GDT: #73|Flyers vs Penguins| SunMar17@730PMest |NBCSN

Will the Pens avenge the Outdoor Series debacle and further distance Philly from the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Oh, jeebus. Just typical trash talk. The way some made it seem he was threatening guys' families.
Just Konecny knowing that the Pens are easily shaken off their game by physicality and trash talking, especially Geno. You can hear LaPierre on the Flyer bench telling his guys to keep hitting the Penguins because they don’t like it and never have.

Geno’s emotions eventually got the best of him in that outdoor game and it cost the Pens the win. Letangs emotions got the best of him and it cost him with another neck injury...

If the Pens spend one f***ing second tonight chasing around Konecny or any other f***ing Flyer, I’ll be pissed. If you have a chance and have somebody lined up, then f***ing put them into the 3rd row, but if they’re gonna chase these f***ing goons around the ice or get sucked into their bullshit over and over again, then they aren’t focused on winning...

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
LET'S GO PENS!
image.jpg

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Just hoping this doesn't turn into a clownfest. The Flyers are struggling to remain relevant as far as the playoff picture goes, and the Penguins still need to keep their play up as they approach the playoffs. I've no doubt Philly would love nothing more than to hurt someone and screw up this team's shot at making any noise in the post season. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Just hoping this doesn't turn into a clownfest. The Flyers are struggling to remain relevant as far as the playoff picture goes, and the Penguins still need to keep their play up as they approach the playoffs. I've no doubt Philly would love nothing more than to hurt someone and screw up this team's shot at making any noise in the post season. :laugh:

The Flyers aren't really that kind of team any more. Simmonds was one of the few guys they had who would even do anything like that, and his hit on Dumoulin was more unfortunate than dirty.

I'm more concerned about potentially losing the game than losing players to injury. Flyers aren't that dirty these days.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
The Flyers aren't really that kind of team any more. Simmonds was one of the few guys they had who would even do anything like that, and his hit on Dumoulin was more unfortunate than dirty.

I'm more concerned about potentially losing the game than losing players to injury. Flyers aren't that dirty these days.

Maybe less buttends to the ribs and blatant slewfooting...but they still play a heavy game. The problem is they're heavy...skilled..and fast. They should be better than their record like every year.

They are more like the Capitals. Big and skilled.

Pens aren't really the same sort of thing and so they kinda get run over all game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Maybe less buttends to the ribs and blatant slewfooting...but they still play a heavy game. The problem is they're heavy...skilled..and fast. They should be better than their record like every year.

Pens aren't really the same sort of thing and so they kinda get run over all game.

I'm pretty sure our team is bigger.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Never put it past "The Rivalry" to bring out the dipshit in these guys, our players included.

Reactions: EightyOne

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I'm pretty sure our team is bigger.
Size doesn’t necessarily matter, it how you use it...lol

Pens have some size but rarely play a “heavy” game. For instance, Geno is a pretty big guy but he doesn’t play like it when it comes to forechecking and hitting people. Dumo’s a bigger guy but doesn’t play like it. Horny is the one who plays heavy sometimes but he isn’t very big...

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

The Flyers aren't heavy or fast. What are you talking about?

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Hopefully Sully gets the lines right today. All he needs to do is plug Rust in for ZAR and we have two elite 1st lines:

Guentzel-Crosby-McCann
Rust-Malkin-Kessel

I full expect him to pull a Bylsma and mess this up though.

I hope he puts Rust on the 1st and McCann on the second. I rather have them both playing on their best side. I would try McCann with Malkin and Kessel. If that didn’t work I would put him back with Bjugstad and Hornqvist. I rather see Rust RW and McCann LW.

Reactions: Trade and Ryder71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad