OT: 75th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pour Yourself A Kool-Aid As Tall As Hal Gill

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's possible he's a synthesis of both. Meaning, you do not get the Koolaid man without both, which would make sense given the art (you don't see them apart).

If either part was a combination, then in theory, you could split him out (and he could be either the jar or the liquid).

But he doesn't seem concerned when Kool-Aid comes spilling out. I think he would have a self-preservation instinct.

He's also added ice cubes over the years. I'm not up on my Laws of Magic, but wouldn't diluting part of your lifeblood be a potential issue? He might just be a pitcher who likes filling himself with juice and going out into public. I for one won't juice shame him.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I’ve decided both.

It’s like a person. You separate them and then it’s just a body and a brain instead of a person.

Here is the rub. There is a philosophy of mind problem here.

Suppose you have another, new jar and more Koolaid Man mix (say this Koolaid Man Mix creates his personality like a brain, and it also adds more when he evaporates a bit after a day hazing Spring Breakers at the beach).

So, being a little experimental, you capture the Koolaid Man for whistling at your girlfriend, and the stress causes him to fall into a deep sleep.

You take half of his original liquid and add it to the new jar. Then you add the Koolaid Man Mix to both jars to fill both jars back to 100% full.

Both Koolaid Men wake up and declare themselves the original Koolaid Man, they share the same memories and personality. Which is correct?

(in the philo mind example, someone puts half a brain into another cloned body, then regenerates the whole brain in both, and both individuals believe they are Striiker)

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Here is the rub. There is a philosophy of mind problem here.

Suppose you have another, new jar and more Koolaid Man mix (say this Koolaid Man Mix creates his personality like a brain, and it also adds more when he evaporates a bit after a day hazing Spring Breakers at the beach).

So, being a little experimental, you capture the Koolaid Man for whistling at your girlfriend, and the stress causes him to fall into a deep sleep.

You take half of his original liquid and add it to the new jar. Then you add the Koolaid Man Mix to both jars to fill both jars back to 100% full.

Both Koolaid Men wake up and declare themselves the original Koolaid Man, they share the same memories and personality. Which is correct?

(in the philo mind example, someone puts half a brain into another cloned body, then regenerates the whole brain in both, and both individuals believe they are Striiker)
giphy.gif

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
But he doesn't seem concerned when Kool-Aid comes spilling out. I think he would have a self-preservation instinct.

He's also added ice cubes over the years. I'm not up on my Laws of Magic, but wouldn't diluting part of your lifeblood be a potential issue? He might just be a pitcher who likes filling himself with juice and going out into public. I for one won't juice shame him.

These are the conversations i need to stick to on this site. I was trying to think about this in like "what if this was a peanut butter and jelly sandiwch, what would i choose? (with the obvious answer being peanut butter, no one just eats jelly sandwiches like a heathen), but I cant find a comparable scenario.

That being said - I'm not fully up to date on my physics laws, but I dont know that the empty glass or plastic pitcher can generate the inertia to push through brick walls. There just wont be enough mass there, and the properties and coefficients of the glass wouldnt be sufficient enough for him to do that.

So yes, maybe the glass can function on his own, but it'd be like that Jason Mamoa commerical where he comes home and takes off the muscles. Busting through brick walls is what makes the kool aid man the kool aid man, much like the muscles make mamoa.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Adding ice is like getting a blood transfusion, it's starts off as a foreign entity but eventually becomes just a part of the juice.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So in a poetic twist, you're telling me he has to carry around appropriate paraphernalia like a diabetic to balance out his levels?
Possible...

Or maybe it's a pill he takes in morning that dissolves and inside is some powder?

I'm not sure. Does he have a Twitter account we can ask? I can't sleep until I get an answer.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
So in a poetic twist, you're telling me he has to carry around appropriate paraphernalia like a diabetic to balance out his levels?
I feel as though to replace any lost fluids he simply mixes his own and drinks it? Just like we do in hospitals except we inject it.

Just have to make sure the powder:fluid ratio is on point, but I can't imagine that's really THAT big of a deal with such a large volume of fluid already present? Any kool aid replacement therapy even remotely close would be similar enough to not offset the hemostasis within his kool aid lifeblood

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
What we really need to figure out is how he protects the Kool aid from precipitating out of solution. Does he stir himself every night? Is this what exercise is for? How is the kool aid protected from the elements? Does he put a lid on? What if it freezes while he's watching a Packers game at Lambeau, or something

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
These are the conversations i need to stick to on this site. I was trying to think about this in like "what if this was a peanut butter and jelly sandiwch, what would i choose? (with the obvious answer being peanut butter, no one just eats jelly sandwiches like a heathen), but I cant find a comparable scenario.

That being said - I'm not fully up to date on my physics laws, but I dont know that the empty glass or plastic pitcher can generate the inertia to push through brick walls. There just wont be enough mass there, and the properties and coefficients of the glass wouldnt be sufficient enough for him to do that.

So yes, maybe the glass can function on his own, but it'd be like that Jason Mamoa commerical where he comes home and takes off the muscles. Busting through brick walls is what makes the kool aid man the kool aid man, much like the muscles make mamoa.

You're assuming he's some sort of silicate based glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->