Post-Game Talk: #73| Boston Bruins @ New York Islanders | March 19th | 7:00 PM | F/L 5-0

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The team had 13 shots in 60 minutes people. THIRTEEN!!!!!! And yet the same people still defending them. "Nobody thought we would be here" "It has been a great season" What the hell does that have to do with tonight???? Do you just have an excuse prepared before every game if they lose?

They played like shit. Before the game nearly everyone agreed they'd play like shit. Not sure why you're angry or surprised. Boston had been a bad match up for this team for a f***ing decade.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I will say that Chara agreeing to fight Martin shows the level of respect they have for one another. Martin cashed in a favor. Chara is just an absolute monster, especially when he's doing a staged fight and can get set. Really appreciate him agreeing to the fight.

IveI never seen Lee skate as fast as he did at the end of the first to beat out McAvoy.

As for the rest? Throw it away and start fresh tomorrow.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
They played like ****. Before the game nearly everyone agreed they'd play like ****. Not sure why you're angry or surprised. Boston had been a bad match up for this team for a ****ing decade.
Because it would be nice if one time this team could come out with pride in a game that might be considered a bad matchup. Actually look like they give a crap with 9 games to go in the season and fighting for the playoffs. Where is the pride from these guys? Quite frankly, that also falls on the coach. Imagine what the reaction on this board would be from all of you if Weight or Capuano was the coach after a game like this. Yet somehow Trotz is bulletproof. This team has been mediocre for 2 months now, with a few individual games as exceptions.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Did anyone stick around for post game. Curious at what trotz had to say about this disaster

Nah, but Boston was reading our passes all night, great on the forecheck, opportunistic, and we're allowed to do the stretch pass numerous times. They're just flat out good and better than us.

Reactions: Instant

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Hey Barry, Maybe if your players even tried in the game, it would not have been so easy defensively for Boston.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Because it would be nice if one time this team could come out with pride in a game that might be considered a bad matchup. Actually look like they give a crap with 9 games to go in the season and fighting for the playoffs. Where is the pride from these guys? Quite frankly, that also falls on the coach. Imagine what the reaction on this board would be from all of you if Weight or Capuano was the coach after a game like this. Yet somehow Trotz is bulletproof. This team has been mediocre for 2 months now, with a few individual games as exceptions.

Oh, so you expect them to win games against teams that are significantly better than them?

We've seen this team get up for big games all year, where the team in year's past would have crumbled. Stop the complaining, my God. We're not that good, I've been saying it for months.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Oh, so you expect them to win games against teams that are significantly better than them?

We've seen this team get up for big games all year, where the team in year's past would have crumbled. Stop the complaining, my God. We're not that good, I've been saying it for months.
There is a difference between not good and not trying. I saw no effort tonight. I saw a team that showed up like this game was meaningless.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
No, i point out what actually happens, as opposed to people like you who make excuses for a bunch of millionaire athletes not doing their job. AWWWWW poor guys had to play 3 games in 4 days. Ohhhhhh they have injuries, oh they are banged up. Stop with the excuses. The played like garbage, absolute garbage. No energy, no effort. Like they didnt even give a ****. Why is it so hard for you to just admit that.

'We got our ass kicked' is not an excuse. You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Actually, Canes winning in a SO is probably a better outcome than Pens winning in regulation.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I will say that Chara agreeing to fight Martin shows the level of respect they have for one another. Martin cashed in a favor. Chara is just an absolute monster, especially when he's doing a staged fight and can get set. Really appreciate him agreeing to the fight.

IveI never seen Lee skate as fast as he did at the end of the first to beat out McAvoy.

As for the rest? Throw it away and start fresh tomorrow.
Yeah, what was that?! I had to check the # a couple of times before I believed it.

Reactions: Finnislander

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Dont worry, Lou is still evaluating. Maybe he will be done with his evaluation in time for him to actually do something this summer. Because something would be more than nothing, which is what he has done so far as GM of the team.

He assembled a roster that is in second place. I guess that's nothing these days.

Reactions: Instant

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That was embarassing. Can’t do anything about the fact that the Bruins are more talented than us but you can always be tough to play against. I think the effort was disgraceful tonight. We checked out at 2-0. No excuse for getting trucked in your own building.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad