GDT: #74 - 03/28/15 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 1:00 - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot or deliberately batted with any part of the attacking player’s body. With the use of a foot/skate, was a distinct kicking motion evident? If so, the apparent goal must be disallowed. A DISTINCT KICKING MOTION is one which the player propels the puck with his skate into the net. If the Video Goal Judge / League Office Video Room determines that it was put into the net by an attacking player using a distinct kicking motion, it must be ruled NO GOAL. This would also be true even if the puck, after being kicked, deflects off any other player of either team and then into the net. This is still NO GOAL. However, a puck that enters the goal after deflecting off an attacking player’s skate or that deflects off his skate while he is in the process of stopping, shall be ruled a good goal. See also 49.2.

Never mind bad call!
Great. Now I gotta get pissed off again. :laugh:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I guess when your team is always doing dirty ****, the refs can't call everything. Same thing with Detroit constantly interfering.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Hunwick:

"Good enough to be top 6 on the NYR"
"Not good enough to be top 6 or 7th defensemen on COL"

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I think the kick can't be the last contact, so Mac touching it negates it. Although I'm not a rule book expert, by any means.

No. This was actual addressed last season. Maybe in post season. Someone swatted a high pick down, off our guy and in. No goal, its just viewed as a chain of events.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It didnt it skipped off the ice

It definitely bounced off McD, but I already retracted due to the official rule book.

Puck directed or batted into the net by a hand or foot or deliberately batted with any part of the attacking player’s body. With the use of a foot/skate, was a distinct kicking motion evident? If so, the apparent goal must be disallowed. A DISTINCT KICKING MOTION is one which the player propels the puck with his skate into the net. If the Video Goal Judge / League Office Video Room determines that it was put into the net by an attacking player using a distinct kicking motion, it must be ruled NO GOAL. This would also be true even if the puck, after being kicked, deflects off any other player of either team and then into the net. This is still NO GOAL. However, a puck that enters the goal after deflecting off an attacking player’s skate or that deflects off his skate while he is in the process of stopping, shall be ruled a good goal. See also 49.2.

Terrible call!

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Hank's NASCAR mask must be throwing off a lot of noobs and fair weather fans. Number on sleeve/back = 30, mask = 24. Wtf?!?!:laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad