GDT: #73 - Leafs vs. Sabres at 7 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
You don't think Reinharts speed is a problem?
Maybe you are right, he doesn't hurt the team in a way Risto does right now, but i also can't help thinking that there are certain ways the team can't play because of him.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
You don't think Reinharts speed is a problem?
Maybe you are right, he doesn't hurt the team in a way Risto does right now, but i also can't help thinking that there are certain ways the team can't play because of him.
I think you’re on an island there. The guy makes literally every player he plays with better. That is a serious variety of players. Some fast. Some slow. Many non-NHL talent players. His linemates can play however they desire and the line will succeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
The guy make literally every player he plays with better.
Yeah, we are on a scoring spree, especially lines 2, 3 and 4...

He was a #2 pick, and never got to play center, two different coaches.

With that being said, i like him as a player, smarts, efficiency, good instincts.
That's why i said, great package for a return.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

With that being said, i like him as a player, smarts, efficiency, good instincts.

All of that has absolutely nothing to do with the quote I responded to.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
All of that has absolutely nothing to do with the quote I responded to.
Then why isn't another line bsides #1 working for them? If, as you stated
His linemates can play however they desire and the line will succeed.
then explain to me the lack of secondary scoring, because Reinhart was tried in various spots other than next to Eichel this season.

The one thing that might be of interest to me is that he may excel as a complimentary player on an already good team.

Last edited:

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

then explain to me the lack of secondary scoring, because Reinhart was tried in various spots other than next to Eichel this season.

Reinhart’s line was succeeding when he wasn’t playing with Eichel this year. And considering he was playing with Sobotka as his center, that’s basically performing a miracle.

The lack of secondary scoring is:

1. Due to lack of depth on the Sabres roster throughout the year.
2. The line combinations that make no sense. Including Reinhart constantly being on the top line.

Reactions: Willgamesh

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Even so, he needs to be re-signed. Buffalo needs all the talent they can get right now.
Oh, I'm not at all arguing to ship him out; it just took a while for the shine to wear off. Most people are concerned about giving him too generous a raise.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Crazy that most of us wanted Housley before he was officialy the coach here. Shows hype can blind anyone. My eyes are fully open now though and they're telling me Housley needs to go back to coaching high schoolers.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

The one thing that might be of interest to me is that he may excel as a complimentary player on an already good team.
The lines Reinhart isn't on having trouble scoring is somehow Reinhart's fault? That's a new one.

Reactions: Chainshot

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Reinhart is good not great. He should not be the 3rd best forward on your team if you want to be a cup contender. He deserves 5-6 per on an 8 year deal.

But it comes a time where Reinhart if he trult is a "star" and worthy of a huge contract he needs to single handily spark come backs and win games on his own like Skinner and Eichel have. The truth is he can't because he simply is too slow to. Hes a good player who should be on line 2. But he is not a guy who when you are down 2 is going to set up a goal, score the tying one then in OT use his speed or skill to win the game.

He is who he is. 55-60 point player who will have some seasons in the mid 60s.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Reinhart is good not great. He should not be the 3rd best forward on your team if you want to be a cup contender. He deserves 5-6 per on an 8 year deal.

But it comes a time where Reinhart if he trult is a "star" and worthy of a huge contract he needs to single handily spark come backs and win games on his own like Skinner and Eichel have. The truth is he can't because he simply is too slow to. Hes a good player who should be on line 2. But he is not a guy who when you are down 2 is going to set up a goal, score the tying one then in OT use his speed or skill to win the game.

He is who he is. 55-60 point player who will have some seasons in the mid 60s.

Ah yes, just like he's a 50-55 point player until he's not anymore...;)

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Smart teams don't get rid of players like him. Buffalo has already shown not to be a smart team.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Reinhart is what he is... while improving every single season since entering the league.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
There is no way the Sabres should get rid of Reinhart. It would be a step in the wrong direction IMO. But if they did, what would be a fair return? Would the Sabres do a Beauvillier and a first rd pick for him for instance?
Does anyone really want Beauvillier?

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
There is no way the Sabres should get rid of Reinhart. It would be a step in the wrong direction IMO. But if they did, what would be a fair return? Would the Sabres do a Beauvillier and a first rd pick for him for instance?
I would need a comparable young forward back. A first and Beauvillier (and his 24 points) doesn't even come close for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->