GDT: #73|Flyers vs Penguins| SunMar17@730PMest |NBCSN

Will the Pens avenge the Outdoor Series debacle and further distance Philly from the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
07e9bd197e46f5f45231551a158c3752.png

vs
363453343.jpg

Philadelphia brings a 34-29-8 record to bear against
Pittsburgh with a 39-24-9 record.

How-Well-Do-You-Know-The-Year-1975.jpg

• Oil goes over $13.00 per barrel
  • The Vietnam War ends
  • First blockbuster movie, Jaws, is released
  • Some Eastern PA team 'bullies' their way to their second, and final, Stanley Cup
Possible Penguins Lines
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
McCann-Malkin-Kessel
Simon-Bjugstad-Hornqvist
Simon-Cullen-Wilson
Dumoulin-Letang
Johnson-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson
DeSmith
Murray

Possible Flyers Lines
Lindblom-Couturier-Voracek
VanRiemsdyk-Patrick-Giroux
Raffl-Laughton-Konecny
Varone-Knight-Hartman
Provorov-Sanheim
Gostisbehere-Myers
Hagg-Gudas
Hart
Elliott

QgYuFB.gif

256x256bb.jpg

Have a Happy, and Safe, St. Patrick's Day!​

Let's
Go
Pens!

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The only reason I might want to see CDS in net so Murray avoids a cheap shot head injury. We can't afford to lose Murray (or anyone else) but lets cross our fingers for a healthy end.

Reactions: Lustaf

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Flyers get to play spoiler, they'll be coming guns blazing and I hate that I have to miss this because work called me in for tomorrow because of f***ing international times and it being Monday somewhere else when we have our meeting.

Just win.

Also, Gudbranson...go destroy someone.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I wonder if Riikola knows this jam.

You might think its funny at first, but get some of your boys / ladies.... do it.

Last edited:

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Tough game for Rust and Tanger to come back for with Philly always going for cheap shots. Wonder if Sully will hold them out again because of that.

Need the two points tonight after the disaster yesterday. Getting 2/4 this weekend with as good as we have been playing will do just fine.

Tough Road Trip coming up as well. We lose tonight I could see this spiral into 5 in a row very quickly. Although with Montreal being a dumpster fire we should still get in but man I want no part of TB rd 1. Could be a sweep or 5 at the most.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Hopefully Sully gets the lines right today. All he needs to do is plug Rust in for ZAR and we have two elite 1st lines:

Guentzel-Crosby-McCann
Rust-Malkin-Kessel

I full expect him to pull a Bylsma and mess this up though.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hopefully Sully gets the lines right today. All he needs to do is plug Rust in for ZAR and we have two elite 1st lines:

Guentzel-Crosby-McCann
Rust-Malkin-Kessel

I don’t think you can call any top 6 line with Rust on it elite.

Let’s go Pens, beat this shitty team.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Guentzel-Crosby-McCann
Rust-Malkin-Kessel

You might see Rust and McCann swapped which is fine too. I kinda of like that better. Small chance Rust starts in the bottom 6 to get game fitness but I doubt it. Sully said both he and Letang are out until they are both really ready.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don’t think you can call any top 6 line with Rust on it elite.

Let’s go Pens, beat this ****ty team.
With Sid and Jake, sure you can. You have two top 10 even strength scorers in the league. And I know it's not quite fair to ignore his slow start since inconsistency is one of Rust's drawbacks, but since december 12th Rust is tied for 15th in the league for even strength goals. Even going with the hole season, he's tied with guys like Laine, Bergeron, and Rantonen for even strength goals.

Not sure about Rust-Geno-Kessel, but Jake-Sid-Rust was absolutely an elite line this year. Rust is a really good even strength player and a great 3rd wheel to top 6 talent. That said, Geno and Kessel will need to click back in to form (mostly Kessel) for the line to be truly elite.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad