GDT: #73 - Leafs vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Never heard Botts in an interview before. Quite self-serving and evasive, which is to be expected I suppose.

The interviewer (Mike Schopp?) asked some decent, probing questions about Tage's utilization and lineup decisions, but Botts bafflegabbed him pretty easily, and the followups were weak. Would like to hear his answers to questions posed by a knowledgeable, relentless hockey guy.

They played Phil's comments from earlier in the day. He really is a milquetoast, happy-talk individual. The Sabres are in for an enormous shock if a no-nonsense, demanding coach takes over. Might be just what they need.
I don't like schopp for the most part but he's been the only buffalo sports media i've heard so far ask challenging and relevant questions.

He was holding nothing back when talking to rob ray last week. And other guys "don't hold back" but they ask asinine questions so its irrelevant

Reactions: SabresSharks

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Looking fwd to seeing Alex Nylander tonight. Also looking for a good game. Leafs and their fans are this close to going over a cliff which is quite entertaining to see in itself.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Leafs have been hot garbage lately. Easy turnaround game for them in typical Buffalo fashion.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yes at 445-5, I saw a sea of Blue. 90% of Leafs jerseys were the Blue ones. I saw 2 Sabres fans, a father and son wearing a jersey. Quite sad how this team has fallen. A substantial goaltending drop, continued horrid coaching and continued horrid secondary scoring led to this f*** up of a season. We will have 3 60+ scorers since what, Roy,Poms and Vanek? Of those 3 one is a ppg+ and other a 40 goal scorer. 2 40+ dmen. But when you rely on 2 guys to score the goals you cannot sustain. Like Colorado, Buffalo could not make it as a 1 line team.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007

"Tage has been a consistent forward with us." Okay, Phil.

Invest 5 minutes to listen to those 2 clips, imagine the same voice and personality in practice, in the dressing room, and behind the bench, and tell me which team is (probably) getting better leadership.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
"Tage has been a consistent forward with us." Okay, Phil.

Invest 5 minutes to listen to those 2 clips, imagine the same voice and personality in practice, in the dressing room, and behind the bench, and tell me which team is (probably) getting better leadership.

I mean, he's not wrong. Tage Thompson has consistently been a forward on the Buffalo Sabres. And pretty consistently awful at it, too.

I'm not sure I can take another season of Housley if he's not canned this summer.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I mean, he's not wrong. Tage Thompson has consistently been a forward on the Buffalo Sabres. And pretty consistently awful at it, too.

I'm not sure I can take another season of Housley if he's not canned this summer.
Him and Mitts should have both spent most of the season in Rochester, developing with, and contributing to, an excellent team down there. Their saving grace is you have to dress 12 forwards somehow. What a hopelessly thin forward crew.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Feels like the Sabres D outside of Montour hasn't scored at all in the second half of the season...

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
lol how is Larry supposed to avoid the goalie with marleau forcing him into the net?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad