easy. It's hard to say how much it helped, but it couldn't have hurt. But then the last time I played it was pretty clear that it didn't work.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I got deep into that, but there was a plan you could follow, so it was super easy. It's hard to say how much it helped, but it couldn't have hurt. But then the last time I played it was pretty clear that it didn't work.

Apparently I'm terrible for not finding how to set the intensity of practice for the 200+ hours I played the game. Now I find out I can retrain a position too?!

For the two years on this new game I started I just have rotate through each thing for two days and it seems to be working decently. Then again my roster is loaded soo idk.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
But then there's num lock. The real scum of this Earth is whoever decided to default num lock to off whenever your laptop fall asleep. So f***ing annoying

There's no comparison whatsoever in the mischief caused by Caps Lock and Numbers Lock. Caps Lock is right ****ing there in the middle of everything. It's the Devil.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Apparently I'm terrible for not finding how to set the intensity of practice for the 200+ hours I played the game. Now I find out I can retrain a position too?!

For the two years on this new game I started I just have rotate through each thing for two days and it seems to be working decently. Then again my roster is loaded soo idk.

That re-training position was never worth it for me. By the time you tank enough times, you have way more great players at every position than you could ever use.

The practice thing is nothing to be ashamed about. It's not the kind of thing you would obviously think of without being a complete obsessive.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
That re-training position was never worth it for me. By the time you tank enough times, you have way more great players at every position than you could ever use.

The practice thing is nothing to be ashamed about. It's not the kind of thing you would obviously think of without being a complete obsessive.

At least I can force train my boy Stutzle into RW now. Scrub isn't accomplished at all 3 forward positions smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->