Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
#Contrarian

Pretty much.

I know absolutely nothing about the man known as Cheapek. So I genuinely have no idea what to expect.

I fully admit that I am in a Disney family. We have gone every year for the last 5 years to Disney World and Universal and probably will continue to go for the foreseeable future. I might even go by myself for a weekend in March so that I can get on the Rise of the Resistance ride that I missed when I went back in November. Iger did some great things so hopefully Chapek continues on that trend although people hate the Mouse's world domination, and I get that.

People just like to complain about things, IMO. Nothing will ever make people happy anymore. A lot of people consider Galaxy's Edge a "disappointment" or whatever but I didn't have a single complaint while I was there I loved it. I know that they cut back some things that were supposed to be there and it looks like Chapek might have had something to do with that. Regarding raising ticket prices, well that's just business.

Epcot was basically 70% under construction when I was last there.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Pretty much.

I know absolutely nothing about the man known as Cheapek. So I genuinely have no idea what to expect.

I fully admit that I am in a Disney family. We have gone every year for the last 5 years to Disney World and Universal and probably will continue to go for the foreseeable future. I might even go by myself for a weekend in March so that I can get on the Rise of the Resistance ride that I missed when I went back in November. Iger did some great things so hopefully Chapek continues on that trend although people hate the Mouse's world domination, and I get that.

People just like to complain about things, IMO. Nothing will ever make people happy anymore. A lot of people consider Galaxy's Edge a "disappointment" or whatever but I didn't have a single complaint while I was there I loved it. I know that they cut back some things that were supposed to be there and it looks like Chapek might have had something to do with that. Regarding raising ticket prices, well that's just business.

Epcot was basically 70% under construction when I was last there.

Regarding ticket prices, they've gone up astronomically and up until the past couple years, still not much of what they are adding is completed, they've added nothing to the parks. My family is a huge Disney family, I couldn't even tell you how many times I've gone. When I was younger, we'd get an annual pass and spend a month in the summer down there. Back then that annual pass cost around $300, now, I'm pretty sure it's over $1,000, or very close to it. I get that over time costs go up, but the price increases that Disney has put into place over time are insane. Before Star Wars and Toy Story lands, a day pass to get into MGM, I'll always call it that, was around $100. A $100 for maybe 4 to 5 rides. My parents have a Disney timeshare, but we haven't even used that in the last 3 or 4 years just because the prices have gotten so outrageous and there was nothing new to go see.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I'm amused by those fanboi responses. Particularly about the lack of creativity. I know full well if he had tried anything new or creative rather than maximizing the efficiency of the current model those people would have LOST THEIR SHIT. These people are still enraged that Mr Toad's Wild Ride is gone.

I hate to say it, but, you're not wrong

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Regarding ticket prices, they've gone up astronomically and up until the past couple years, still not much of what they are adding is completed, they've added nothing to the parks. My family is a huge Disney family, I couldn't even tell you how many times I've gone. When I was younger, we'd get an annual pass and spend a month in the summer down there. Back then that annual pass cost around $300, now, I'm pretty sure it's over $1,000, or very close to it. I get that over time costs go up, but the price increases that Disney has put into place over time are insane. Before Star Wars and Toy Story lands, a day pass to get into MGM, I'll always call it that, was around $100. A $100 for maybe 4 to 5 rides. My parents have a Disney timeshare, but we haven't even used that in the last 3 or 4 years just because the prices have gotten so outrageous and there was nothing new to go see.

I know that they're absurd. I can't comprehend how families with kids manage to make it work. I just see with all things business prices are going to go up up up, same with taxes. They're never going down.

Maybe i'm just misinformed but over the last 3-4 years, I feel like there was more additions to Disney World than the last 10+ prior.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
As for how families with kids (especially with kids in daycare) afford trips, as a member of a family with a child that is going in November, I can assure you it's all very simple: We can't afford it. My parents wanted to take all of us as a family to celebrate their retirement and experience it with their granddaughter.

The little Savage adores Moana. We are staying in the Polynesian. Her tiny mind will pop.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
As for how families with kids (especially with kids in daycare) afford trips, as a member of a family with a child that is going in November, I can assure you it's all very simple: We can't afford it. My parents wanted to take all of us as a family to celebrate their retirement and experience it with their granddaughter.

The little Savage adores Moana. We are staying in the Polynesian. Her tiny mind will pop.
I hope Lil Beef behaves the whole time. But I'm going to be greedy and hope you have crazy stories about her antics.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I hope Lil Beef behaves the whole time. But I'm going to be greedy and hope you have crazy stories about her antics.

I'm more worried about Monkey.

upload_2020-2-26_14-9-59.png

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I know that they're absurd. I can't comprehend how families with kids manage to make it work. I just see with all things business prices are going to go up up up, same with taxes. They're never going down.

Maybe i'm just misinformed but over the last 3-4 years, I feel like there was more additions to Disney World than the last 10+ prior.
You're partially right. Over the last 3-4 years they've announced a lot of additions, but the only ones to open so far have been Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land. They are still building the Tron coaster in Magic Kingdom, Guardian of the Galaxy coaster and Ratatouille in Epcot, Micky and Minnie's mine train in MGM, which replaced The Great Movie Ride, so not a truly new building. Once those open up, maybe we'll head back down, but ticket prices will probably be $200 a day by then.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Checks out.

Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure is the best ride in Orlando, AINEC.

I shall relay this information.

So, Beefette took the little Meatbelle with her to the mall to dump our old router at the Verizon store. This was supposed to be a free trip. But then they wandered into Build A Bear and accidentally spent 75 dollars. They did not build a bear. They built a monkey who wears a Moana dress, has some kind of bed/chair hybrid, and is also named Monkey like her other two monkeys. She calls it Daddy Monkey.

Mommy Monkey is a smaller monkey from Munich, and Monkey (regular) is her savage Boots doll.

So, she got home and immediately set up Daddy Monkey on its bed and tucked it in. I asked her if Monkey had met the new monkey yet. She ran and grabbed him, and then Monkey mauled the ever living shit out of Daddy Monkey while Mommy Monkey and Hei-Hei begged Monkey to stop. But Monkey wouldn't stop. Daddy Monkey was sobbing. Regular Monkey was howling. I'm still working through all of this.

Monkey is a tremendous danger to everyone.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I shall relay this information.

So, Beefette took the little Meatbelle with her to the mall to dump our old router at the Verizon store. This was supposed to be a free trip. But then they wandered into Build A Bear and accidentally spent 75 dollars. They did not build a bear. They built a monkey who wears a Moana dress, has some kind of bed/chair hybrid, and is also named Monkey like her other two monkeys. She calls it Daddy Monkey.

Mommy Monkey is a smaller monkey from Munich, and Monkey (regular) is her savage Boots doll.

So, she got home and immediately set up Daddy Monkey on its bed and tucked it in. I asked her if Monkey had met the new monkey yet. She ran and grabbed him, and then Monkey mauled the ever living shit out of Daddy Monkey while Mommy Monkey and Hei-Hei begged Monkey to stop. But Monkey wouldn't stop. Daddy Monkey was sobbing. Regular Monkey was howling. I'm still working through all of this.

Monkey is a tremendous danger to everyone.
Are you sure this isn't a metaphor for her real life dad?

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
It's possible he's a synthesis of both. Meaning, you do not get the Koolaid man without both, which would make sense given the art (you don't see them apart).

If either part was a combination, then in theory, you could split him out (and he could be either the jar or the liquid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad