GDT: #75: Islanders at FLYERS, Saturday, March 23, 2019, 1:00 p.m. ET

FlyerEra2010

May 20, 2010
Lakeville, MN
Missed this game looked for some game chat. Why are we talking about the flu shot constantly here? Shut up.
Quick note, my job actually forces me to get the flu shot every year and I've found that my immune system really...

No, just kidding, the game sucked though so you didn't miss much. Carter was sharp, single handedly kept us in it when we were flat out dominated for virtually the entire 60 minutes but eventually it caught up to us at the end. Only thing of note was some hilariously bad officiating, started with a 4 minute double minor on Hagg because some Isles player smacked another Isles player in the face with his stick then was followed up by a full 2 minute 5 on 3 because an Isles player ran over his own goalie while pulling down Hartman and Jake said something mean to the referee.

Reactions: BringBackBerube

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
So we cant win vs the flu, referees and the system of our own coach... just play Morin and enjoy the show. fire Gordon, fire all assistants, sign real nhl players other than Knight, Varone, Weise, Bailey and the likes...

Learn a new system and grow as a team with a new experienced coach and a nhl proven system.

We have an elite goalie, we have an elite 1. Line Center in Couturier, we have at least 3 Top 4 Defenseman and Myers in the making... We have one of the best goalscorers in the game in JVR and so on.

All is set and done for success.

All we are needing is an NHL system, and NHL Trainingstaff and NHL Player in or bottom 6.....

Lets start it now!

*Edit*

This league is a joke when it comes to making judgment on penalties or dangerous hits. Flyers got f***ed up another time in another close game. This game feels so much like all this games vs the Pens.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Watched that atrocity but couldn't post during the game. Thank God we have Hart who single handedly kept them in it.

f*** the refs. They are complete brain-dead, blind ass hats.

Words can't describe how much I loathe Hogg. Even when he had that complete BS double-minor, I was still mad at him. Lol

Of course his erratic, blind slapper bounces off the boards, off the goalie and in. Anything to keep his doughy ass in the top 4.

Hartman looks so much better with decent line mates.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Once you're past the height of the flu, you could play Hockey in your 20s, after a couple days you're weak, but not all the time, the tricky thing is you feel fine for a couple hours - then like crap the rest of the day. So I can see the team playing but not at 100% - we're talking well conditioned athletes in their 20s, they have a bit more stamina than the rest of us.

Remember Jordan in the playoffs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad