Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
My five fave Zep tunes, in no particular order:

Achilles Last Stand
In My Time of Dying
Since I’ve Been Loving You
Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You
In The Light
Music can recapture past feelings and memories quickly and evoke those sentiments in ways that are indescribable. Some songs are elevated solely because of those emotions. But Achilles and Kashmir run 1-2 on my list..on an otherwise developed inventory.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Anyone here good with access reporting? I need to re-work a report to fit this printer's needs, and for some reason, when i export to Word instead of PDF, i lose my barcodes and associated data. Top is PDF (what it should look like) and bottom is what the word doc is coming out as. have the 30f9 font installed, and its not an issue for any of my other files. For the life of me, i can't figure out what is bumming this up.

Cap1.JPG
cap2.JPG

drcrusher

Jul 12, 2006
Someone is going to have to explain to me how a package started in Pennsauken, then went to Edison, then back to Pennsauken, then up to Hamilton, back to Pennsauken again, finally over to Barrington, and then was put on a truck for delivery to Ocean City, yet the delivery estimate has not changed.

I am also sometimes confused yet amazed by the traveling mail sometimes takes before it gets to me. And once, how it appeared to go somewhere it didn't. A couple years ago I sent a package home to my folks -- in Iowa -- via USPS. I sent it priority, so it came with a tracking number. After a couple days, it said it was delivered. My parents denied having received it. Uh oh. I checked the tracking more closely and it said it was delivered to an address in Oregon.

I called the USPS and asked, "What's up with this?" and the next half a day was spent by USPS employees in Delaware, Iowa, and Oregon talking to each other, and me, trying to figure out what happened. After a few dead ends, they sent me an email of their photograph taken of the delivered package's postage label and while it was grainy, I could tell it was not the one I had put on my package, because it wasn't the same price. It was finally concluded that the priority tracking bar code label had come off my package and gotten stuck to this other package that went to Oregon. Two days later, the package I sent to my parents arrived in Iowa (not on priority time scale, but whatever, by then I was just glad it made it).

While this was a bit of a screw-up, I do appreciate the USPS going to that work trying to figure out what happened for me. They could have said "Who knows and frankly we don't care" and then in a couple days the package would have shown up anyway but instead I got several calls from these post offices with information working on it and we finally figured it out.

Post-office related, in high school, a friend of mine went to Africa for a school mission trip for a few weeks. Something like a year after she returned to the US, she got a letter from some man she met there in which he asked her to marry him so he could come to the US. Now, the relevance of this story is that the way he addressed the envelope involved absolutely NOTHING required to get a letter from anywhere to anywhere else. Yet somehow, the USPS got it to her. It took a long time, but it got there.

I know there are people complain about the USPS, but I remain a loyal and true customer, not just because normally, my mail gets where I want it to when I need it to, but then there are things like this that kind of impress me about it.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
From what I can tell the Disney+ launch has been a disaster.

I’ve been waiting two hours for an email regarding a code I need to input. Looks like a ton of people are having that same issue along with others.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Anyone here good with access reporting? I need to re-work a report to fit this printer's needs, and for some reason, when i export to Word instead of PDF, i lose my barcodes and associated data. Top is PDF (what it should look like) and bottom is what the word doc is coming out as. have the 30f9 font installed, and its not an issue for any of my other files. For the life of me, i can't figure out what is bumming this up.

View attachment 276341 View attachment 276343

Do I look like I know what a jpeg is?
I just want a picture of a goddamn hot[sandwich]dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad