GDT: #75: Islanders at FLYERS, Saturday, March 23, 2019, 1:00 p.m. ET

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
HAHAHAHAHA THESE STUPID ****S HAVE LEFT THIS PAIR TOGETHER SO LONG THAT GUDAS ACTUALLY PASSED GIROUX FOR MOST TIME ON ICE WITH HAGG

01c299bebdd41beca29187fab03e55e2.png

The fact that Giroux, TK, and Couts are this ****ing trashcans most common forwards is absolutely insane.
Sorry but I still can't get over this. With access to this kind of data it's makes mistakes and player misuse so obvious . How can a coach or gm or anyone see this and not change something? It goes back to a post I wrote a while back that said something like if I were G I would tell the coach never to put me out there with him again. Mind blowing

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
First game I’ve seen all of in a long time because I was there live. It reminded me why I stopped watching.

The refs were awful but the Flyers in no way deserved to win that game. The D zone structure was bizarre. They actively treated even strength defense like a penalty kill by collapsing towards the middle and passively blocking the point men instead of trying to intercept their passes or force turnovers. It’s like they chose to play penalty kill D at even strength and the shot totals reflect it.

Why does every coach we have hate Konecny? It’s a rhetorical question, I know every coach we have is bad.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Screw everyone in the organization for giving me false hope and belief.
Get a real coach
Get a real 4th line.
Fire the garbage players into the sun

They really need to get rid of the old guard and that way of thinking..stop with the same old same old..no more hiring former players or ties to the org...get some new fresh thinking on there

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sorry but I still can't get over this. With access to this kind of data it's makes mistakes and player misuse so obvious . How can a coach or gm or anyone see this and not change something? It goes back to a post I wrote a while back that said something like if I were G I would tell the coach never to put me out there with him again. Mind blowing
It really goes to show how stupid it is when people say "Hagg's just a bottom pair defensemen. He's not why we're losing".

Our worst player is glued to our two best forwards... of course that's having a massive negative impact. And yet, those three forwards are so insanely good that they've managed to produce, in spite of their fat f***ing anchor.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
We bave to be near the bottom of the league in puck possession right?
Chasing the puck and the game all the time.
Gordon hockey!!

That is once again the Coaching.

The assistant coaches are morons.

I would love for us 1 day to pass the puck, the way the Redwings did in the 90s.

fast quick tape to tape all the time.

Great vision, brains, IQ

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I will use last year as evidence for my argument. What evidence are you basing your conclusion on.

You really think it was all on coaching?
Lets completely ignore the great seasons our top end talent had. Hakstol was a average coach in college and a awful coach in the NHL.
I didnt think anyone could top Bill Barber. But the last 4 seasons convinced me otherwise

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
It really goes to show how stupid it is when people say "Hagg's just a bottom pair defensemen. He's not why we're losing".

Our worst player is glued to our two best forwards... of course that's having a massive negative impact. And yet, those three forwards are so insanely good that they've managed to produce, in spite of their fat ****ing anchor.
Imagine a coach utilizing players with skillsets that complement each other. Must be nice.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I will use last year as evidence for my argument. What evidence are you basing your conclusion on.

Reality. They weren’t making up that large of a gap. You can’t put yourself in that big of a hole that late in the season.

From a point a perspective there was only three other teams better than them after Hakstol was fired & it still wasn’t enough.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Reality. They weren’t making up that large of a gap. You can’t put yourself in that big of a hole that late in the season.

From a point a perspective there was only three other teams better than them after Hakstol was fired & it still wasn’t enough.

When Hextall was fired we were 5 points out of a playoff spot. Coots was still banged up, and we had no goalies. We were not even close to being out of it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

When Hextall was fired we were 5 points out of a playoff spot. Coots was still banged up, and we had no goalies. We were not even close to being out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad